Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rinne? Or go youth with Murray/Vas/other?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rinne? Or go youth with Murray/Vas/other?

One goalie who has been overlooked here, and would be in a similar mould would be Cam Talbot. Edmonton has to improve sometime right?
    He has the contract of a starter, only has Brossoit behind him, and has a team that should be on the up, and will be focusing on defence.

There are also the Anaheim two, and you could try and get one for a slightly cheeper price before a trade, because once they are separated and both clear starters, their value goes up.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

With Jones emerging as a #1 (I'm not as high on him as everyone, I think it's the team) you have the luxury of shopping Rinne

Trade him before his value is too low. I like Murray over vas
    Keeper League - 13 team - Points Only - Keep 6
    Weekly 6F 4D 2G - Skaters = 1G 1A - Goalies = 1.5 W 1 SO SV 0.1 GA-1

FORWARDS : Bozak, Brassard, Johansen, Malkin, McDavid, Rackell, V. Rask, Simmonds, B Schenn, Toews

DEFENCE :Faulk, Keith, Letang, Provorov, Shattenkirk

GOALIES : Bernier, Gibson, Hellebuyck, Niemi, Talbot

DRAFT PICKS 2016 : 1,2,3,4,5,5,6,7,8,9,10

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

OK...

So here are some potential deals in the works. Nothing immanent and some will need to leverage other deals.

1. GM(A) has Mrazek, Vas, Allen and Elliott. He will be keeping Mrazek, Vas and Allen. Which means Elliott is going to be dropped or maybe had for a song (by me...). I'd only do this if I suddenly didn't have Rinne (hence, no 3rd tender to keep)

2. GM(B) currently has the #3 overall pick. As I have a handful of marginal keeper players (on my team... definite keepers on another but will need to be dropped by me) I have the luxury of "over paying" with Currency that is essentially borrowed (no one is trading for these guys but they'd go quick in the re-draft).

Potential deal he's thinking about it is my {Rinne and Stralman for his 3rd overall}.

I don't need any players back as I can easily replace the Utility spot vacated by Rinne with Palat or Neal. (#3 could net me one of the Fins or the best young goalie available that wasn't able to be moved or kept at the deadline (Helly perhaps?)

3. GM(C) currently has the #1 overall pick. Spoke about this in another recent thread.

Pitched him the exact same deal of {Rinne and Stralman for #1 overall}

Expecting a quick decline, his words immediately back to me? "Good Offer, give me a couple days". I think If I can get the #1 overall pick for Rinne and Stralman...that's a no brainer. Then I could try and land Murray or Helly (or even Elliott for cheaper) as my 3rd goalie prior to keepers.

4. GM(D) is the guy I spoke of earlier who has publicly stated that he's keeping Holtby but everyone else is available which includes Luongo, Bob, Murray, Helleybuyck. Not crazy about re-acquiring Bob, but either of those 4 would be decent #3's for me next year (with Luongo, Bob and Elliott from GM(A) probably turning out the safest G3 numbers).

There's my update. Rinne seems to be very polarizing in my league. The guys who REALLY need goalies want him. The guys who are just looking to strengthen their crease, not so much.

There the update so far.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I posted in your other thread, but really like the idea of getting Elliott or one of the non-Luongo golaies from the list in #4 somewhat cheaply; then moving Rinne, especially if it nets you a high pick. Essentially you move out a non-keeper, upgrade a keeper, and gain a high pick.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    One goalie who has been overlooked here, and would be in a similar mould would be Cam Talbot. Edmonton has to improve sometime right?
    He has the contract of a starter, only has Brossoit behind him, and has a team that should be on the up, and will be focusing on defence.

There are also the Anaheim two, and you could try and get one for a slightly cheeper price before a trade, because once they are separated and both clear starters, their value goes up.
    Missed this response EB.

Talbot is owned and very much coveted by his owner.
    Same can be said about Gibson and Andersen (although the Andersen owner is a little skittish with the thought that his #2 (behind Bishop... eep) has so many ?'s swirling around him.