Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is up with Varlamov's ex?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default What is up with Varlamov's ex?

Anybody have any insight on this chick?

She must have a serious vendetta against Varly who is clearly having a hard time focusing on hockey.

She already smeared his name from the apparent abuse claim that was cleared in court. Now she seems to be going after him again for apparent 'years of horrific abuse in Russia and beyond leading up to the Denver incident.'

I don't know how to make this picture biggerVarlamov GF.jpg regardless my Succubus radar is through the roof on this one.

They need to start a foundation of Succubus recovery/defense in the NHL.
    18 team Dynasty Head 2 Head - 25 man Roster - (Keep as many as you want)
    G A P PPA PPG HITS GWG SOG
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: What is up with Varlamov's ex?

I should probably point out that our criminal justice system defines legalities, not reality. It became a he-said/she-said and the prosecution couldn't move forward. Many domestic-abuse cases go the same way, if they even make it that far.

You're making it sound as if there was a trial and he was subsequently acquitted and she was shown to be full of shlt. That's not what happened.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Titan

Dudes not 100% innocent. She obviously wants him to pay in some form for what he did behind closed doors. I wouldn’t say she’s trying to do anything more than get what she believes either she deserves in retribution for what he did, or he pay for what he did.

I’m all for the innocent before proven guilty thing especially when it’s a female saying a male did something wrong (Guys get painted into the bad guy before any evidence is put forth). But if he put himself in this situation with having a GF this upset with him, he’d either come out and say it’s because they broke up, or have some real explanation for this. He’s being awfully quiet.

Not saying he did it, but I bet you he did something and she just wants him to “pay” for it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah unless you know the whole story I wouldn't go jumping on the Varly is innocent bandwagon. You know how many women(and men too) have to go through/live with this having no one believe them?

A little old article but has some important things with it: http://mic.com/articles/10919/domest...ted#.vFskbsFZ1

Or there is this site: http://leavingabuse.com/domestic-violence-statistics/
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I should probably point out that our criminal justice system defines legalities, not reality. It became a he-said/she-said and the prosecution couldn't move forward. Many domestic-abuse cases go the same way, if they even make it that far.

You're making it sound as if there was a trial and he was subsequently acquitted and she was shown to be full of shlt. That's not what happened.
    That's how I read it with quick scan, enlighten me if I am wrong in thinking that way but still I smell Succubus. See link [URL="http://www.westword.com/news/avs-star-semyon-varlamov-ex-girlfriends-suit-claims-abuse-in-drunken-animal-rage-6051840"]

"Last October, Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov was arrested for allegedly abusing Evgeniya Vavrinyuk, his girlfriend, only to have the case dismissed a couple of months later. " - Not sure if thats speculative but sounds pretty cut and dry to me, to be coming back for another crack at some moneys a bit suspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Yeah unless you know the whole story I wouldn't go jumping on the Varly is innocent bandwagon. You know how many women(and men too) have to go through/live with this having no one believe them?

A little old article but has some important things with it: http://mic.com/articles/10919/domest...ted#.vFskbsFZ1

Or there is this site: http://leavingabuse.com/domestic-violence-statistics/
    I'm all up on that bandwagon bro ! GO VARLY !!!
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

It sounds to me like you believe (with very little information, I might add), that our courts have the power and the omniscience to define realities. Any lawyer that I ever met would scoff at that notion.

However, since you'd obviously rather comment on it based on a blurb than to educate yourself, I'll tell you that a judge dismissed the case based on the evidence that the prosecution had, likely in response to a pretrial motion.

This does not imply that the defendant is innocent or that the defendant was acquitted. It only means that the judge ruled not to allow the proceedings to go forward.

So, from the point of view of a lawyer or the judge, I suppose it could be called "cut and dried". From the plaintiff? Probably not so much.

The woman is now pursuing her case in civil court because the burden of proof in civil court is lower than that of a criminal court.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    "Last October, Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov was arrested for allegedly abusing Evgeniya Vavrinyuk, his girlfriend, only to have the case dismissed a couple of months later. " - Not sure if thats speculative but sounds pretty cut and dry to me, to be coming back for another crack at some moneys a bit suspect.
    Wouldn't you think people that have been wronged usually come back to make it right? Thats the way I see it.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Is Jenny McCarthy on your Succubus Radar? I have had suspicions for a long time...
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It sounds to me like you believe (with very little information, I might add), that our courts have the power and the omniscience to define realities. Any lawyer that I ever met would scoff at that notion.

However, since you'd obviously rather comment on it based on a blurb than to educate yourself, I'll tell you that a judge dismissed the case based on the evidence that the prosecution had, likely in response to a pretrial motion.

This does not imply that the defendant is innocent or that the defendant was acquitted. It only means that the judge ruled not to allow the proceedings to go forward.

So, from the point of view of a lawyer or the judge, I suppose it could be called "cut and dried". From the plaintiff? Probably not so much.

The woman is now pursuing her case in civil court because the burden of proof in civil court is lower than that of a criminal court.
    Ahh, correction my dude, he is innocent until proven guilty. Fact.
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ahh, correction my dude, he is innocent until proven guilty. Fact.
    That's not a fact, it's just a legal principle, a presumption. And I'm not "your dude", bra.

Do you even understand what I'm saying with the statement that courts define legalities and not realities? If not, there's really no point in going further.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

If Patrick Kane has taught us anything, it's:

1. stickhandling practice pays off
    2. there's no room for domestic abuse/sexual assault discussions on Dobberhockey.com

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's not a fact, it's just a legal principle, a presumption. And I'm not "your dude", bra.

Do you even understand what I'm saying with the statement that courts define legalities and not realities? If not, there's really no point in going further.
    Sorry Cat man. Didn't mean to get ur panties in a bunch pipe down bud.
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'll take that as a "no".

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Apprentice

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/j...s-goalie-126k/

So in fact, contrary to Catmandoo's white nuckle suggestions she is/was 'subsequently acquitted and shown to be full of shlt.. I guess my instincts win again.. Pure Succubus !

Now hopefully Varly can get his game back on track and help my two contending teams lock in their respective titles.
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/j...s-goalie-126k/

So in fact, contrary to Catmandoo's white nuckle suggestions she is/was 'subsequently acquitted and shown to be full of shlt.. I guess my instincts win again.. Pure Succubus !

Now hopefully Varly can get his game back on track and help my two contending teams lock in their respective titles.
    Hmm, you going to start telling people to shut up again if they don't give you the feedback that you want to hear?

Interesting that the jury decided to take the word of a witness who wasn't present and also clearly has a vested interest in keeping his foreign-national goalie out of legal trouble.

But, I suppose that would justify your faith in our legal system, right? Sometimes juries get it wrong pal, mostly because the lawyers look for people just like you to place on them.

Now, if you want to keep on exchanging insults, go ahead.

RETIRED