Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Where do you see as a fit for Andrew Ladd?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default [Discussion] Where do you see as a fit for Andrew Ladd?

With all of the talks centering around Ladd now being the expiring contract the Jets are looking to deal, where do you think Ladd could end up and what kind of return can you see coming back to the Jets?

Who has the cap space to take Ladd's $ for the rest of the year and potentially (or not) on a new contract?

PS: Mods feel free to move if this is in the wrong section. I don't wanna enrage any snarky snarks with hypertension.

Administrator

Default Re: [Discussion] Where do you see as a fit for Andrew Ladd?

Lots of teams will be able to afford him as a rental because they will only be on the hook for like 30% of his cap hit.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Ladd would fit like a glove on the Pantherssquad. Agewise, contractwise, skillwise. I just donīt think we are already willing to move a 1st rounder for him but that will be the asking price. I could see something like Pirri + 2nd as something we might be willing to do. Itīs much more likley we will go after him in the offseason than now.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    Ladd would fit like a glove on the Pantherssquad. Agewise, contractwise, skillwise. I just donīt think we are already willing to move a 1st rounder for him but that will be the asking price. I could see something like Pirri + 2nd as something we might be willing to do. Itīs much more likley we will go after him in the offseason than now.
    Kinda off the OPs topic (sorry Bondon) but did I read somewhere last week that the Panthers were shopping Pirri?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    Came here to say florida too. Tallon loves his ex hawks, although i think the Jets would require a 1st coming back in any deal for Ladd.

Administrator

The Jets will have no issue getting a 1st back in a deal for Ladd.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Pirri + condition 1st round pick. He’s got to play in so many playoff games to make it a 1st this yr, but if it fails, it gets pushed to next yrs draft.

That’s all I can think of in the East that would either have the assets to get him, or at the point of a win now where they can give up assets.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ace

Which is more attractive to a contending team at the deadline, EStaal or Ladd?
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Front89 View Post
    generally i'd say Ladd but a team like St.louis could really use Staal.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Agree w/others.
    Florida seems like a nice fit for Ladd... as Florida could use some top six wing grit.

That said... I still think he'll re-sign in Winnipeg.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Not sure if the cap space works, but Ladd seems like the type of player LA/CHI somehow manages to inexplicably acquire before shredding their way to a cup. They are the type of teams who have the talent to win and the system to afford expensive rentals. For this year, add WSH to that list. I could see him going to Washington as a pure rental with no intention of resigning. This seems like the year the Caps should be and need to be all in on the cup.

The Great One

Not sure about cap related, but I see Buffalo as a nice fit. Obviously not as a rental but potential UFA signing.

The Great One

Ladd has won TWO cups on two teams. Sure, he wasn't an integral part of either squad, but with that kind of experience teams will be lining up to try and get him.

Too bad Philly looks to be fading - he might've been an intriguing add for them. Same with Vancouver if they weren't in a pseudo rebuild. Islanders are another possibility, although I think Snow probably realizes it wouldn't be worth the cost.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Front89 View Post
    Depends on team needs but both these guys are struggling veterans who may not offer as much as teams would hope. Ladd's deal is half of Staal's so that would probably make him more attractive since teams could presumably add multiple pieces if the Jets eat half and there is only a third of the deal remaining at the deadline anyhow.

I can't imagine there won't be an endless lineup of bidders for Ladd. Where would he fit? Do you know of a team with a perfect complement of top-nine wingers?

A Blackhawk top line of Ladd-Toews-Hossa would suffocate every other top line in the league.

The Panthers, as mentioned by others certainly could use some more jam.

I have a tough time believing that the Kings couldn't use another guy to add to the mix of Lucic, Toffoli, Pearson, Gaborik and Brown.

Can you imagine the Capitals get Ladd into that 2nd LW spot alongside Kuz and Williams?

Montreal will certainly kick tires with where they are at though he doesn't necessarily fit their system.

Rangers should be interested.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not sure if the cap space works, but Ladd seems like the type of player LA/CHI somehow manages to inexplicably acquire before shredding their way to a cup. They are the type of teams who have the talent to win and the system to afford expensive rentals. For this year, add WSH to that list. I could see him going to Washington as a pure rental with no intention of resigning. This seems like the year the Caps should be and need to be all in on the cup.
    By the deadline Ladd will have about a third of his deal left so something like a 1.46M cap hit. Jets eat half and we are down to a 0.73M cap hit. Right now there are seven teams that don't have even that kind of cap space but you know they will do all sorts of cap gymnastics to create the room they need come deadline. I fully expect every contender would have room for Ladd under this scenario come deadline day, which means the Jets will get their asking price.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg