Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stone injured

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Stone injured

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The puck was past both of them when he was hit. Like I said I don't really care, I just thought 2 minutes would be necessary. It's not really necessary hit to go out of your way like that as a dman.
    You’re allowed to hit someone like 1second after they release the puck before it’s interference isn’t it?

I think Stone didn’t think Buff could close the distance on him that fast. You see him check up the ice while the puck is away from him, I’d expect Buff is gladding backwards at that point, and Stone just doesn’t check up the ice again. Plus the puck was rolling until it hit the boards, so it was moving away from stone quicker than he initially thought.

A hit is to separate player from puck, or take the player out of the play. I think the hit accomplished what Buff wanted tho. And I think that was just a buff hit. He could have done a lot worse if you ask me.

I think the after the hit stuff is more unnecessary than the hit itself. But I get why teams do that now tho.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

This is one of the hardest hits I've seen since Subban vs Marchand! Amazing that he got up from it so quickly!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

The one thing I like about the play after the hit was Karlsson went right over and sheltered Stone almost when there was the fight right beside them. That’s smart

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    You’re allowed to hit someone like 1second after they release the puck before it’s interference isn’t it?

I think Stone didn’t think Buff could close the distance on him that fast. You see him check up the ice while the puck is away from him, I’d expect Buff is gladding backwards at that point, and Stone just doesn’t check up the ice again. Plus the puck was rolling until it hit the boards, so it was moving away from stone quicker than he initially thought.

A hit is to separate player from puck, or take the player out of the play. I think the hit accomplished what Buff wanted tho. And I think that was just a buff hit. He could have done a lot worse if you ask me.

I think the after the hit stuff is more unnecessary than the hit itself. But I get why teams do that now tho.
    I am saying that is going to change. To me this should be a clear interference minor going forward. Which isn't a big penalty l if you injure the other team's star. This kind of hit will be reviewed down the line as one to take out because it will lead to concussions. I am not saying that is right or wrong.

Dobber Sports Titan

It’ll be such a hard thing to change based off of how quick the game is. A player could see a hit coming and last second pass it off and get smoked. Interference penalty.

There’s got to be some time after the player has released the puck to when a player can still hit them. 1 second is super quick too.

I just can’t see it happening.

The Great One

Regardless you were still wrong about Stone and you have yet to eat your words.
    I'm sorry - somehow when you predicted he'd score 70 points, then he fails to do so, I's supposed to eat my words more so than you? That's delusional.

But in the interest of being a reasonable person, and you hopefully following suit (yeah right....) I'll say that with respect to the one or two posts where I might have said or implied he may not even reach 60 points this season, I was incorrect.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's not even remotely interference.

Stone had his head down, reached for the puck and then looked up at the last second to see death come plowing straight into him. Basic hockey 101. Hopefully he's okay. Would hate to see a talented 61 point player get injured.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Just a thunderous body check by Byfuglien. Old school, shade of Scott Stevens, although Stone wasn't cutting across the middle at the blue line with his head down.

Stone is going to be one big bruise tomorrow. The Sens should have gone with "general body soreness". I hope he doesn't have a concussion.
    It wasn't anything like Stevens because he didn't come in elbows flying high, the only way Stevens knew how to hit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I'm sorry - somehow when you predicted he'd score 70 points, then he fails to do so, I's supposed to eat my words more so than you? That's delusional.

But in the interest of being a reasonable person, and you hopefully following suit (yeah right....) I'll say that with respect to the one or two posts where I might have said or implied he may not even reach 60 points this season, I was incorrect.
    I admitted defeat about 70 points. You still haven't (until now). You and i weren't arguing over 70 points. I started arguing with you over calling him Brad Boyes and how he wouldn't repeat last season. You were and are still incorrect.

The Great One

I admitted defeat about 70 points. You still haven't (until now). You and i weren't arguing over 70 points. I started arguing with you over calling him Brad Boyes and how he wouldn't repeat last season. You were and are still incorrect.
    For the record, Boyes scored 69 points in 82 games as a rookie, then 65 points in 82 games in his third season. You can hate the Boyes comparison all you want, but you also can't say I'm incorrect about it - not yet at least.

Why are you so sensitive when I make this comparison? You're like a helicopter parent reacting to a teacher saying that maybe - just maybe - his kid might not be as big a genius as you, in your biased opinion, think he is.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It wasn't anything like Stevens because he didn't come in elbows flying high, the only way Stevens knew how to hit.
    No way! Stevens didn't throw bows, he threw picturesque bulldozers. Stevens was an absolute beauty. Saying he was dirty hitter is just wrong, the guy epitomized what a threatening hockey defender is. You can hate on the snarl, but he knew what he was doing-- and at the time he was doing it, it was a huge part of the game and was commended and admired.

Would his patented hits be penalties today? Maybe (probably), but the rules have changed. It's not fair to go back in time and question them using today's evaluation.

As for the thread, this too was a clean hit in my opinion, and a great one. Total smash.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    No way! Stevens didn't throw bows, he threw picturesque bulldozers. Stevens was an absolute beauty. Saying he was dirty hitter is just wrong, the guy epitomized what a threatening hockey defender is. You can hate on the snarl, but he knew what he was doing-- and at the time he was doing it, it was a huge part of the game and was commended and admired.

Would his patented hits be penalties today? Maybe (probably), but the rules have changed. It's not fair to go back in time and question them using today's evaluation.

As for the thread, this too was a clean hit in my opinion, and a great one. Total smash.
    lol

Definitely not an elbow directly to the head. Definitely not.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    lol

Definitely not an elbow directly to the head. Definitely not.
    That's funny, I almost cited the Kariya hit in my post. That's a bad hit for sure, but that's not the kind of hit that he threw with regularity. He was one of the best hitters in the history of the game. When you hit as much as he did, some of them will get away from you. That's unavoidable. But as a general statement, Scott Stevens was not a dirty player at all. Just a very physical one.

Dobber Sports Deity

Stevens didnt come in with elbows flying, he came in leading with his shoulder and the follow through makes it look like he leads with elbows. It's just the follow through from his hits. Unfortunately, his elbow is connected to his shoulder.

One thing I noticed in all the clips I've watched the Scott Stevens hits from the past, you dont see him getting jumped after delivering a big hit, unlike today where teammates feel the need to defend their fallen teammates after they got got leveled. Such a different game back in the day.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Stevens didnt come in with elbows flying, he came in leading with his shoulder and the follow through makes it look like he leads with elbows. It's just the follow through from his hits. Unfortunately, his elbow is connected to his shoulder.

One thing I noticed in all the clips I've watched the Scott Stevens hits from the past, you dont see him getting jumped after delivering a big hit, unlike today where teammates feel the need to defend their fallen teammates after they got got leveled. Such a different game back in the day.
    Too true. The game was so different then. Then again, so were the players, the fans, and the way we absorbed the game. *ugh, millennials....*