Thread: Another Schneider Replacement Thread...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Another Schneider Replacement Thread...

For league in signature (just not those players as I haven't updated my lineup in awhile).

With Schneider out for at least 2 weeks and me in the midst of our league playoffs, who should I nab off waivers? I narrowed it down to two based on my thinking that they will see the most action...essentially need the best option that will be playing the most (even if not at an elite level) as we score for Saves, Wins, and Shut Outs, while also deducting for Goals Against. Even if they just get me a few points it is better than nothing...are either of these two worth adding?

My targets:

Jonathan Bernier
    Jimmy Howard

But others that are available include:

K. Kinkaid...ugh
    C. Johnson
    E. Lack
    A. Nilsson

as I am typing this list, I really don't see much else...most of the team backups are available so figure on those guys too.

Or do I just sit on Schneider and hope that Holtby and Anderson (when he returns) can carry me. I currently have Hammond as a stop gap for Anderson. Just out of IR spots with Faulk and Anderson out. I may be able to IR Schneider when Anderson returns but need points badly right now. Any suggestions are appreciated...
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Another Schneider Replacement Thread...

Tough break. Can't help you with other suggestions without seeing your roster. Have an opinion on a Schneider replacement though. Anderson should be back by the end of the week so keep Hammond for now, drop Hammond when Anderson gets back. Re-evaluate then. No need making a hasty decision before you need to. Maybe another goalie gets hurt. If nothing else is available grab Kinkaid for a week until Schneider gets back.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It's slim pickings on the waiver front. I picked up Kinkaid before the Pen's game and didn't go well. I will see how he is next game on Thursday. Looking at your options Howard could help seeing he is the starter against Columbus tomorrow night.

Dobber Sports Ace

Updated my roster....definitely helps to know who else I have. Players cannot be added/dropped unless injury-related (or when players come off IR). Campbell was late pick-up just before our playoffs and now I am stuck with him. He'd be first to go for sure. My next move can happen if/when Anderson returns. I re-activate Anderson, drop Hammond, move Schneider to IR which opens up roster slot. Really need Faulk to come back.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Expert

Looks like you can either grab another goalie or grab a forward. With your cats, there isn't too much penalty for goalies and your forwards look good. No need to add another D as you only start 4 and you have 4 without counting campbell. I think your best bet is to grab another G when Schneider goes on IR. Keep an eye open for injury.

Another option is to take a look at your starters and try to slot in a off-night forward. RNH is coming back soon and Edmonton play off nights. Anyone in top-6 on Chicago would work as well as Chicago plays off nights. Ladd might be available in a 10 team. Heck just grab RJFisher's same night tool and take a look for yourself.

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...51#post1581351