Thread: Yahoo max games table - glitchy?

The Wolverine

Default Yahoo max games table - glitchy?

Has anyone noticed that the Yahoo max games table at the bottom of your roster has been adjusted significantly, seemingly out of whack? My pace in all positions is far lower than it should be at this stage. Anyone notice it as well?

Administrator

Default Re: Yahoo max games table - glitchy?

Same issue with both of my leagues. I remember seeing this in past years (probably several years ago) and I think it fixes itself. Could the allstar break have anything to do with this?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Same issue with both of my leagues. I remember seeing this in past years (probably several years ago) and I think it fixes itself. Could the allstar break have anything to do with this?
    Yeah thought the ASB might have something to do with it. Can't think why it would, though?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

And here I was about to blame the Commish.
    14 team H2H Dynasty: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, HITS, BLK,
    W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, Sv%, SO

Center: Kuznetzov, Johansen, Glass(RW), Hayton
    LW: T. Johnson(C/RW), Gurianov(RW), Labanc(RW), Zucker(RW),
    RW: Kucherov, Vorocek, Atkinson, Konecny,
    Defence: Josi, Trouba , Klingberg, Morrissey, Zadorov, Gudas,
    G: Fleury, Rittich
    Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

The Wolverine

I've been in touch with customer care and not surprisingly they know very little. I wonder if they're not being told much or the team responsible still don't have the answers. As mentioned above, it's happened before so not sure why they wouldn't know, but given Yahoo's history I'm not surprised. I had chased today and the agent said they should hear back from the product team at the end of the day but I'm not holding my breath. I'll keep chasing until it's fixed.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I've been in touch with customer care and not surprisingly they know very little. I wonder if they're not being told much or the team responsible still don't have the answers. As mentioned above, it's happened before so not sure why they wouldn't know, but given Yahoo's history I'm not surprised. I had chased today and the agent said they should hear back from the product team at the end of the day but I'm not holding my breath. I'll keep chasing until it's fixed.
    Typical customer service this decade.

A punts to B
    B punts to C
    C punts to A
    Nothing is resolved.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I have conspiracy theory on this issue.

1. The Yahoo! GP table shifts for each calendar day (I believe) and not by each day of NHL games.
    In other words, it was due to "count down" during the All-Star Break.
    GMs who were "on pace" on Wednesday (last day of NHL games for 5 days) would've been "behind pace" come post All-Star Break Tuesday.
    This would've been negative blow-back on Yahoo!, perhaps, when teams got off their pace.

2. There were 2-3 NHL game cancellations due to the winter storms a week or two previous.

So here's what Yahoo does:
    1. They go and eff up the GP table so nobody remembers where they were and everybody LOOKS way behind pace.
    2. Then they'll go and wait... wait... wait... planning to say "Due to NHL rescheduling, the GP pace had to be recalculated for the remaining schedule".
    3. But they don't have a "delay" on non-NHL games... so they'll get it back up and running only ONCE NHL games are being played again... i.e. Tomorrow.
    4. Everybody will be returned to some pace that is BETTER than the effed up pace... relative-happiness for all GMs.

In other words, I'll speculate they'll have it back up and running by tomorrow.
    And they'll issue some garbage about the cancelled games being the reason for them to recalculate.

(There's still no excuse for the GP paces being so off... but it does create a great smoke-screen)

*End Pengwin Conspiracy Theory*

Dobber Sports Titan

I’m pretty sure it’s the ASB because my MLB fantasy league had the IP all messed up during that break last yr. I didn’t check my Yahoo Hockey this week, but I know the MLB counted the production of players during the ASG. This screwed things up, so maybe the NHL ASG had the stats counted behind the scenes screwing things up a bit.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Wolverine

I've been having an ongoing discussion with Yahoo Customer Care (different people of course), and I just got this response. My direct question was why it hadn't been added as a note on league pages to explain the error:

We appreciate you following up.

We haven't posted a league note because the issue will be fixed soon. We do apologize it has taken longer than anticipated. If the issue is expected to be prolonged then we will notify all affected leagues. We hope this helps explain the situation.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Ian

Yahoo Customer Care
    http://help.yahoo.com
    Hope he's telling the truth but not holding my breath.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think it has been fixed now
    Keeper league. 13 teams, Start 9F, 4D and 2G plus 10 BN keep 15. Max 4 goalies on team
    Scoring cats:Goal (25), Assist (25), PPP (10), SHG (20) +/- (10), PIM (3) SOG (2) GWG (20) Win (50), GA (-15) SV (2) SO (50)
    Forwards: Point, Jarvis, Beniers, Thomas, Guenther, Raymond, Caufield, Boldy, Schmaltz, Krebs, Tolvanen, Newhook, N. Robertson, Teravainen
    Defensmen: Chychrun, Perunovich, Clarke, Lundkvist, Slavvin, Walman, Liljegren
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Knight, Korpisalo

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by C.R. View Post
    I think it has been fixed now
    Yep, I just came on here to post that. Thanks for the update.