Thread: Huberdeau for 1st pick in 2016

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Huberdeau for 1st pick in 2016

Is Huberdeau worth a top 5 first pick in the 2016 NHL draft ?

Stats in my sig

Rep to all
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Huberdeau for 1st pick in 2016

I absolutely would unless it's the difference between you winning this year

Dobber Sports Ace

Am i missing something here?

Huberdeau had 54 points last year, is on pace for roughly the same this year, and plays (mostly) with Sasha Barkov..who.is.a.stud.

Florida is a team on the rise, too. Huberdeau should be very close to becoming a legit threat.

Why would you move him for a top-five pick that will likely take 3,4,5 more years to do much of anything? If you knew it was going to be top-3, maybe. The top three this year look pretty good. Not sure about top-five.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Is Huberdeau worth a top 5 first pick in the 2016 NHL draft ?

Stats in my sig

Rep to all

The top three picks (Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi) this year are very good - imo better eventually than what Huberdeau is right now. I also believe there is somewhat of a gap with these three and the next group of Tkachuk/Chychrun/Nylander ...

I guess the question is, can you wait until next year to see results or do you need to win right now?

If it was me (and I can wait as I won't win this year), I would go and get a top 3 pick...

I know you said top 5, so I guess what I'm saying is if you think it'll be top 3, do it. Top 5, it is worth considering.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LPP View Post
    The top three picks (Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi) this year are very good - imo better eventually than what Huberdeau is right now. I also believe there is somewhat of a gap with these three and the next group of Tkachuk/Chychrun/Nylander ...

I guess the question is, can you wait until next year to see results or do you need to win right now?

If it was me (and I can wait as I won't win this year), I would go and get a top 3 pick...

I know you said top 5, so I guess what I'm saying is if you think it'll be top 3, do it. Top 5, it is worth considering.
    Could be from 1 to 5 pick. Depend where the tem will finish
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Novice

yes... and there is the risk.

If it was me, I would trade only if I have a feeling that your trading partner won't finish on top...

As the other poster said, Huberdeau is playing with some good linemates right now, so trading him for say for a quality D in Chychurn imo is not worth it.

But if its for say Matthews/Laine/Puljujarvi... I would do it.

cheers,

Dobber Sports Stud

Sorry I read it as top pick as in #1

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LPP View Post

Keep in mind that Huberdeau was a 3rd overall pick himself and people were drooling over him before he was drafted just like people are drooling over the "big 3" in this years draft. Sometimes you just never know.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I've always been a big supporter of Huberdeau, amd think that unless you are getting Matthews at #1, then I'd be keeping Hubs.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy