Thread: Crosby/Tavy Trade

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Crosby/Tavy Trade

Hey All,

Got an interesting offer and thought I would get some thoughts on it. This is a multi-cat keeper league and I'm currently in rebuild mode. I have 1st and 6th overall and a good young core of guys like drai, tavy, gaudreau, zibs, jones, trouba, etc

I've been offered:

Crosby
    Griffin Reinhart(not a fan fantasywise)

for my:

Tavares
    Deangelo
    Boeser

As a rebuilding team my first inclination is to just reject this deal as I would be giving up good young depth. Should I perhaps look at removing Reinhart and one of my pieces like boeser/deangelo from the trade to even the balance sheet? or do people feel I give up the value to acquire Crosby.

Any thoughts are rep'd and appreciated.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Crosby/Tavy Trade

I would take it in a heartbeat. You're getting the best player in the deal.

Crosby is still and will be for a while, the best player in the league.

Until nyi gets a winger to play with JT, he will be limited in what he can do. Crosby plays on arguably the best PP in the league

As for the prospect, DeAngelo is the one I'd hate to lose. But you can never go wrong acquiring Sid and DeAngelo isn't even close to a deal breaker.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Titan

See if you can flip someone else in the deal instead of Reinhart if you aren't a fan, but I take the Crosby side.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Really what the other owner wants is Tavares for Sid, so try to get better pieces. I don't imagine they'll bail if you ask for slightly better secondary parts. I'd do it.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you should do the deal, but work the pieces to better fit your liking. If you can drop Reinhart out and replace with a player that you like better for the rebuilding team, then its a win for you. Adding Crosby alongside the no.1 pick this year instantly moves your rebuild further in the right direction, even if losing a player like JT. Crpsby is the better own.
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for the advice guys, sometimes can be hard when it's a team you've worked so hard on to see the right choice. I ended up accepting the deal as is, I do get the best player in the deal, just hurts giving up some of the youth I was building up. In the end I decided it wasn't worth nitpicking over Reinhart. Rep'd, thank you all for the perspective.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Vancityguy View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys, sometimes can be hard when it's a team you've worked so hard on to see the right choice. I ended up accepting the deal as is, I do get the best player in the deal, just hurts giving up some of the youth I was building up. In the end I decided it wasn't worth nitpicking over Reinhart. Rep'd, thank you all for the perspective.
    Completely fair. Sometimes the back and forth isn't worth it, and it is preferable to be more approachable with future deals from that manager. Not really a quantifiable thing, but it does help!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Vancityguy View Post
    You could have found a way to land Crosby without giving up DeAngelo IMO, but the risk of going back and fourth with the other manager and having him pull the deal off the table was not worth it.

Enjoy Crosby for the foreseeable future!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Novice

Even taking it, you could then move Crosby for more/better pieces than you gave up. But that'd have to be something like Seguin+
    H2H Customized Scoring System - Full Dynasty
    LW - E. Kane, Kuznetsov, Landeskog, Neal, ROR, Pavelski; C - Backstrom, Barkov, Draisaitl, Eichel, McDavid, Johansen; RW - Duclair, Kucherov, MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Trocheck, Zibanejad
    D - Barrie, Ekblad, OEL, Hedman, Fowler, Jones, Josi, Klingberg, Ghost; G - Price, Holtby, Schneider
    Bench: F - Drouin, Vessey; D - Murray, Bigras, Hanifin, Miller; G - Varly, Pickard
    Minors: F - Marner, Strome, Zacha, Crouse, Meier, Rantanen; D - Koekkoek, Provorov; G - Hellebuyck, Korpisalo