Thread: Last Day Scheduling VS Games Played

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Last Day Scheduling VS Games Played

I am in a 11-team one year Yahoo multi-cat league, with a maximum of 328 games played per forward position.

I have a question regarding the games played on the last day of the season. I have heard that if you have leave 1 game per position unplayed until the last day, you are able to play all your players and all the stats will count. Is there any truth to that? If so, how do you maximize your advantage in this case? Do you pick up as many players from the 4 teams that played on April 10th the day before?

If someone with experience can shed a light on the matter, it would be awesome. Thanks a lot in advance.
    One-Year League: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Krejci, Jenner, Brassard, Couture, T.Johnson
    LW: Panarin, Anisimov, Marchand, Soderberg, Burakovsky
    RW: Ovechkin, Perry, Mackinnon, Kesler
    D: Markov, Seabrook, Green, Goligoski, Yandle, Alzner, Spurgeon, Hedman
    G: Rask, Varlamov, Mrazek, Griess

The Wolverine

Default Re: Last Day Scheduling VS Games Played

Quote Originally Posted by Exforce View Post
    I am in a 11-team one year Yahoo multi-cat league, with a maximum of 328 games played per forward position.

I have a question regarding the games played on the last day of the season. I have heard that if you have leave 1 game per position unplayed until the last day, you are able to play all your players and all the stats will count. Is there any truth to that? If so, how do you maximize your advantage in this case? Do you pick up as many players from the 4 teams that played on April 10th the day before?

If someone with experience can shed a light on the matter, it would be awesome. Thanks a lot in advance.
    That's correct. But it's not just the last day, it's on any day where you have 1 game left in each position and you start more players that night. Obviously it can be beneficial if you wait until the end of the season if you are managing your pace, and targeting a day with a full schedule. Given what you said, I assume you have 4 starting slots per position (82 x 4 = 328). You can decide to target the 9th (full slate) or the 10th (limited number of postponed games) - that's up to you. But I'm guessing you'll may get less games played if you wait until the 10th since it's not a full schedule, that is unless you are catching up in games played and won't expect to max out on the 9th. But as the 9th has a full slate of games, you can get 3 extra games per position if you manage it right. That being said, it could also be beneficial waiting for the 10th if your main competition maxes out on the 9th and you can pass him with strategic starts while he can't do anything further. That would require you to manage your starts for the rest of the week, potentially benching players here and there that aren't as necessary.

How you decide on players to pick up depends on your strategy, and how active is your league. You might want to get guys earlier on but of course it depends on your roster structure, what players you are dropping etc.

Hope this helps.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^I've too set this up in a couple of my leagues.

Extra tip: Remember that several NHL players will rest on the final Saturday... so I'd have at least +1 or +2 flexible position players for each position AND (if possible) be online just before games start on Saturday to find out if your player is IN the line-up or is resting.

In DobberPRO, I've got 5-6 guys that play on the final Sunday for my RW slot.
    Specifically PHI is best bet... as they may still be playing for something on that Sunday (a playoff spot)... and if they are... all their KEY guys should be playing in the game.

I plan to use up all my position-games on Saturday except to leave my RW at 5 games left going into Saturday, play 4RW, and still have 1RW left going into Sunday.
    Then I'll pick & choose my 4 RW for Sunday games based on what stat I have.

Particularly, I think a day with few NHL games (the Sunday) can be beneficial.

Down in +/-... go heavy one ONE team's worth of players and hope they win big to help your +/-.
    Down in PIM or HIT... go full grit line-up.
    Down in PPP... go with a bunch of players on same PP unit.

In my DobberPRO, I've got 4 PHI RWs (Giroux, Voracek, Read, R.White) (+NYI's R.Strome, Bailey +ANA's Stewart) and plan to overload that position with whatever stats I might be able to catch somebody.
    (I have to fend off a charging horrorfan for 4th... and I feel like I'm not gonna do it! LOL.)

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I have just loaded up my Sunday roster!
    One-Year League: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Krejci, Jenner, Brassard, Couture, T.Johnson
    LW: Panarin, Anisimov, Marchand, Soderberg, Burakovsky
    RW: Ovechkin, Perry, Mackinnon, Kesler
    D: Markov, Seabrook, Green, Goligoski, Yandle, Alzner, Spurgeon, Hedman
    G: Rask, Varlamov, Mrazek, Griess