Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kyle Connor vs Marner

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Kyle Connor vs Marner

I will make the safe prediction and say both start the 2016/17 season in the NHL. Unless Marner is playing phenomenal I think he will be returned to junior so that a contract year is not burned. Sure, he has done extremely well in junior but playing another year in junior will NOT hurt the development of any player.
    Connor will probably stay in Winnipeg unless he is showing he is not ready, in which case I do not see WPG hesitating to send him to play for the Moose with a good chance for a recall.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think everyone is overhyping Connor. Both are a few years away from producing in the NHL.
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mojavedesert View Post
    I will make the safe prediction and say both start the 2016/17 season in the NHL. Unless Marner is playing phenomenal I think he will be returned to junior so that a contract year is not burned. Sure, he has done extremely well in junior but playing another year in junior will NOT hurt the development of any player.
    Connor will probably stay in Winnipeg unless he is showing he is not ready, in which case I do not see WPG hesitating to send him to play for the Moose with a good chance for a recall.
    Yeah, why burn a year of Marner on a losing squad? While he had great junior stats, in the games I saw he didn't exactly look all THAT done with junior. Not a man among boys.. He filled the stat sheet and had great dangles, but one more year won't kill him. Better than playing 6 mins per game as a teenager in the NHL..

Connor, heck I'm very curious to see his camp. If he's leaving college, it's not to play in the minors so I'm expecting he gets a significant opportunity for a rookie and has a chance to get some numbers up. 20G-20A is blue sky to me, but anything over 30 pts or so should be considered a decent season. Just for kicks, I'll throw 37 pts out there as a target if he plays a full season.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Titan

Waiting until the rosters shake out roughly for each team would be the best to judge if they’ll be in the NHL.

Nylander, Hyman, Sosh
    JvR, Kadri, Michalek
    Laich, Bozak, Leo
    Greening, Holland (RFA tho), PAP (I’m saying he resigns)

There’s no specific order there, but you have a crap ton of bad players still on contract, and I’m not even including Lupul or Froese who Babcock loved. So Leafs sign Stamkos, there’s another body. Marner will likely be a 3rd liner to start in the NHL, but the only way to make it worth the Leafs while is to FEED him PP1 time. And that’s not really Babcock’s thing.

I want him in the NHL, but I can’t see a spot for him until Greening, Michalek, and Laich are gone (2016/17 season is their last)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll