Thread: Martavis Bryant Suspension

Default Martavis Bryant Suspension

So Bryant couldn't make it to May w/out another violation. Of course, it's not an appeal w/out a trip to rehab

Pro Football talk had this to say:

t was widely reported last August that the NFL suspended Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant because he failed multiple marijuana tests. His latest predicament suggests a violation for something other than a positive marijuana test.

The three possibilities are: (1) a positive test for something other than marijuana; (2) failure to cooperate with testing, treatment, evaluation or other requirements under the policy or failure to cooperate with the terms of his treatment plan; or (3) at least two separate positive marijuana tests.
    Unreal....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Martavis Bryant Suspension

When will this guy ever learn?? He is such a talent on the field, but also such a disaster off it..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Apparently he suffers from depression and that's what he is going to be treated for. I hope this guy gets things right because he's a great talent.

In a dynasty league....say 12-14 team, considering this 2016 draft class, would you buy/sell Bryant for a mid-low second rounder?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    In a dynasty league....say 12-14 team, considering this 2016 draft class, would you buy/sell Bryant for a mid-low second rounder?
    Yes. I think there's relatively good chance Martavis never plays another down of football, and an even better chance he never plays another snap for Pittsburgh. How good is Martavis on a different team?

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yes. I think there's relatively good chance Martavis never plays another down of football, and an even better chance he never plays another snap for Pittsburgh. How good is Martavis on a different team?
    Would you sell him for a second? Or just buy? I'm just curious cuz I made a move similar and the owner turned me down. Now I own Josh Gordon' stashed him for the past year+, and my thinking is this other owner is looking at Gordon (assuming he does indeed return to his full potential) and sees him as the rule not the exception. I guess my point is what are the odds an enigmatic, highly talented yet underachieving kid can make it a year+ away from the game?

Sorry....just thinking out loud here. I have no real point other than trying to get a feel for the community's perspective. I would absolutely buy him for a mid second this year. Boy it would be tough to sell him despite the odds of a successful return.

EDIT: I just re-read your post RT...I get it.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would sell him for a second, I absolutely would not buy him for a second. Sorry for the confusion. Josh Gordon was worth holding because he was the #1 WR in the football in 14 games and almost broke Calvin's record with Josh McCown. Outside of that, I wouldn't even have bothered holding him.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I would sell him for a second, I absolutely would not buy him for a second. Sorry for the confusion. Josh Gordon was worth holding because he was the #1 WR in the football in 14 games and almost broke Calvin's record with Josh McCown. Outside of that, I wouldn't even have bothered holding him.
    Agreed.Glad I kept my second rounder.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post

I would absolutely be buying for a 2nd rounder. Small price to pay for what could be a big payoff in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I would absolutely be buying for a 2nd rounder. Small price to pay for what could be a big payoff in 2017.
    I keep flipping on this, but I think ultimately I would hold for now, see how the NFL draft plays out, then on fantasy draft day see what falls to 2.3 - 2.7 range then buy/sell at that point if my target players are no longer on the board.
    @SmittysRant