Thread: Price v Holtby

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Price v Holtby

Who do you like moving forward? And by how much? I can only keep one next year, and I've got tough decisions to make before our trade deadline. I'm sitting right outside of the playoffs and my season can go one way or the other. If Price is out for the season and I'm trending towards the playoffs I feel like I should move Price and keep Holtby for the stretch run. If Price is looking like he'll come back towards the end and I'm trending playoffs, I feel like I should hang on to both and make an offseason move before the keeper deadline. If it looks like I'll be out of the playoffs, I'm thinking I should move Holtby to a playoff team and keep Price for next year.

However, all that goes out the window if there is a large group that believes one is absolutely, significantly better than the other.

Thoughts on this logic?
    8 teams, H2H daily start league
    Keep 5, max 1 goalie

Skaters - G (3 pts), A (2), PPG (1), PPA (0.5), SHG (2), SHA (1), GWG (2), HT (5), PIM (0.3), Hits (0.1), BS (0.2)
    Goalies - W (5), OTL (2), GA (-1), SV (0.2), SO (3)

F (17, Start 12): Ovechkin, Tavares, Seguin, McDavid, Couture, Toffoli, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Scheifele, Schenn, Stepan, Voracek, Wheeler, Fabri, E. Kane, Galchenyuk, Barkov, Stastny, Spezza (IR), Sheary (IR)
    D (5, Start 4): Giordano, Schultz, Markov, Phaneuf, Shattenkirk
    G (3, Start 2): Holtby, Lundqvist, Johnson

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Price v Holtby

Skill wise Price > Holtby but Holtby is on a significantly stronger and stable team.

Looking at your team I'd opt for the off-season move. That should be a playoff team, especially if you can upgrade your D by moving someone like Strome, Galchenyuk or Zib.

Thanks, pete. I'm honestly still amazed my team is struggling for the playoffs. I have the most points for the season by a solid margin, but I'm also within an inch of having the most points scored against me. The head-to-head matchups are killing me. I'm 8-8 (about to go 9-8 after today) which will put me one game out of the playoffs but about to face the #1 team next week. Our league is very bunched. 12-5, 10-7, 10-7, 10-7, 9-8, 9-8 going into the last four regular season weeks. The rest of the season could go either way.
    Keep 5, max 1 goalie

Skaters - G (3 pts), A (2), PPG (1), PPA (0.5), SHG (2), SHA (1), GWG (2), HT (5), PIM (0.3), Hits (0.1), BS (0.2)

F (17, Start 12): Ovechkin, Tavares, Seguin, McDavid, Couture, Toffoli, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Scheifele, Schenn, Stepan, Voracek, Wheeler, Fabri, E. Kane, Galchenyuk, Barkov, Stastny, Spezza (IR), Sheary (IR)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think you should wait until the offseason too. Price is too big an asset to sell low on now while he's hurt. Holtby, IMO, has more fantasy value just because he's on a way better team as petegreg21 said. I would keep both until the offseason, then move Price when you can likely get a higher return for him. It would likely be a contending team in a buying position but if Price is out for the season that won't help them anyway and they probably won't want to pay much either. So I say: Keep both now, move Price before keeper deadline.

Thanks again. The only move I'd make if Price is out for the season is to another team that is out for the season in need of goaltending for a slew of picks in next year's draft. We keep 5 (max. 1 goalie) so there would be very good players available.
    Keep 5, max 1 goalie

Dobber Sports Monster

I would pick Holtby. Right now Holtby is the best goalie in the league. Pricer is coming off injury so there is a little bit of a question mark how the injury will effect him when he comes back. Could be back to 100% I dont know. Both are cream of the crop when it comes to tenders