Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yandle - How Much Does he get Paid?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Yandle - How Much Does he get Paid?

I had a look at the recent signings in the league, and the top paid d-men, and then took into account who needs a guy like Yandle and how much can any team really afford. Yandle is a top 4, PP quarterback, but not a top echelon d-man. So, I thought maybe $7M over five years?

Your thoughts?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Yandle - How Much Does he get Paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I had a look at the recent signings in the league, and the top paid d-men, and then took into account who needs a guy like Yandle and how much can any team really afford. Yandle is a top 4, PP quarterback, but not a top echelon d-man. So, I thought maybe $7M over five years?

Your thoughts?
    7-7.5M seems about right, only question is how long the term is. just going off memory he seems like by far the best UFA D available this summer, so he'll get overpaid for sure. Edmonton and Detroit come to mind as possible destinations.

Dobber Sports Star

he turns 30 this year so my guess is 7m x 6 years. maybe a team overpays and gives him another year or two, depends if you think yandle's skills will age well.

he'll want to play for a good team though. its no fun not making the playoffs.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Genius

You guys are probably about right, but in my opinion, he is so not worth any of these numbers...

Administrator

I think he's getting $8 million per, unless a team gives him a longer deal that back-dives a bit. For four years, he'd be worth $8 million per. Brilliant puck mover.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

He's one of the best UFAs which means he will get paid probably at 12:01 et July 1, 2016, and if all goes according to plan I expect him to get 6.5 to 7 for 7 years. I know everyone expects him to get more but I think with the cap basically flat the bidding might be more reasonable despite being competitive.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

I thought the latest cap projection was to go up another couple of million.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I thought the latest cap projection was to go up another couple of million.
    Im not that knowledgeable about the cap but I know the cap number is going up a few million next year because the NHLPA opted to inflate the number as per the CBA. Otherwise theres little expectation the cap will go up in future years. Maybe it will, but in terms of GM expectations, they are being very very cautious and pessimistic about it. That's why I think Yandle might not get what he could have gotten in past years.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

he'll get paid, hes no cody franson. yandle is an elite puck mover and every team would improve with him on the team. he just might not be able to be too picky with the team he picks is all
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Im not that knowledgeable about the cap but I know the cap number is going up a few million next year because the NHLPA opted to inflate the number as per the CBA. Otherwise theres little expectation the cap will go up in future years. Maybe it will, but in terms of GM expectations, they are being very very cautious and pessimistic about it. That's why I think Yandle might not get what he could have gotten in past years.
    I just think there are too many defense needy teams to not have a huge bidding war here although perhaps the Stamkos supernova will push Yandle to the backburner.

I look at the Oilers and I would use $8M of their cap space in heartbeat if it added a talent like Yandle.

Dobber Sports Genius

I actually think he'll get paid under $7 million, like maybe around $6.5 million for 7 years. I like Yandle a lot but he is kinda terrible at defending

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont be surprised if he doesn't get between $7-8M per year for five years.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

No way will his contract's total be less than $40M. The only question is whether he gets there in the form of 5yrs/$8M per, or the more likely scenario of 6yrs/$7-7.5M per.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

The easy answer is "too much".

Honestly, he's the only top-flight offensive dman on the market this summer. He'll get at least $6.75M per for the max seven years, more AAV if he goes shorter term.

Just a hunch, I think he goes to TB. No state tax. Annual contender with a young-ish roster. Not required to be a #1 with Hedman around. Gives Stevie Y time to let DeAngelo grow into an NHL roster spot organically. Theoretically TB will have some cap space available if/when Stamkos leaves for DET/TOR.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Deity

I think he will get paid something close to what he's worth. People have been down on him since he went to NY but his numbers this year were on par with what he was doing in Arizona. He's also one of the most reliable, health-wise, Dmen in the league. He rarely misses a game (hopefully I didn't just jinx him by saying that).

If he gets between $7-8M per year as a UFA, I think that's a fair deal for someone like Yandle. Is it too much? Compared to others of similar quality who are signing UFA deals, I don't think it is.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."