Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Boudreau headed to Minny to be their new HC

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Bruce Boudreau headed to Minny to be their new HC

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Saw a tweet earlier this week that summed the Sens coaching situation up perfectly. Something like Minny and Calgary were making contract offers to Boudreau, while Melnyk still had to meet with the final two coaching nominees to decide who to hire.
    Hard to have any confidence that OTT will ever get it figured out with Melnyk in charge. The Senators fish rots from the head. Very very difficult to overcome bad ownership in the pro sports racket.

The Great One

Great hire for Minny.

I never really like Yeo as a HC. He was alright with Pittsburgh as the PP coach but meh. The interim HC in Minny did a decent job with the way the season started but that group needs an experienced coach. Should be fun to see what Boudreau can do.

Did Ottawa ever really have a chance? They'll go with some unknown again (cheaper and only team that will give you a HCing job) and try to find lightning in a bottle. 9th try is a charm right?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Didn't Melnyk say when Cameron was fired that money wouldn't be an object when it came to the new hire? For a team that's historically been bad behind the bench, a deal for a new arena pretty much lined up, one of the best coaches in hockey actually available for hire AND having ties to your city but they STILL couldn't nail this down?

They're going to regret this for a long time, and I'm sure Melnyk's public skewering of Cameron didn't help either.
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm just happy that a coach with an entertaining style of hockey will be coaching Minny. They've been somewhat dreadful to watch the last couple years. Now if we can just get rid of Hitch and his boring coaching ideology.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Here's the fantasy take on the Boudreau hiring:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...ired-in-minny/
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Deity

An interesting insight to the Ottawa discussions.

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hock...will-join-wild

Here's a snippit from the article:

Boudreau’s asking price was four years and $12 million, and reports indicated he got $2.75 million a year for four years from the Wild. It’s believed the Senators were willing to give him a three-year deal at similar money per season during lengthy discussions with his camp.

The belief is the Senators didn’t want to go to the fourth year, and the organization feels it has a strong list of candidates to choose from with Boudreau off the table.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

He'll rack up wins, but I think we'll also see a big initial boost in scoring -- seems that's his MO.
    Scoring will jump initially, then settle back down.

I'm excited as a Granlund owner -- hoping this is a game-changer for him.
    I think Parise could excel again too.
    Coyle and Nino might take another step also.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

It will be interesting to see what BB does in MIN.

His lineup is missing the "all star" factor he had in ANA (Getzlaf/Perry) as Vanek is aging/declining and Parise can't stay healthy plus he is aging as well.

MIN has some nice pieces in place and time will tell if BB gives them the opportunity to get to the next level or not.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Master

bruce certainly must hold the record for quickest coach to be rehired once fired ?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I'm just happy that a coach with an entertaining style of hockey will be coaching Minny. They've been somewhat dreadful to watch the last couple years. Now if we can just get rid of Hitch and his boring coaching ideology.
    I agree with this. This team of talented players has been frustrating to watch.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

perfect fit. loads of offensive players playing a defensive system will never work. i'm very curious to see if this turns minny into an elite team. parise could go back to 90 points, vanek (if not bought out) can hit 30/30, etc. suter will be gold.

dubnyk is ****ed though

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    perfect fit. loads of offensive players playing a defensive system will never work. i'm very curious to see if this turns minny into an elite team. parise could go back to 90 points, vanek (if not bought out) can hit 30/30, etc. suter will be gold.

dubnyk is ****ed though
    I agree with most of what you said but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that Parise is hitting 90 again......70 points is more realistic. I realize you said "could" but no its next to impossible.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

you're right 90 might be a stretch but i think PPG is certainly possible if he stays healthy

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    you're right 90 might be a stretch but i think PPG is certainly possible if he stays healthy
    Very, very little chance he hits PPG, in my opinion.

Boudreau's a very good coach, and he'll probably take them back to the playoffs, but this team isn't good enough to contend, with any coach. The Wild will see a nice bump in success for a time, but in terms of winning a Cup, this team is not in good shape. When they were handing out massive contracts, they probably should have been working towards high end draft picks. Sure, they'll be a "good" team, but for how long?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Very, very little chance he hits PPG, in my opinion.

Boudreau's a very good coach, and he'll probably take them back to the playoffs, but this team isn't good enough to contend, with any coach. The Wild will see a nice bump in success for a time, but in terms of winning a Cup, this team is not in good shape. When they were handing out massive contracts, they probably should have been working towards high end draft picks. Sure, they'll be a "good" team, but for how long?
    This is much more along the lines of my thinking. Dumba is one of the brightest points of this organization. If they're not careful they are going to be heading into Vancouver Canucks territory.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)