Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Draft - Chatter

Default 2016 NFL Draft - Chatter

We have approximately 24 hours before the draft so let's get some chatter going. Sure Goff and Wentz are the first two QBs off that board. Does Paxton Lynch go in the top-10?

Who's the first WR off the board? I say Josh Doctson in an upset.

What round does the first TE go off the board?

Does CLE trade down from 8-spot? I say yes.

Does TEN trade back up into the top-10? Why not?

Does Kaepernick get traded between now and the end of the first round? Yes.

..and does anyone else believe Bradford should just stfu and be happy a team was dumb enough to pay him $18 mil this year. Ironic that the two teams to overpay him are now both drafting a QB.
    What ya got peeps?
    @SmittysRant

Default Re: 2016 NFL Draft - Chatter

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

I am looking forward to tonights draft; I have been for some time. In my fantasy keeper league, I own the top pick and am I waiting to see where Zeke Elliott goes. I am reading that he should go in the 8-13 range. I do not want him to go to Cleveland at 8 and I am hoping the rumours are true and Cleveland trades down again to pick up more picks. I don't know who trades up to get him, but right now I think I'd take anywhere other than Cleveland.

Looking at Kevin's mock, he has Jack too high. Many seem to think he falls out of the top 10.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'll probably put the draft on in the background at home.
    NFL is a weird sport in the sense that the actual real-life NFL draft doesn't parlay to "fantasy football" much at all.

Here in the hockey world, it seems like sometimes we have a divide between the real-hockey comments and the fantasy-hockey comments.
    But most of the time, a top 15 drafted forward is going to also be a future solid fantasy player.
    (aside from the defensive D-men that we all know to down-weight in fantasy)

In the NFL, there's so much value in an offensive-tackle (say) that doesn't translate at all to the fantasy world.
    It effs up my brain to understand the impact of "cover corners", "pass protecting linemen", and "weak side linebackers"... ugh.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Looking at Kevin's mock, he has Jack too high. Many seem to think he falls out of the top 10.
    I haven't read or heard any of this chatter. I believe there are some concerns about a knee injury but I don't have a good source on that.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

I just read this off of Rotoworld from Alex Marvez

One NFL executive predicted to Sirius NFL Radio's Alex Marvez that UCLA LB Myles Jack will fall out of the top-ten picks.

Two other sources told Marvez that Jack is moving down and off some draft boards due to increasing concern with the condition of his knee. The situation reminds of Da'Quan Bowers' in the 2011 draft. Bowers was viewed as a candidate to go in the top-five picks, but fell deep into the second round. Jack is a better prospect than Bowers was, but his injury situation is similar.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'll probably put the draft on in the background at home.
    NFL is a weird sport in the sense that the actual real-life NFL draft doesn't parlay to "fantasy football" much at all.

Here in the hockey world, it seems like sometimes we have a divide between the real-hockey comments and the fantasy-hockey comments.
    But most of the time, a top 15 drafted forward is going to also be a future solid fantasy player.
    (aside from the defensive D-men that we all know to down-weight in fantasy)

In the NFL, there's so much value in an offensive-tackle (say) that doesn't translate at all to the fantasy world.
    It effs up my brain to understand the impact of "cover corners", "pass protecting linemen", and "weak side linebackers"... ugh.
    I really don't do fantasy football but in general I don't love mock drafts because there is so much dependence on "team needs" rather than looking at the best players. For instance, two quarterbacks are going 1-2 in this draft even though they may not even be top-10 players in the draft. Looking instead at a pure talent ranking can be more informative, especially when you see who your team actually ends up with because history has proven that drafting for needs rather than talent is a less valuable strategy. Football is really the only sport with enough positional specificity where you would actually consider drafting for need rather than talent so draft order may not be ultimately informative regarding player talent.

One other thing: if you've got a draft where a couple of supposed franchise quarterbacks aren't necessarily top-10 talents you could have one of two scenarios on your hand. In one scenario, the talent pool is so dense that these quarterbacks have been pushed down and there is some serious skill to be found. On the other hand, maybe there just isn't much elite talent in the draft pool at all, at least as far as skill positions go. I think I lean in the latter direction for this draft though I am woefully under-informed on this stuff.

Dobber Sports Titan

The important positions help out the difference making positions. Like Oakland beefed up their O-line so much this offseason that I’m expecting a much better offense from them. However, their main offensive fantasy positions didn’t change (Murray, Carr, Cooper).

So if you look deep into a team like the skins, if they draft a blind side lineman, Cousins fantasy stock could increase.

Strong defense = short field = easier TDs. A La Carolina last yr. LB as a rookie usually don’t help out right away like defensemen in the NHL.

I own the top pick again this yr, and I’m hoping that Elliot avoids the Browns
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am looking forward to tonights draft; I have been for some time. In my fantasy keeper league, I own the top pick and am I waiting to see where Zeke Elliott goes. I am reading that he should go in the 8-13 range. I do not want him to go to Cleveland at 8 and I am hoping the rumours are true and Cleveland trades down again to pick up more picks. I don't know who trades up to get him, but right now I think I'd take anywhere other than Cleveland.

I don't want him going to CLE either. Really hoping to snag Terrell Watson as a dynasty stash. Elliott would all but kill that notion. I think DAL takes Elliott at 4-spot.
    @SmittysRant

I really hate this red carpet shit.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

All I've seen on my twitter timeline for 2 weeks is how big a concern Myles Jack's knee is. #1 player in the draft is questionable to go on the first day. Some team will jump at him though, hope he slides to the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    All I've seen on my twitter timeline for 2 weeks is how big a concern Myles Jack's knee is. #1 player in the draft is questionable to go on the first day. Some team will jump at him though, hope he slides to the Colts.
    I heard his meniscus is fine, it's the "degenerative" condition with regard to his knee cartilage. From what i have heard, much like Jay Ajayi, predicting the path of a degenerative cartilage condition is not an easy thing from a medical standpoint. They could play two days or five years. No MRI will will reveal anything different. So from the team's perspective they have to determine the best draft spot to get value balanced against the risk or likelihood of Jack getting through his rookie contract.
    @SmittysRant

...and with the 1st overall selection in the 2016, the LA Rams select Jared Goff.

woopie
    @SmittysRant

Called the CLE trading down and TEN trading back up into the top-10....just had no idea it would be the same deal. Good for both teams.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

What's this video that caused teams to pass on Tunsil?