Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Breakout forwards for next year?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Breakout forwards for next year?

Ehlers definitely has a shot at 60 if he plays with wheeler and whoever they decide the top center is all season. While probably Scheifele, it could still be Little. My optimism for Ehlers actually went down with Winnipeg jumping to the #2 overall pick. In the very likely event the Jets pick Laine, he may simply surpass Ehlers from the getgo bumping Ehlers from the top line. We'll see how it plays out, but I wouldnt be reaching for Ehlers.

One other factor I forget to mention, I also like to pick players that are fairly defensively responsible. That way, they're on the ice when their team is up 1-2 for empty net point potential. With points at a premium these days, even 3-5 empty net points a season across your entire roster is nothing to scoff at.

These days, with my free time at more of a premium, I dont start projecting possible sleepers until after the majority of free agents have signed. You'll always know who the studs are but for everyone else their opportunity within their team matters. At any time, Player A could get bumped down due to acquisition of Player B. Player C could get bumped up due to trading away Player D. All players on Team E might go down because they hired a defensive coach. Top end players on Team F might be worth more because they hired a coach that stacks his top powerplay unit. The list goes on and on.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ace

Keeping the Ehlers thread going, my biggest worry with him is a possible drop in his Ozone starts. Last year he played some pretty sheltered minutes and saw over 55% of his starts in the ozone. If Laine takes his spot with Wheeler and Scheifele, and he ends up in a more defensive role with Little, he might see a little bump down in shot opportunities. That being said, I think that lineup is stacked, and if he doesn't break out this year, it's only a matter of time. Wheeler/Laine/Ehlers/Connor on the wings for your top 6? Yes please.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Although there are many candidates, no one other than the one who wrote the post mentioned Hertl...someone mentioned health concerns however I'm pretty sure he played in every single game in the past two seasons...I beleive he had a much larger role this season and put up respectable numbers despite a very slow start - look for him to set career highs in offensive production next year as his role as top 6 has been solidified.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeey View Post
    Who are some forwards who are hovering at around 40-50 points or less that could get around 65 next year?

Some that stand out to me:

Drouin
    Lindholm
    Hertl
    Ehlers
    Strome
    Rotissery STATS: points per category
    Stakers:G /A /+/- /PIM /SOG /GWG /PPP /SHP /Hit /Blk
    Goalie:W / SV% / SHO / PIM / G /A /PPP
    Starting Rosters: 12F / 6D / 2G and 3 bench
    15 Team - NHL Salary Cap (Current)
    8 keepers per team.

Forwards

Defence

Goalie
    Rask - Fleury

BENCH:

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Bold prediction: Dylan Strome hits 60 points before Ryan Strome.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Bold prediction: Dylan Strome hits 60 points before Ryan Strome.
    That would be quite entertaining, but certainly not out of the realm of possibility if D. Strome is given some good opportunities this year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    Ehlers definitely has a shot at 60 if he plays with wheeler and whoever they decide the top center is all season. While probably Scheifele, it could still be Little. My optimism for Ehlers actually went down with Winnipeg jumping to the #2 overall pick. In the very likely event the Jets pick Laine, he may simply surpass Ehlers from the getgo bumping Ehlers from the top line. We'll see how it plays out, but I wouldnt be reaching for Ehlers.

One other factor I forget to mention, I also like to pick players that are fairly defensively responsible. That way, they're on the ice when their team is up 1-2 for empty net point potential. With points at a premium these days, even 3-5 empty net points a season across your entire roster is nothing to scoff at.

These days, with my free time at more of a premium, I dont start projecting possible sleepers until after the majority of free agents have signed. You'll always know who the studs are but for everyone else their opportunity within their team matters. At any time, Player A could get bumped down due to acquisition of Player B. Player C could get bumped up due to trading away Player D. All players on Team E might go down because they hired a defensive coach. Top end players on Team F might be worth more because they hired a coach that stacks his top powerplay unit. The list goes on and on.
    Laine is a right-handed player who enjoys playing the left-side.. while Ehlers is a lefty who usually plays the left-side. You're right that Laine could end up bumping him down, but realistically, there is going to be a ton of action in that top six and I think we see one of Laine/Ehlers/Connor jump on over to the right side. My guess is that it'll be Laine who moves over as its far easier to adjust to defensive zone responsibilities and break-outs on your natural side. Especially coming over from the (slightly) bigger Finnish rinks.

Besides, once you're out there moving through the neutral zone and heading towards paydirt, its all forward 1, forward 2, forward 3 - first in, support player and third man staying high. Laine will go where he needs to in order to snap that gorgeous shot off.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
    Connor - Little - Laine

Is how I see it starting out.. We may see Little back with Wheels and hell, Connor may end up as a centreman again in his early twenties and push Little down to the three-hole.

Any way you shake it, there will be a lot of offense coming from that group in the near future and I think Ehlers is going to be a very big part of it.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
    Connor - Little - Laine

Is how I see it starting out.. We may see Little back with Wheels and hell, Connor may end up as a centreman again in his early twenties and push Little down to the three-hole.

Any way you shake it, there will be a lot of offense coming from that group in the near future and I think Ehlers is going to be a very big part of it.
    Yeah, this top 6 group is very exciting for Winnipeg fans and for fantasy owners. I am holding on to Ehlers very tightly in hopes that he will be very valuable in the not too distant future. Put him with any combination of Scheifele, Wheeler, Connor, Little and Laine and I think he will put up big numbers. I would be surprised if he doesn't break 55 points in 2016-17 and 65 points in 2017-18.

Dobber Sports Star

Daniel Sprong has a great shot at making the Pens next year. If so he would likely be playing with Malkin and could have a great rookie season. Pitts 3 line flow helps him since lines 1 and 3 are pretty set, Geno's linemates will be 2 of Sprong, Bennett, Kunitz.
    I like his chances. Calling dark horse Calder contender
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another vote for Fabbri.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hertl
    Pastrnak
    Reinhart
    Silfverberg
    Kreider
    Hagelin
    Drouin
    Burakovsky
    Trocheck
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Monster

Anthony Duclair anyone?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Anthony Duclair anyone?
    Not in my mind. He took 100 shots and scored on 20 of them. I think he can replicate his numbers through developmental gains but we won't see much more this season.

Long term he's more of a complimentary second line winger IMO

The Great One

Agree with CJD I see him more of a regression candidate than a breakout
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So... is this thread for next year 2016, this year 2016, next year 2017? ��

Anyway... for 2017
    Namestnikov
    D. Pouliot
    PL Dubois
    Sergachev
    Zacha
    Connor
    Hanifin
    Provorov

The Great One

I think some of them may be relevant before the end of this season (Zacha, Provorov) but not a bad starting list
    Experience is the teacher of all things.