Thread: Playmation... Brings out the kid in you!

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Playmation... Brings out the kid in you!

Ok so there's no typo in my title: Playmation (not Playstation) is a 2015 Disney toy that lets kids (and immature adults) emulate imaginary battles vs the most fearsome Marvel Universe villains using a replica Repulsor blaster (basically Iron Man's glove) amongst other weapon add-ons.

This is a stand-alone product that does not use a TV or need any other consoles. You can sync your progress through an app (iOS/android) but it is not necessary. Basically, the user straps on the Repulsor blaster on their arm/hand and powers it up (4AA batteries). Then the user turns on the 2 power activators that are placed in different areas of a room (base that connects wirelessly to the Repulsor and interacts with other base/Repulsor in various ways). Once all 3 devices are on, the Repulsor begins to inform the user in a J.A.R.V.I.S. voice about the basic movements and features (this only happens the first time the device is used). Once everything is calibrated, the Repulsor will voice-out different scenarios where the user must ''make-believe'' and walk around the room (aka New York city in rubbles) and fight off bad guys (the power activator bases). When fighting the bad guys, the user uses the Repulsor to shoot different types of lasers/rockets/freeze rays at the activator bases. The bases light up and react to each shot fired (think laser tag). The bases fire back themselves and have shields that power up and down so that the user must take cover when fired upon and fire back when the defenses are down.

You can also add character figurines to the bases to add different scenarios/villains to the missions at hand. Basically, this plays out like a game of hide and seek meets cops and robbers meets laser tag. The voiced out scenarios from the Repulsor are pretty neat and are actually entertaining for kids and adults alike. I bought the device for my 4 year-old nephew last weekend and he was indifferent at first when he saw the box but when he (and I) got to playing with it, all he could talk about during this past week was ''when can we play it again'' (yes the device stayed at my house... my GF is not pleased but I know he will break it if he brings it home so it's ''ours'' but it stays at my place )

Anyways, the purpose of this thread is not to illustrate how immature I am... it's simply for all those of you that have young children (girls like it too), this is a pretty neat gadget that retailed for $120+ when it first came out in late 2015, but has since been cleared in most stores for $40 or so.

Below is the starter set that comes with the Repulsor blaster, 2 activator bases and 2 characters. Like I said, you can always add more characters to the mix as well as other weapons (Hulk Gloves) to expand the game, but the starter set is enough to entertain any kid IMO.

If any of you have this device, let me know what you think; I have only used it twice until now, but apart from the battery guzzler it is (12AA batteries in all), I find it pretty neat for the price.

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

Default Re: Playmation... Brings out the kid in you!

So how the hell do you shoot things.

The voice tells you where they are?

Dobber Sports Pro

For adults this is basically LARP-ing, but if you hate Fantasy/Dungeons and Dragons haha

And at the same time, I kind of wish I had it as a kid.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    So how the hell do you shoot things.

The voice tells you where they are?
    The voice in the blaster tells you that villain X has just appeared in your realm. You then use the blaster to shoot the base activators that represent the said bad guy(s). To shoot, you can mimic the famous Iron Man motion with his open hand facing out (large energy blast), you can keep your arm straigh and press a button for rockets or freeze blasts or you can block in a defensive position. The blaster has motion detection as well as triggers that activate when you move your wrist a certain way. I'm telling you, this stuff is for kids but the adults get a blast out of it as well (pun intended). Just make sure that, as an adult, you have a kid nearby when trying it out or else you may look like a total weirdo playing it on your own

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay