Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The ADL Project

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: The ADL Project

Quote Originally Posted by traiken View Post
    I would be very interested if there was an entry fee, but to have a rule of 'will be free if 25 people dont sign up' is a tough one. I have tried close to 30 free leagues and the best one of them was 100x worse than the worst of the 10 money leagues I am in. Not that it is impossible to run a good free league, but a buy-in seems so necessary for a big 25 + team league to ensure dedication unless you personally know everyone in the pool. If you get to 24 signees I will be there with bells on! I really do wish you good luck.
    I couldn't agree more with you.

The two reasons I have included that to the rule book, is that this league will run surrogates for any team lacking a GM... which means the house will make the moves for this club, as discussed in the Coyote Clause section of the CBA... which of course is not ideal.

The 2nd reason is that I hope it makes everyone a little more motivated at filling the 30 seats, rather than just leaving it up to the Commish.

Why don't you sign up and show your support for the project... not to mention get a choice of which club you'd like to run? And if my efforts fall short... well you won't exactly be out anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I need LawMan to decipher those articles then to tell me what my opinion is.
    It is definitely a rule book you will want to print out and not rely on in the digital form.

Might not be for everyone, but we are looking for a specific group of specialized poolsters to play this thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Finally took a good look. It's pretty ambitious, so kudos to you on the project. The scoring settings are way too much for me personally, but I know some people LOVE that stuff so it may be a good fit for them.

Hope you can find enough people for it!
    Ambitious is right. Everything I do is.
    Wanted: 28 elite poolsters for The ADL Project.

Dobber Sports Genius

Mr. Gettman,

Where is this league going to be hosted?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Mr. Gettman,

Where is this league going to be hosted?
    Fantrax.
    Wanted: 28 elite poolsters for The ADL Project.