Thread: Scheifele ROS and future

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Scheifele ROS and future

Hey guys.

Second league in sig. I have since added, Backstrom, Hartnell, Josi and BoZak but haven't had a chance to update my sig.

I am currently in 2nd and very much in "win now" mode

I have a chance to get Scheifele for a 1st rd pick. I would probably drop Perron or Pageau

While I definitely like him for the future I'm wondering if this will be a good move for me to help my playoff push.

What are your thoughts on his production this year or next.

Thanks
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Scheifele ROS and future

Scheifele should stay top 6 for the rest of the season. Ladd being there does make it a little cloudy now but I expect Ladd to be gone by the deadline so that should solidify is position. won't get top PP time but should still get time on PP2. Not the best as far as prospects go but I think there are a couple of youngsters that may push him out next year and beyond.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Scheifele ROS and future

Quote Originally Posted by Rehdaun View Post
    Scheifele should stay top 6 for the rest of the season. Ladd being there does make it a little cloudy now but I expect Ladd to be gone by the deadline so that should solidify is position. won't get top PP time but should still get time on PP2. Not the best as far as prospects go but I think there are a couple of youngsters that may push him out next year and beyond.
    I don't agree with this at all, sorry.

Scheifele has been playing in their top 6 for a while now. All of last season, this season, and a little before that too. Ladd is a LW and doesn't affect Scheifele's status as their 2C at all. He has even played with Wheeler as their 1C for a couple weeks this season. Honestly, he's just shy of being as good as Little right now, and he's constantly improving. I expect him to take over as the 1C within the next year or two.

Who exactly are these prospects that are going to push him out of the top 6? Petan? He's no threat at all to Scheifele.. Connor is a LW who is more of a threat to Ladd or Ehlers, not Scheifele.

So to the OP, Scheifele is completely safe as far as his usage goes; with a bunch of realistic potential for it to get better in the next couple seasons (L1, PP1). I would expect his pace from here till the end of next season to be around 55-60pts. 70-80pt upside during his peak.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ