Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: General Trade Etiquette

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default General Trade Etiquette

I currently have a deal on the table that I proposed. It was me sending away Thornton, Little Marchand and a 5th round pick for Tarasenko, Gaborik and Ellis and a 10th round pick. I sent this proposal to him Thursday afternoon and he said he would look at it after work and get back to me the next day. How long should I wait before I ask again what he is thinking or for a decision?
    10 team keep 15 players league, 25 player roster, with H2H categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, SV%, SO, GAA)
    C: McDavid, Eichel, Monahan, O' Reilly
    LW: Forsberg, Huberdeau, JVR, Guentzel
    RW: Palmieri, Mark Stone
    D: Hedman, Ristolainen, S. Jones, OEL
    G: Lundqvist or Mike Smith

Farm Team: Demko, Kaprizov, Samsonov

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: General Trade Etiquette

I think a couple of days is enough, especially after he told you he would look at it and get back to you the next day. Obviously be polite when asking if he's had time to look at your proposal.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

I think his lack of reply is enough of an answer. If he's keen, he'll let you know. The likely scenario is he read the offer and right away wasn't taken by it. He probably forgot all about it after work.

Dobber Sports Monster

Usually a couple days. If someone hasnt responded after 4 or 5 days I just pull the offer off the table and move on.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I think his lack of reply is enough of an answer. If he's keen, he'll let you know. The likely scenario is he read the offer and right away wasn't taken by it. He probably forgot all about it after work.
    This. He won't be accepting the offer and I doubt he's actually interested in moving Tarasenko.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This. He won't be accepting the offer and I doubt he's actually interested in moving Tarasenko.
    I agree with you unless he does this all the time. Regardless though, any offer warrants a reply. If a manager took the time to put together an offer, then the proper etiquette is to reply, everytime, regardless of how bad it may be.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I agree with you unless he does this all the time. Regardless though, any offer warrants a reply. If a manager took the time to put together an offer, then the proper etiquette is to reply, everytime, regardless of how bad it may be.
    Yeah that's the other side of it. I'd definitely follow up. Even if the guy isn't interested in moving Tank there could be other opportunities with this GM.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

if this guy is in a chance to win it I think that is a decent deal.

so yeah I would follow up. I usually follow up after 2 days but depends on the league an league activity. in some of my slower leagues I just let it sit for some time.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

I asked him and he said he was intrigued but would look at it after work to make sure and havent heard since. Just don't want to be that annoying owner
    10 team keep 15 players league, 25 player roster, with H2H categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, SV%, SO, GAA)

keeping bolded players

The Wolverine

In case he didn't get around to it on Friday and has had a busy weekend, I'd be a bit patient. Perhaps wait until tomorrow night or Tuesday with a quick 'just checking in if you've had further thoughts' type of message.

Banned

Leave it up until you're tired of waiting.

Is it still worth doing granted Marchand, Thornton and Little are all going off right now?

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Jedi

Just flip him another message saying, 'hey have you had a chance to take another look.. Let me know.thx'.

Done, and you don't really look like a hound. just a courteous follow up
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    In case he didn't get around to it on Friday and has had a busy weekend, I'd be a bit patient. Perhaps wait until tomorrow night or Tuesday with a quick 'just checking in if you've had further thoughts' type of message.
    Exactly. Some of us get sucked into other things NOT fantasy hockey related (weird, I know) OR have 8 damned teams to manage, which is 3 or 4 too many. I do my best to get back to trade offers within 48 hours, even if it's just "I'll look into this deeper and get back to you". At least the guy knows that you've seen the offer and are thinking about it. Always be polite in trade discussions, otherwise you may lose a potential trading partner in the future. Never pays to be a dick.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

In my more casual one-year leagues, I'd say 50% of my trade offers sit for 2+ days.
    In my more passionate one-year leagues, I'd say only 1/4 owners don't reply.

It's something you have to live with... until you know your group of GMs... just assume they are busy or only mildly interested in fantasy hockey.
    Eventually, you'll know the GMs that are "same-day" reply people.