Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: McKeen's April Rankings: Laine 1st

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default McKeen's April Rankings: Laine 1st

McKeen released their latest rankings and has Laine in 1st and McLeod 3rd. Interesting read and food for thought heading into your prospect drafts!

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/prospec...ings-apr-2016/
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: McKeen's April Rankings: Laine 1st

Interesting ranking, but I have a hard time believing the top five will go like they have them ranked.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would be shocked if the order for the top three was not Matthews, Laine and Puljujarvi. After that I could easily see any one of Tkachuk, Dubois, Chychrun, Nylander, Juolevi, McLeod or Sergachev being the next pick depending on preference/team need as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of separation between them. Will definitely be an interesting draft.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Expert

All made to create some controversy...this is Matthews' draft

Dobber Sports Titan

McLeod is such a surprise there at 3. I understand the argument for Laine over Matthews (won’t be drafted that way tho), but McLeod at 3?!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

I would even be surprised if McLeod went as high as 4, let alone 3
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    I would be shocked if the order for the top three was not Matthews, Laine and Puljujarvi. After that I could easily see any one of Tkachuk, Dubois, Chychrun, Nylander, Juolevi, McLeod or Sergachev being the next pick depending on preference/team need as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of separation between them. Will definitely be an interesting draft.
    I would add Keller to this group. And I would be VERY surprise to see McLeod in the top 5.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Titan

Riley Tufte might be the steal of the draft tho. He’s built to be the next Rick Nash, but more skilled and less power forward. He’s committed to going to school for the 2016/17 season tho. But, with a guy that size, he won’t “grow into his body” until 22/23yrs old anyways, so a delay to the NHL isn’t an issue….if he decides to sign with his drafted team.
    Sam Steel could be a STEEL (LOL I’M HILARIOUS) in the low 20s too.

Dobber Sports Stud

From what I've seen so far from Laine, he reminds me the most of Stamkos.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Riley Tufte might be the steal of the draft tho. He’s built to be the next Rick Nash, but more skilled and less power forward. He’s committed to going to school for the 2016/17 season tho. But, with a guy that size, he won’t “grow into his body” until 22/23yrs old anyways, so a delay to the NHL isn’t an issue….if he decides to sign with his drafted team.
    Sam Steel could be a STEEL (LOL I’M HILARIOUS) in the low 20s too.

Steal of the draft will be Nathan Bastian out of Mississauga. Steelheads also are going to have one scary ass hockey team next year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Steal of the draft will be Nathan Bastian out of Mississauga. Steelheads also are going to have one scary ass hockey team next year.
    If he’s not rushed. He’s a very raw prospect.

Dobber Sports Stud

mckeen's has been very high on laine for a while now. in their previous rankings, they had Matthews at number 1, but said it was super-close with laine. they've been comparing laine to Mario Lemieux for a while now. no surprise he's their number 1 after reading their rankings since the world juniors.
    that being said, Matthews is going number 1, and the next two will be the two finns. I can't imagine laine doesn't go second, though. might be the best goal scorer since ovechkin.

and I agree with some of the posts regarding potential steals - tufte and bastian (but not sam steel, imo).
    McLeod won't go top 5, but will probably go top 10. top 6 are Matthews and the finns, dubois, tkachuk and chuchryn, while nylander, juolevi, sergachyov and McLeod going soon thereafter.
    one of the posts put clayton keller in the top 5. he probably isn't going till the teens because of his size, but that'll probably make him another one of those steals of the draft. he'll be awesome.
    german rubstov is also going to surprisingly high. don't sleep on him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    mckeen's has been very high on laine for a while now. in their previous rankings, they had Matthews at number 1, but said it was super-close with laine. they've been comparing laine to Mario Lemieux for a while now. no surprise he's their number 1 after reading their rankings since the world juniors.
    that being said, Matthews is going number 1, and the next two will be the two finns. I can't imagine laine doesn't go second, though. might be the best goal scorer since ovechkin.

and I agree with some of the posts regarding potential steals - tufte and bastian (but not sam steel, imo).
    McLeod won't go top 5, but will probably go top 10. top 6 are Matthews and the finns, dubois, tkachuk and chuchryn, while nylander, juolevi, sergachyov and McLeod going soon thereafter.
    one of the posts put clayton keller in the top 5. he probably isn't going till the teens because of his size, but that'll probably make him another one of those steals of the draft. he'll be awesome.
    german rubstov is also going to surprisingly high. don't sleep on him.
    I don't think Keller will go top 5. Like you said, size issue. But I think he has a fair chance to go top 10 and I would pick him over McLeod.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I don't think Keller will go top 5. Like you said, size issue. But I think he has a fair chance to go top 10 and I would pick him over McLeod.
    The lack of pure centers in as 1st round talent in this draft class will have McLeod go top 10 for sure. He has done nothing this year to slip in the draft. Plays an exceptionally strong 2-way game in addition to the offensive numbers he put up. He also excels in the faceoff dot. Very strong playoff series against Barrie, he's solidified a top 10 pick. He'll likely go in the 7-8 range.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    The lack of pure centers in as 1st round talent in this draft class will have McLeod go top 10 for sure. He has done nothing this year to slip in the draft. Plays an exceptionally strong 2-way game in addition to the offensive numbers he put up. He also excels in the faceoff dot. Very strong playoff series against Barrie, he's solidified a top 10 pick. He'll likely go in the 7-8 range.
    I could see him just outside of the top 10 due to his lack of offense. But it's so close between Dubois, Chychrun, Tkachuk, Nylander, Juolevi, Sergachyov, McLeod and Keller.
    7 teams
    28 keepers