Thread: ATTENTION: SERIOUS FANTASY HOCKEY GM’s! New GM's needed.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Cool ATTENTION: Looking for GM's!

League Type: Dynasty, Full keeper, Fixed Salary Cap, Head to Head weekly total points scoring match-ups

Cost: Free

# of Teams: 24

Years of Existence: Entering our 3rd season.

Roster: 4C, 8W, 6D, 2G, 3 Reserves plus an unlimited minor league system

Salary Cap: $65 million, fixed.

Player Rights: Retained. You hold onto all players on your team as long as you want, their salaries are determined at maximum 4-year “contacts” which are based on the league rubric for scoring.

Important Upcoming League Dates:
    April 11, 2016 - June 1, 2016 - Renegotiation posts can be made
    June 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016 - Re-signings are open
    July 1, 2016 - 2016 NHLKeeperLeague Entry Draft Begins with Round 1, Pick 1
    August 1, 2016 - Free Agency Opens

Time Commitment: After learning the ropes I’d allow 1-2 hours/week to set lineups, reply to posts, and update your team pages. Allow for significantly more time during the trade deadline, free agency,

Administration: Match-ups and scoring administered through Fantrax, league administered through nhlkeeperleague.com. League is managed through an experienced group of GM's elected to the TAB.

Think a league like this might be for you?

Steps to Join:
    Read through the extensive rules; http://www.nhlkeeperleague.com/forum...l-league-rules
    Pick your new team, currently available teams are Florida, Philadelphia, Buffalo Sabres, and Detroit Red Wings. All teams are in great shape for a new owner, many of which were playoff contenders last year!
    Email the GM jestorx(at)gmail.com directly to express your interest and take the next steps in the application process. Please include your requested team, Fantrax email and your previous experience in fantasy hockey leagues.
    Last edited by jestorx; May 20, 2016 at 3:10 PM. Reason: Feedback on post.

Banned

Default Re: ATTENTION: SERIOUS FANTASY HOCKEY GM’s! New GM's needed.

I feel like I just read an infomercial

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This big fancy to-do post. When in reality it's just another salary cap keeper league lol. The unnecessary theatrics for an average hockey league make it far less desirable, not more haha.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for your feedback, just wanted to be clear and encourage experienced GM's to get involved. If you have any concrete suggestions on how to improve the ad please feel free to contact me as I am always open to improving.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jestorx View Post
    Thanks for your feedback, just wanted to be clear and encourage experienced GM's to get involved. If you have any concrete suggestions on how to improve the ad please feel free to contact me as I am always open to improving.
    i would suggest removing the whole first paragraph sales pitch and cap locks with "long time running sal cap league"

Also, post in the fantasy league classifieds sub forum rather than this one

Good luck and may your fantasy hockey dreams come true

Dobber Sports Monster

Jestorx,

I moved this thread to the classified section. Good luck in your search!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Generally, giving off the impression of "All other leagues are shit, but MINE is great" instantly turns people off. Which your post clearly does and clearly INTENDS to. Most of us are pretty experienced fantasy players with multiple leagues we like. Convincing as to join another by telling us our currents ones are shit and yours is great is a.....really bad approach.

The Great One

TBH I wouldn't touch this league with a barge pole... Know a few people that were in here and never lasted

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks again everyone for the feedback. I can see the implication that the post was criticizing other leagues, I've removed all the references of that kind and will keep it in mind for all future posts.
    Would love to get some more feedback from Sulla, I'll PM you and maybe you can elaborate on your statements.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thank you!

The Great One

All replied - think it's fair to share experiences with the other dobber members

Dobber Sports Newbie

we had 3 problematic GMs in the initial year, and I'm convinced two of them joined just to f*** over the league for the first season. i.e. bad trades, giving up futures and creating drama. We have since mitigated this by tightening up the voting requirements, introducing a salary rubric, and a few other measures. Unfortunately, the first year saw a lot of drama, a few big mistakes by the 3 problematic GMs who all quit prior to Decemeber. Leaving one team in a state of total disrepair that the TAB has taken it over to rebuild it in hopes that a GM may find it attractive in a few seasons.

We do mail out a trophy to the winner titled the Manly Cup. The winner's take the cup somewhere iconic and pose with it i.e. the Bell Center or the Golden State Bridge. We also provide active GMs with game center accounts and have other incentives. So a run-of-the-mill keeper league - I think not.

Anywho, everyone is entitled to their opinion and the only thing which we can agree on is that TOR will get Matthews this year.

Cheers,