Thread: Bitcoin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Bitcoin

Anyone else in on Bitcoin?

I have just under 2 BTC right now that I bought a while ago with some "if it's gone and I never see it again oh well" money. Interesting to see what happens with it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Bitcoin

I was years ago, made a ton when it when from 100 to 1000 in a few months but haven't paid attention since that happened. Took the money and ran. It's far too complicated for widespread use imo. The need for end user encryption/digital wallets etc just leaves it in a very niche space.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancityguy View Post
    I was years ago, made a ton when it when from 100 to 1000 in a few months but haven't paid attention since that happened. Took the money and ran. It's far too complicated for widespread use imo. The need for end user encryption/digital wallets etc just leaves it in a very niche space.
    Me too. In fact, wasn't there some China bitcoin mining thing going on (or still is) that threatened the value? I vaguely recall the controversy...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Vancityguy View Post
    This seems to be my main concern as well. I'm not afraid of technology by any means, but I struggled to not only understand it at first, but then to actually buy it and figure out the safest way to store it, well that was even worse. That will have to be overcome before it hits mainstream adoption and I'm not sure how that's going to happen. For now I plan on just sitting on it for a good long while and see if anything ever comes of it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Me too. In fact, wasn't there some China bitcoin mining thing going on (or still is) that threatened the value? I vaguely recall the controversy...
    There's always something that threatens the value, but then the bitcoin lovers seem to see the exact opposite as well. Everything is good for bitcoin! The price has actually be relatively stable recently, with a slight move upwards overall.