Thread: ontario canada-natural gas vs hydro

Dobber Sports Master

Default ontario canada-natural gas vs hydro

I upgraded my entire hvac system in 2013 and also cashed a govt. incentive cheque for 500 towards the project .

and now they want to cut the gas off and have ontarians switch to electirc heat when 76% of heat with natural gas .

I dislike the fracking (sp?) method to search for natural gas so bravo if this the concern .

just seems weird that I was given an incentive to switch to a more efficient hvac system from the govt and now this .

The Great One

Default Re: ontario canada-natural gas vs hydro

I'm sure you can get a big fat cheque for switching to electric heat.

Then, just wait a little while, for hydro to be banned so we can all switch to solar power or something like that.

Ontario's energy plan has been a train wreck for quite some time...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The government makes alot of really solid, awesome, smart, brilliant, acute, intelligent, ingenious, knowledgeable, profound, resourceful, inventive, and rational ideas all the time.. I'm never surprised because it is all for the greater good..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Three words...Follow. The. Money. I would bet other people's money that this has less to do with altruistic motivation than someone benefitting monetarily.

Ontario is a mess.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

Where in Ontario are you talking about? Electric heat is way more expensive than gas and I can't imagine the government would force anyone to use it but if it does, i'll be investing in wood burning stoves manufacturers.

Dobber Sports Ace

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ting-1.3602752

Doesn't look like it's actually happening. Might be part of the long-term solution to phase it out in new-builds, but for the time being the infrastructure isn't there to support an immediate switch. Plus, the gas/oil lobbyists in Queen's park would bog down any change like that for YEARS in the courts. Hopefully long enough for a better solution than electric heating to come along, or at least time for cheaper alternatives for electricity generation to be put into effect.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Master

first phase would probably an annoying green tax on natural gas

Dobber Sports Master

same amout of kwatts used last year as this year and my june hydro bill = 25$ more .

ontario liberals are going to have to do something for joe average

Dobber Sports Ace

They're targeting the youth vote and trying to pry union votes away from the NDP. Their policies from here til the next election are all going to be focused around social policies, the environment, and job creation. What they're doing with energy prices and the like is going to piss off voters over the age of 35, but most people younger than that either won't notice, or won't know that the prices are going up faster than they used to, and faster than other areas of the country, and so it won't effect how they vote. For the ProvLibs it'll likely turn into one more government, and then a more conservative party will take over after that. Trouble is, as much as people are upset at Wynne's government, we also still remember how much damage the PCs did during the 90s, and Bob Rae killed the NDP in Ontario. Until one of the other parties re-brands itself pretty considerably, the Liberals are still the most trusted, regardless of pretty much anything they do/have done. I could almost see a regional "Ontario for Ontarians" type of party appearing after the Liberals win the next election, kind of like the Wildrose party in Alberta.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso