Thread: Advice on D core

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Advice on D core

See signature. With the active Dmen I have and the prospects that may/may not come up next year, are Gelinas and Wiercioch the least valuable and worth getting rid of?
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Advice on D core

Other than Ellis, and maybe Murphy too, I would say your D generally needs a bit of an overhaul.
    The question wasn't very specific though. Are you trying to trade the two D you mentioned, or are you dropping them/losing them to expansion?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Trying to get rid of Gelinas/Wiercioch either by trade or dropping them. I'm hoping Theodore/Pulock make their respective teams this upcoming year.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Theodore and Pulock should both play with Anaheim and New York, respectively. Gelinas and Wiercioch are basically fantasy afterthoughts.

Dobber Sports Expert

Connor Murphy or Ryan Murphy? Connor is worthy of a keep to supplement the peripherals and is coming into his own as a solid stay-at-home D man. Ryan is pretty well falling to the bottom of the depth chart as Carolina has much better options in the pipeline. Ryan is pretty worthy of a drop as well who is really a #6/7 Dman who may see some PP2 time but is a complete liability in his half of the ice.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would have no issues dropping Wiercioch as he's not in Ottawa plans for the future and if I'm not mistaken being shopped pretty hard. If you can get anything..take it.

The Murphy in question is required knowledge as well however if it's a choice btwn him and Theodore or Pulock..I'd take either of those two.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

The Great One

I'm not saying Wiercioch will turn out to be fantasy-viable, but remember that he was somewhat buried in Ottawa and yet he's still only 25 years old and prior to last season had tallied 55 points in 151 games, for a 30 point full season pace. If he catches on elsewhere and gets a second chance, he could surprise.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

You troll these boards NAParker77? Lol. Thanks for the advice man!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for advice/opinions! (and any future ones)
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.