Thread: S.Jones for Paray

Dobber Sports Stud

Default S.Jones for Paray

seth jones vs colton parayko - multi-cat dynasty league, counts points,+-, hits, blocks. I need to trade one of them, who should go?
    parayko was much better this year, but I feel like jones has a whole other gear that he hasn't come close to, and that parayko won't be able to come close to.
    jones is gonna have to share PP duties with werenski soon, but with parayko, even after they trade shattenkirk, they'll have jake walman coming up, and he'll probably be their PP QB of the future. not to mention Jordan schmaltz.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: S.Jones for Paray

I'd take Jones all day, every day.
    Perhaps it's because Parayko was a surprise and I'm not enough of a believer yet, but Jones should continue to grow into something special.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

I also prefer Seth Jones here but Parayko is certainly turning some heads. You shouldn't have any trouble dealing him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Jones for me.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Expert

Jones for me, and I wouldn't consider it close, but I still believe Jones has a ton of upside that is untapped.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Seth Jones for me too.
    I'm impressed by Parayko, but see him more as a 2nd pairing D man who'll only be PP2 and will spend a lot of time on the PK.
    I like Jones to log more ES1 & PP1 time in the next couple years on a thinner CBJ blueline.

Dobber Sports Titan

Watched him a lot in Nashville, and he looks like a #1 D already. He should be the better keep of the two. With Parayko coming out and having a great all around season (plus the size and lots of potential) you should get just as good if not a better return there anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

In hindsight it may prove that Parayko was the one to keep, but at this time and place you hold on to Seth Jones. Jones will be the clear cut #1 in Columbus. You want to take the stats that come along with all the ice time he is about to get. Parayko +/- makes him look very attractive right now. That number is fickle. Look the the 24:27 mins/night Jones had with Coulmbus. That is the number that is going to drive the stats.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Master

Agree with everyone here: Jones is the better asset to keep in the long run.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

I like both a ton! Ultimately, I would go with Seth Jones for the same reasons others have posted above BUT in saying that, dangle both out there and see what kind of potential returns you could get for either player and then based on that, make your decision.