Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Browns shopping the #2 overall pick.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Browns shopping the #2 overall pick.

Don’t the eagles have like 60mill tied up between Bradford and Daniels? And the Eagles have stated already Bradford is the starting QB, so Rookie QB just sits and studies, but he’s not even QB2. He’d be QB3. Ridiculous situation there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Don’t the eagles have like 60mill tied up between Bradford and Daniels? And the Eagles have stated already Bradford is the starting QB, so Rookie QB just sits and studies, but he’s not even QB2. He’d be QB3. Ridiculous situation there.
    They are looking long term I suppose. Bradford has now come out and said he wants a trade but the Eagles have stated they have no intentions of trading him. Not to mention, who the hell is going to trade for him and that stupid new contract he just signed anyway. Bradford is the short term answer there and the #2 pick is going to be the long term one I presume.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Going with an Aaron Rodgers type mentality to bringing a QB along...that's not the worst idea in the world.

Buts a terrible idea to give a guy with knee problems that kind of money, then turn around and ship out a ton of draft capital to go and pick another QB @ #2.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Going with an Aaron Rodgers type mentality to bringing a QB along...that's not the worst idea in the world.

Buts a terrible idea to give a guy with knee problems that kind of money, they turn around and ship out a ton of draft capital to go and pick another QB @ #2.
    It’s one thing to learn under Farve, it’s another thing to learn under Bradford.

It would kinda make sense if it was Romo, Palmer, or big ben. But Bradford? He’s already got bad tendencies, and even tho it’s his 6th yr, he’s only average like 12games a yr. And something like 4yrs of 16game seasons.

And I know Daniels is around 20mill for a backup, so he’s not going to be traded.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

It’s one thing to learn under Farve, it’s another thing to learn under Bradford.

It would kinda make sense if it was Romo, Palmer, or big ben. But Bradford? He’s already got bad tendencies, and even tho it’s his 6th yr, he’s only average like 12games a yr. And something like 4yrs of 16game seasons.

And I know Daniels is around 20mill for a backup, so he’s not going to be traded.
    Oh I agree...I wasn't hinting that studying Bradford was ideal...it's studying situational football in the NFL, game film, defenses, pick up on reads, blitzes, dropbacks, pressure etc....things that you can learn on the field but don't need to be banged up from and destroy your confidence over in your first couple of years.

The problem with Wentz is the level of competition he played against. It's going to be a big adjustment to the NFL where guys are multiple steps faster, much bigger and stronger than what he is used to playing against. To me its different than a QB who played Div 1 in a big conference. Wentz's studying isn't so much of Bradford but of the game and working through the adjustments while preserving the body.

Administrator

Does anyone have a historical review of big trades for top draft picks and how it worked out for both teams?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/artic...e-1057a5393a50

This article sums up when the #1 overall pick has been traded. Haven't found a summary of #2/#3 overalls being traded but we for the better part know how the Rams/Redskins trade a few year ago worked out. Consensus from those 5 here, the team trading down usually wins in the end.

They have $34 mil tied up between the two in guaranteed money. As for Goff v Wentz...

Wentz played under center far more than Goff ever did. Wentz is just more pro ready. The Rams selecting Goff as their guy is questionable considering they want the offense to go thru Gurley which means the former will have to be playing under center. Goff also feels pressure when it's not there and as a result his accuracy gets scattershot.

I have nothing against small school QBs (or players in general) BUT you have to absolutely DOMINATE at that level to convince me you'll make it as a starter at the NFL level. Wentz played well, but he didn't truly dominate.

When you have a weak draft class at any one position the best candidate(s) usually wind up becoming over-hyped/over valued as the draft draws close because scouts, GMs. fantasy GMs become myopic in gauging the best prospect relative to his class and not in and of himself.

It's like being the best looking guy at Ugly Camp. You're still ugly.

Not that that was me....juss sayin'
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Wentz is just more pro ready
    Interesting you say that. All the articles I've seen state that Wentz has the tools to succeed and be the best QB of the class, but Goff is the one that is most pro ready and will have a more seamless transition (as far as rookie QBs go) to the pro game. Just what I've heard.

Dobber Sports Deity

Some really good opinions here on who the Rams should take at #1 between Wentz or Goff.

I like Bucky Brooks' take on the situation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...o-1-draft-pick
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Interesting you say that. All the articles I've seen state that Wentz has the tools to succeed and be the best QB of the class, but Goff is the one that is most pro ready and will have a more seamless transition (as far as rookie QBs go) to the pro game. Just what I've heard.
    I suppose it depends on your working definition of pro-ready. But Wentz was calling blocking schemes at the line and playing under center. In my opinion that (among other traits) makes him more pro-ready than Goff. Again, that's just me.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Here's my question...with the regime change in Philly, are they expected to maintain their up-tempo style of football? Reason I ask is this because a lot of analysts and pundits are going back and forth between Wentz and Goff to the Rams. Certainly someone in Philly has insider knowledge as to who the Rams are taking. Seems like Goff played in a very up-tempo style offense (bear raid offense) at Cal set mainly out of the shotgun and designed on quick reads and situational play calling at the line.

I don't know who Philly's offense is changing but surely they had their eye on one of the two and if they want to be more up-tempo, they would likely prefer Goff....is this a tipping point to how #1 & #2 are actually going to fall? I agree with what your saying Bomm, and as a Rams fan I want a QB that this his going line up under center and feed Mr. Hungryman Gurley.

Welp...Goff has the higher theoretical upside of the two. Wentz has very good accuracy w/in 10-20 yard range. His deep ball accuracy suffices if he is throwing to player with jump ball capabilities to offset any lack of touch by Wentz. Neither the Rams nor the Eagles have that guy on their current roster. The longer Wentz stays in the pocket and is forced to go through his progressions the more he gets into trouble. His first read, great. Beyond that...

Goff has the arm and deep ball accuracy but he tends to see ghosts where there are none so he's prone to panic. We all know Rams head coach plays a very conservative game - ground and pound + defense. So that would fit Wentz all day every day.

It's assumed Eagles head coach Doug Pederson - being a protege of Andy Reid - will employ the same conservative offense that his mentor is noted for. Is that true? Or is Pederson his own man and have his own ideas? That's the wild card.
    @SmittysRant