Thread: Anyone else super frustrated with Anderson?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Anyone else super frustrated with Anderson?

1st league in sig

Another 6 goals last night.....

His goals against the last 10 games.....2, 3, 1, 4, 3, 3, 4, 0, 3, 6.........oh, and 11 games back, it was 7 goals against.

That's not very consistent and the fluctuations drive me nuts. One week he can win it for me...but the next he could lose it. At what point does the inconsistency become more of an issue than his guaranteed starts.

Problem is.....the wire is incredibly weak.

Howard
    Ramo
    Hiller
    Ward
    Lack
    Grubauer
    Montoya
    Pavelec/Smith, Neuvirth on IR

I have Helleybuyk and Domingue on my farm but they too let in the stinkers as well.

This is more of a bitch session and to see if others are in the same boat than anything but if anyone has any advice...I'll take it
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

Banned

Default Re: Anyone else super frustrated with Anderson?

He hasn't been great himself but it's more on the team defense + injuries. I didn't realize Ottawa is 8th last in the league at the moment.

I traded him about a month ago as I didn't want to keep starting him. If I were you I would keep him but not start him until Turris and Methot are back playing.

With the way the games have been going, if Hammond was to start and have a very good game + the win, he might take the net.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'd go with Ramo over C.Anderson.

Ramo was a complete disaster in Oct/Nov.
    OCT: 4.27gaa
    NOV: 2.63gaa
    And CGY was struggling to score and their defense was still gelling with Dougie Hamilton in.

They've been a better team in the last two months and with Bennett kicking it up a gear, they now have two bonafide scoring lines.
    Ramo's last two months:
    DEC: 2.27gaa (.919sv%)
    JAN: 2.34gaa (.919sv%)
    Splits here.

Ramo shouldn't be sitting on most wires... but he does because his FULL-SEASON stats aren't good due to his terrible start.
    He's been a 15th-25th range goalie over Dec/Jan... and that's the important part.

He also fell off people's radars lately because...
    CGY gave Hiller a start and he got a shutout.
    Which means the team was basically committed to go back to him.

But it has become Ramo's team... and the Flames are on the UP.

The Great One

Anderson only seems to piece together good numbers when he plays a limited number of games in a campaign. Every 82 game season when he's been given the keys to the car so to speak, he's done poorly. But poolies are still tantalized by him due to his pas flashes of brilliance and all the shots he faces. About all you should take comfort in is it shouldn't get much worse for him over the ROS.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Anderson only seems to piece together good numbers when he plays a limited number of games in a campaign. Every 82 game season when he's been given the keys to the car so to speak, he's done poorly. But poolies are still tantalized by him due to his pas flashes of brilliance and all the shots he faces. About all you should take comfort in is it shouldn't get much worse for him over the ROS.
    It's hard to draw conclusions like that when he's always been on teams that haven't been good defensively and give up a ton of shots. However, your statement is inaccurate because he was excellent in the season he had the most starts, 71 starts for Colorado in 09-10 (and dominated in the playoffs) and before this recent stretch he did have pretty good numbers, around 920 SV% IIRC, but injuries and bad D have caught up with the team.

Like I said I wouldn't trust him right now but he also hasn't had a poor year if we're talking about the entire season. I don't think any goalie would look great on Ottawa right now unless they're true superstars.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    It's hard to draw conclusions like that when he's always been on teams that haven't been good defensively and give up a ton of shots. However, your statement is inaccurate because he was excellent in the season he had the most starts, 71 starts for Colorado in 09-10 (and dominated in the playoffs) and before this recent stretch he did have pretty good numbers, around 920 SV% IIRC, but injuries and bad D have caught up with the team.

Like I said I wouldn't trust him right now but he also hasn't had a poor year if we're talking about the entire season. I don't think any goalie would look great on Ottawa right now unless they're true superstars.
    If you have to go back six seasons to try and defeat a point I'm making about Anderson, then you basically made the point for me. I have nothing against him, and certainly there are many goalies who could be doing worse in the same situation, but that's beside the point.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    If you have to go back six seasons to try and defeat a point I'm making about Anderson, then you basically made the point for me.
    Yeah, no. It doesn't matter when it was. You made a black and white statement and were proven wrong. I didn't prove your point, I burned it down to the ground.

"Every 82 game season when he's been given the keys to the car so to speak, he's done poorly. "

He has been a .920 or so goalie in his career with the Sens. He's good but can only do so much.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yeah, no. It doesn't matter when it was. You made a black and white statement and were proven wrong. I didn't prove your point, I burned it down to the ground.

"Every 82 game season when he's been given the keys to the car so to speak, he's done poorly. "

He has been a .920 or so goalie in his career with the Sens. He's good but can only do so much.
    This is fantasy hockey, and no league has only SV% as a category. Whether or not Anderson is performing better than someone else would is irrelevant if his GAA kills that category for your team more than his SV% helps it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Well this created an alright debate.

I ended up cutting the chord. I was just getting too frustrated and can't cheer for the Sens. I swapped him for Ramo.
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Their arguing about how badly Craig Anderson sucks aside, you could do worse than Eddie Lack or even Al Montoya. Al's not getting a ton of starts, but the ones he does receive are very good. FLA is serious about a playoff run and might be resting Luongo down the stretch

Oh, and to answer your question, yes. He is very frustrating (and now dropped) in my redraft league
    12 Team Custom Contract Keeper - ESPN H2H - $290 cap for 15-16 (Year 2)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,SOG,HIT,BLK,STP,W,GAA,S%
    3 C,LW,RW, 5 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G, 7 Bench, 2 IR

C: Stamkos,Johansen,Stastny,Ribeiro
    L: Ovechkin,Marchand,Komarov,Galchenyuk,Burakovsky
    R: Kessel,Ryan,Abdelkader,Jenner
    D: Shattenkirk,Letang,Ekblad,McDonagh,Hamilton,Borowi ecki,Carlson,Alzner,Orpik
    G: Holtby,Rask,Korpisalo
    IR: Bobrovsky

Minors: Meier,Crouse,Fiala,Bracco,Virtanen

Dead money: $11.50 | 2016 Cap Hit: $273.50

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by kooter109 View Post
    Well this created an alright debate.

I ended up cutting the chord. I was just getting too frustrated and can't cheer for the Sens. I swapped him for Ramo.
    Ev and I debate on here all the time - it's definitely not as venomous as it looks. We just like defending our positions. Good luck the rest of the way.