Thread: PewDiePie

Dobber Sports Giant

Default PewDiePie

Any of you guys follow this dude? I used to watch a few of his early videos when he would broadcast Modern Warfare clips and coment on his online matches. That was about 4 years ago. Then in late 2015, I saw that he had an app on iOS and I didn't understand how he got a video game named after him from what he was doing on YouTube. I started watching his clips and realized how big he had become in so little time. Some of his vids are clever, others are decent and some are just boring. Nonetheless, this 26 year old Swede managed to gain over 44,000,000 subscribers in less than 5 years on YouTube!!! The most by any non-celebrity (or anyone actually) I believe! He has more subscribers than the Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift channels COMBINED!

His humour is not for everyone and he does say/do childish things, but when he reviews his fanart or he replies to hate mail, he cracks me up! He's become funnier/more clever in the past year IMO. Like him or hate him, the guy is laughing his way to the bank, making weekly videos about pretty much nothing

This video below is not for everyone as it contains immature humor mixed with coarse language and sexual themes, but if you have 6-10 minutes to kill, it may get a giggle or 2 out of you! It also gives you an idea of the type of videos he makes (editing, quirky remarks, expressions,...)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeoRnSJKPzo
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: PewDiePie

He pretty much is the embodiment of what I can't stand about internet culture. But good on him for becoming filthy rich with the video equivalents of the cassette tape radio shows my friends and I use to make as kids.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Guy made like 18 million bucks last year. I wish I had thought of narrating myself playing video games, damn!
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Padawan

after reading this thread, I watched a few of his videos and actually had a few laughs. I was not expecting that.

I can see the appeal for younger people watching his stuff for sure.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)