Thread: Nick Schneider

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nick Schneider

hello to all dobber scouts
    any thoughts on nick Schneider? he was undrafted last year, but then signed an entry level deal with the flames. just how good could he be? i'm always looking for goalie prospects for my deep dynasty league. I don't like to waste roster space on just anyone, though, especially someone so far away (and whom already has a contract, so I won't be able to just outright release him till his contract is up).
    I've been through the goalie prospect threads in the forum (and have commented on some myself!). just about all the goalies mentioned are owned in my league already. here's chance to get someone with some promise for free. is he worth the roster spots? I don't have many left.

I...am your father.

Default Re: Nick Schneider

Funny I was just analyzing him and entire Calgary goalie system last night, so I've brushed up. For now I consider him seventh in Calgary's system from a fantasy standpoint, but by 2020 my guess is he moves up to fourth. Where he goes from there depends on circumstance and his own play. I think they could have something here. But with Gillies doing so well, and McDonald in the system, who knows. Goalies are a finicky thing to guess
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Administrator

Personally I stay away from goalies until they're in their 20s and are showing good signs. For example, in my dynasty league I'm holding on to Garrett Sparks, Stephon Williams, Jamie Phillips and Merrick Madsen on my farm. If it doesn't work then I just drop and move on.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

what about the following:
    cal Petersen
    phoenix Copley
    Daniel altshuler

they've all got other goalies in the system, and in Petersen and Copley's case, lots of other goalies in front of them. altshuler has some opportunity if (when?) the canes don't resign ward, but I feel like he has career backup written all over him. especially with nedeljkovic in the canes system, and lack penciled in as the starter for a while.
    any of these guys worth a pickup?