Thread: Transfer ownership in Yahoo?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Transfer ownership in Yahoo?

Apologies if this isn't the right place.

Is there a way to transfer ownership of your team without being the commish? I have been trying to get out of a league all year and I have even found people to take it over, but the commish never seems to want to transfer ownership or just ignores my messages. Is there a way I could do this myself?

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Transfer ownership in Yahoo?

Not sure there is a way other than the commish to do so but it's been many years since I have used Yahoo as a commish. I think your best route is to get the commish's attention. Here are a few ideas

1) make ridiculous offers to the commish ... His best player for your worst over and over again until he realizes something is up

2) make an obvious veto able trade where the whole league takes notice

3) post a poll on the message board on which league has the worst commish: your league's commish vs Bettman vs Goodell

4) just quit and leave it on him to find a replacement. If it's a one year who cares but if it's a dynasty he will know something is up once you are messing with his draft by not being there. You don't owe this commish anything.

I know some of these ideas are harsh or extreme and pose damage to the league's credibility. However the league's credibility is already questionable under your commish's failure to return simple messages. Without knowing the exact reason, it seems like your reasons to leave is legit.

The Wolverine

Without going through the commish, you can invite someone to be the co-manager. Go to your team, edit team info and there is a link to invite a co-manager. You'd still have access but you can let your co-manager take over.

To find a complete replacement, I believe you have to do this through the commish.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Apologies if this isn't the right place.

Is there a way to transfer ownership of your team without being the commish? I have been trying to get out of a league all year and I have even found people to take it over, but the commish never seems to want to transfer ownership or just ignores my messages. Is there a way I could do this myself?
    if the commish isnt doing their job then just bail on the league.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    if the commish isnt doing their job then just bail on the league.
    I have bailed on the league for the most part when it comes to setting my lineups, etc. I just want fully out haha.

@horrorfan

I might have to try that, thanks for the advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    Not sure there is a way other than the commish to do so but it's been many years since I have used Yahoo as a commish. I think your best route is to get the commish's attention. Here are a few ideas

1) make ridiculous offers to the commish ... His best player for your worst over and over again until he realizes something is up

2) make an obvious veto able trade where the whole league takes notice

3) post a poll on the message board on which league has the worst commish: your league's commish vs Bettman vs Goodell

4) just quit and leave it on him to find a replacement. If it's a one year who cares but if it's a dynasty he will know something is up once you are messing with his draft by not being there. You don't owe this commish anything.

I know some of these ideas are harsh or extreme and pose damage to the league's credibility. However the league's credibility is already questionable under your commish's failure to return simple messages. Without knowing the exact reason, it seems like your reasons to leave is legit.
    haha yup harsh but I love them. Might have to resort to doing some of these.

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson