Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trying to Trade for MacKinnon, T Johnson and Ristolainen

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Trying to Trade for MacKinnon, T Johnson and Ristolainen

Quote Originally Posted by junyab View Post
    Honestly, why did you come in here? You've been given a unanimous decision to pull the trigger but it seems you want to convince others to change their mind instead of allowing yourself to be swayed.
    Couldn't agree more.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I'm not looking for others to change their minds. I am laying out my argument against accepting in hopes that someone will address it with a well reasoned argument in favor that pushes me over the edge. I want to be convinced, but consensus opinion without much explanation of reasoning hasn't been quite enough to do it for me. I would love to give some rep out to whoever can tell me why they think this move will be beneficial in my league's setup.
    Totally agree with you here. You should expect posters to provide with more than just a yes or no; otherwise what's the point of coming here lol.

I think the trade works out well for you.

1) You shed keeper costs, which is always a good thing.
    2) PIMs are pretty variable and I don't find them to ever be consistent enough to swing significant value on any specific player. In this deal, Shattenkirk got a lot of PIMs this year but I would say that's more of an anomaly. He plays a "softer" game and I would bet he gets less PIMs next year.
    3) You lose hits from Neal, but you'll gain hits from Risto.
    4) Tyler Johnson is the big swing in this deal, because he had such a down year. I expect him to return more of everything across the board next year. He's basically the whole reason why you will probably win this deal next year.
    5) The players you are getting back have more upside and the same floor than the players you are giving up.
    6) Risto's +/- will continue to hurt you for a while.

It will be close next year (although I think you will still win the deal), but beyond that I think it's pretty clear that the players you would be getting will make this deal look lopsided.

And now as I'm looking at your signature I realize you already made the deal. FML lol
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nikerato View Post
    Totally agree with you here. You should expect posters to provide with more than just a yes or no; otherwise what's the point of coming here lol.

I think the trade works out well for you.

1) You shed keeper costs, which is always a good thing.
    2) PIMs are pretty variable and I don't find them to ever be consistent enough to swing significant value on any specific player. In this deal, Shattenkirk got a lot of PIMs this year but I would say that's more of an anomaly. He plays a "softer" game and I would bet he gets less PIMs next year.
    3) You lose hits from Neal, but you'll gain hits from Risto.
    4) Tyler Johnson is the big swing in this deal, because he had such a down year. I expect him to return more of everything across the board next year. He's basically the whole reason why you will probably win this deal next year.
    5) The players you are getting back have more upside and the same floor than the players you are giving up.
    6) Risto's +/- will continue to hurt you for a while.

It will be close next year (although I think you will still win the deal), but beyond that I think it's pretty clear that the players you would be getting will make this deal look lopsided.

And now as I'm looking at your signature I realize you already made the deal. FML lol
    Thanks man. Even though I already pulled the trigger I was glad to read your thoughts. Gives me additional affirmation that I made the right choice. Firing my rep cannon your way.

Dobber Sports Pro

Originally Posted by junyab

Honestly, why did you come in here? You've been given a unanimous decision to pull the trigger but it seems you want to convince others to change their mind instead of allowing yourself to be swayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Really? After I let myself be swayed by Eskimo Brother's sound reasoning and pulled the trigger on the deal, you still couldn't agree more that I was just here to change the minds of others?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nicely done. It think you win this trade by a large margin. To play devils advocate... Im curious to see a full season out of Neal with ryjo
    Head to head. Keeper league. PTS ONLY. 12 team

8F: Stamkos, Giroux, Kopitar, P. Kane, Eberle, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Sharp
    Bench: Gaborik, Spezza, Boedker, Little, Maroon

4D: Letang, Shattenkirk, Hedman, Doughty

Bench: Sekera, Schultz

2G: Rask, F. Andersen

Bench: Miller, Raanta

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey6723 View Post
    Nicely done. It think you win this trade by a large margin. To play devils advocate... Im curious to see a full season out of Neal with ryjo
    I really do think Neal will have a couple of great seasons with RyJo. However, there is uncertainty there because neal's production is dependent on RyJo's and they both are only under contract for a short time. Also, Forsberg could theoretically take Neal's place on RyJo's line at some point. So who knows whether they stay together for the long term. I think MacKinnon is not as dependent on linemates and so there is not the same kind of risk/dependency involved in owning MacK. That is what pushed me over the edge.