Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone "set" despite the SCF not starting until tomorrow?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Anyone "set" despite the SCF not starting until tomorrow?

I asked Dobber nation if they felt their playoff pools were messed up shortly after the conclusion of the first round. Many of you, myself included, had gambled mightily on the Ducks, Kings and Blackhawks. Ooooopps!!

Now, the eve before the Stanley Cup Final begins, is there anybody who had SJ and Pittsburgh picked to meet in the finals, and are laughing at their playoff pool competition as the series gets under way.
    I'm pretty sure "forumname" said he had a pool with mostly players from the Sharks and the Pens. Is that true, forumname?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Anyone "set" despite the SCF not starting until tomorrow?

I took Penguins to emerge from the East in my bracket on NHL.com and in my Sportsnet pool. On the West no dice.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I took Penguins to emerge from the East in my bracket on NHL.com and in my Sportsnet pool. On the West no dice.
    Same here, although I had STL as my secondary team from the West.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

I had seven players in my playoff pool at the beginning of the conference final; going into tomorrow I have none. Booourns.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Master

the pool I'm in only allowed a max 4 player per team so Sid was my token Pens player / only remaining active on my team .

I had loaded up on hawks,caps etc...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

One of my buddies in my pool took SJ and PIT players only.. I've never been in a draft where a guy has dominated more then this..

He went in wanting Ducks and I went in wanting Sharks, not sure how things switched??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

I went with STL and Caps players mainly. That's who I picked in the NHL pool to go to the final.

D'oh!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

I had Pens vs Stars in the finals with Pittsburgh taking home the Cup! I'm out of my playoff pool though but nonetheless, I'm glad to see the Sharks, a top regular-season team for the longest time, finally make it to the Finals!

''This one is shapping up to be a dandy!''
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ran a pool with 125 people.....only one guy picked SJ/Pit as their finalist. He's currently in 7th and likely won't catch 1st (50 points back but 20 players remaining vs 1st place's 6).....but definitely 2nd right now

Dobber Sports Guru

My colleague is in a points-only pool where he had to change strategy early. Went with mostly Pittsburgh/SJ. He's something like 60 points up on second before the finals even starts.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m in a pool where it’s just picking the winner of the series and how many games. 1pt if you guess the winning team right, 2pts if you are +/-1 game with the right team winning (pitts in 6, but they win in 5, you get 2 pts), 3pts if you guess team and number of games right. I am 4pts out of money, so I’m 100% eliminated. Chose Pitts in 4 just for the hell of it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Went Chicago/Pittsburgh in my only bracket pool. 1/2 right didn't get me anything.

Dobber Sports Guru

The guy that loaded up with Tbay in our pool has had a nice lead since round 1; he's got nobody left. But the guy in second has a lot of Sharks and a couple Pens and only trails him by 8. I'm guessing he'll catch first easily.

I'm in third, trailing the current leader by 22 (after game 1) and have 7 Pens: Crosby, Kessel, Bonino, Schultz, Hornqvist, Kuhnackl and Kunitz.
    We pay out the top two.
    Think I can make up the difference?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    The guy that loaded up with Tbay in our pool has had a nice lead since round 1; he's got nobody left. But the guy in second has a lot of Sharks and a couple Pens and only trails him by 8. I'm guessing he'll catch first easily.

I'm in third, trailing the current leader by 22 (after game 1) and have 7 Pens: Crosby, Kessel, Bonino, Schultz, Hornqvist, Kuhnackl and Kunitz.
    We pay out the top two.
    Think I can make up the difference?
    Basically you need to average three points each:
    Crosby:5
    Kessel:5
    Bonino:4
    Schultz:3
    Horny:3
    Kuhnackl:1
    Kunitz:1

This is what it would take you to tie first. If this series goes 3 or 4 more games, it's probably unrealistic. If it goes 5 or 6 more, then I think you're in a good position at the moment.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I asked Dobber nation if they felt their playoff pools were messed up shortly after the conclusion of the first round. Many of you, myself included, had gambled mightily on the Ducks, Kings and Blackhawks. Ooooopps!!

Now, the eve before the Stanley Cup Final begins, is there anybody who had SJ and Pittsburgh picked to meet in the finals, and are laughing at their playoff pool competition as the series gets under way.
    I'm pretty sure "forumname" said he had a pool with mostly players from the Sharks and the Pens. Is that true, forumname?
    Yup - I predicted the exact finals before the playoffs began. And the best part is I have date-stamped proof:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...layoffs-picks/
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...ffs-round-one/
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/