Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Klingberg for Kucherov and a late first

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Klingberg for Kucherov and a late first

Yes other owner was running away with the pool with Canadiens. And has fallen to second.
    Honestly a great trade both ways. Plus I shed A lot of age. Sedin wil be 36 next year. And I know he is still playing great. But depending what direction Vancouver goes. Value will change. Helps him, and helps me. In our pool we keep 17 and any players are auto protect with less then 40 NHL games. That is where Scherbak fits in. He is hurt right now so we'll see how he ends up on my roster starting in October.
    Thanks
    16 team league, Weekly changes
    32 Players play 20, 2 Goalies, 6 Def, 12 Fwd
    2*G,1*a,+/-*.5,.2* pim
    4*W,-1*L,1*OTL,5*SO
    17 Keepers
    Keepers marked with*
    auto protect under 40 Games
    Goal
    Vejmelka, Markstrom, Forsberg, Alnefelt,
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkoonen
    Defence
    Slavin, Pietrangelo, Girard, Hague, Joseph,
    Matheson, Brannstrom, Jokiharju, Parayko
    Forward
    Gaudreau*, Tuch, Garland, Mangiapane, L’Hereux
    Aho*, McCann, Necas, Stephenson, Zacha,
    Marchessault*, Stone, Reilly Smith, Hall,
    Giroux, Landeskog, Rodrigues, Reilly Smith, Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is a horrible trade for you!

Actually in all honesty well done I think you took him to the cleaners. and in turn stuck it to the previous owner of Sedin by using Sedin to get Kuch from under his nose. And actually I have it on good authority he turned down what I think was a better offer for Kucherov. I would like some of the posters here opinion on which offer was better. My source tells me he turned down this offer to take the one discussed in this thread.

Kucherov
    3rd '16
    3'17
    2nd '19
    3rd '20

For

Parise
    Weber

My source also say that this league is over 500 players deep and any pick after the 2nd round is a crap shoot and the real prizes are the picks in the first round. And the deal above could've been altered to give thirds with weber and parise and get firsts but thought this was better value for the owner giving Kuch as he was left with his firsts for other deals if needed. For comparison Rick Nash was traded for a first in '18 and J. Roy this year. My source says firsts are a very valuable commodity in this league. I'm curious to hear others thoughts on which offer they'd prefer, knowing the Kucherov owner is going for the win.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Novice

Haha. Your "source"? Bitter much?

I personally would have kept Kucherov (as I have in my own 20 team keeper league with similar stats to the ones you have listed, with the exception being to goalies where we count saves, and with a 5 rd annual draft), but I would have taken that Klingburg trade 100 times over the Weber deal. That Weber deal is laughable IMO. Two aging players, and Parises' value has diminished since he left NJ. Klingburg is just a kid, and while I have concerns if he keeps up that production, the fantasy benefit over Weber far outweighs the risk. As for the picks, if a manager is knowledgeable, 2nd-3rds are just as valuable as 1sts. From my experiences, after the first 3-4 picks those 1st rds are for uneducated managers who just pick players as they were drafted in the NHL. Fantasy pools are not the NHL. Therefore, the way I see it, you were asking for 4 decent picks, whilst in the Klingburg deal, the former Kucherov owner got valuable picks back. I know personally, I repeatedly draft killer players with those 2nd and 3rds, but I also watch a lot of junior/US College hockey.

So in short, the Klingburg deal was much better.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    This is a horrible trade for you!

Actually in all honesty well done I think you took him to the cleaners. and in turn stuck it to the previous owner of Sedin by using Sedin to get Kuch from under his nose. And actually I have it on good authority he turned down what I think was a better offer for Kucherov. I would like some of the posters here opinion on which offer was better. My source tells me he turned down this offer to take the one discussed in this thread.

Kucherov
    3rd '16
    3'17
    2nd '19
    3rd '20

For

Parise
    Weber

My source also say that this league is over 500 players deep and any pick after the 2nd round is a crap shoot and the real prizes are the picks in the first round. And the deal above could've been altered to give thirds with weber and parise and get firsts but thought this was better value for the owner giving Kuch as he was left with his firsts for other deals if needed. For comparison Rick Nash was traded for a first in '18 and J. Roy this year. My source says firsts are a very valuable commodity in this league. I'm curious to hear others thoughts on which offer they'd prefer, knowing the Kucherov owner is going for the win.
    LOL! This maybe the funniest post of the year. You should never refer to yourself as a "source" especially when your signature gives you away as the Parise and Weber owner. Sounds like a butt hurt owner who missed out on Kucherov ....

In regards to the OP ... Looks like a deal that will benefit both teams although I favor the Kucherov side by a slight edge.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I Love it.
    This one was to funny,
    Best "source" ever.
    I think the trade. Helps both teams. And I either sold high on Klingberg, or will regret it for many years to come. Either way I own Kucherov now and have a couple firsts to boot. If I flip Kucherov for a great starting goalie, then I might? If not, Kucherov will be a hell of a player to build around.
    Thanks a ton Boys. And good to see you back on the boards HRM.
    16 team league, Weekly changes
    32 Players play 20, 2 Goalies, 6 Def, 12 Fwd
    2*G,1*a,+/-*.5,.2* pim
    4*W,-1*L,1*OTL,5*SO
    17 Keepers
    Keepers marked with*
    auto protect under 40 Games
    Goal
    Vejmelka, Markstrom, Forsberg, Alnefelt,
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkoonen
    Defence
    Slavin, Pietrangelo, Girard, Hague, Joseph,
    Matheson, Brannstrom, Jokiharju, Parayko
    Forward
    Gaudreau*, Tuch, Garland, Mangiapane, L’Hereux
    Aho*, McCann, Necas, Stephenson, Zacha,
    Marchessault*, Stone, Reilly Smith, Hall,
    Giroux, Landeskog, Rodrigues, Reilly Smith, Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey God View Post
    Haha. Your "source"? Bitter much?

That Weber deal is laughable IMO. Two aging players. As for the picks, if a manager is knowledgeable, 2nd-3rds are just as valuable as 1sts. From my experiences, after the first 3-4 picks those 1st rds are for uneducated managers who just pick players as they were drafted in the NHL. Fantasy pools are not the NHL. Therefore, the way I see it, you were asking for 4 decent picks, whilst in the Klingburg deal, the former Kucherov owner got valuable picks back. I know personally, I repeatedly draft killer players with those 2nd and 3rds, but I also watch a lot of junior/US College hockey.

So in short, the Klingburg deal was much better.
    Not bitter at all actually, the source thing was clearly a joke mostly meant for the op. The fact you say the weber deal was laughble hurts your credibility as far as I'm concerned. Weber is a stud in our league he's consitantly in the top 5 for defenseman fantasy points, he's money and he's only 30 which is by no means old especially for a defenseman. And in a keeper league to be able to count on top production year after year is invaluable. As for the picks while I don't disagree that you can get great players in the later rounds, I think you missed my point. The point I was making was the firsts are a very valuable trade comodity in our league. I should explain that any first round pick could end up being anywhere in the first round so these picks while unlikely could be first overall, it's a weighed draw, 1st gets 1 ping pong ball 2nd 2 3rd 3 etc. to 16. For reference Sam Reinhart was drafted 4th overall in his year and the pick was made by the manager who finished third that year, so it is posible as it's happened in the past, even if it is unlikely that these picks are top 5. In last years draft Rantanen went 13th, so you can get a high end prospect late in the first too. Yes you can get great players in later rounds that's my bread and butter, I haven't picked in the first round in 8 years. But the high end prospects all go in the first round. The manger who traded Kuch away now has no trade chips left, he has Galcheyuk and late round picks which won't nab him much. Now if he had those firsts he could have packaged them with Galcheyuk and got a pretty nice piece, I'll say this I would've considered sending Perry for Galcheyuk and the two firsts I probably would've needed a bit more but it's certainly in the neighborhood. I think he could have got a Getz with that Galcheyuk and first package as well but he won't get that type of player with thirds instead of firsts. So yes while he was getting picks back he loses prime trading chips and when you are trying to win you don't worry about 5 years away which is when you will see a difference in production between Kilngberg and Weber. So the fact he could've added another high end player to go with weber and Parise is why I said I thought my deal was better going for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    LOL! This maybe the funniest post of the year. You should never refer to yourself as a "source" especially when your signature gives you away as the Parise and Weber owner. Sounds like a butt hurt owner who missed out on Kucherov ....

In regards to the OP ... Looks like a deal that will benefit both teams although I favor the Kucherov side by a slight edge.
    I wasn't trying to hide anything, actually trying to make it obvious and I was also going for funny, so glad it was funny then.

With those firsts the Kuch side wins by a landslide. Read above as to why the firsts are killer.

Quote Originally Posted by JAC123 View Post
    I Love it.
    This one was to funny,
    Best "source" ever.
    I think the trade. Helps both teams. And I either sold high on Klingberg, or will regret it for many years to come. Either way I own Kucherov now and have a couple firsts to boot. If I flip Kucherov for a great starting goalie, then I might? If not, Kucherov will be a hell of a player to build around.
    Thanks a ton Boys. And good to see you back on the boards HRM.
    Glad you liked that buddy, I thought it was amusing and I thought you might too. Well done man I think you won this trade huge by getting both of those firsts. You will not regret this trade, I think TPB will regret it, he's got nothing left to trade and this trade isn't enough to put him over the top, I think Baller is going to pass him, heck I was going to pass him but I'm going in another direction, I'm tired of finishing 2nd. If your looking for a goalie Rinne is on the block! lol
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Novice

You're misinterpreting what I said about the Weber deal. Weber wasn't the issue (in fact, the only piece of value in your offer). Parise is garbage, and you wanted picks. With the Klingburg deal, he gets the young DMan who will outscore Weber every single year (Dobber has him ranked 2nd as well), a 1 year plug in Sedin with decent offense, and based on how you state your draft works, in theory, he may only slide 1 spot down with the 2nd pick as opposed to the 1st, and 17 spots as opposed to the 3rd.

[QUOTE=HRM Fantasy Fan;1582679]I would've considered sending Perry for Galcheyuk and the two firsts I probably would've needed a bit more but it's certainly in the neighborhood.

You would want Galchenyuk and 2 1st for Perry?? I'm assuming you don't make a whole lot of trades......