Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Drouin traded in the next 24 hours?

Banned

Default Re: Drouin traded in the next 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    There it is, the warming has begun.......

I've been waiting for this.
    I told you I didn't mind trading for him. I just would not give my top assets for a guy like him who isn't proven.

You have to get off this train that not liking a player means I have to dislike him his whole career

Dobber Sports Titan

Maybe Ceci could be involved. Dion plays better on his off-wing.

But he would add that much needed scoring OOMPH they really need. Nothing against Ryan, Stone, Lazar or Turris, but Drouin is the type of player that is a game breaker.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    After his performance last night he should be tasered and placed in a dumpster behind the arena, let alone traded for Drouin.

But, yeah, the signs are pointing to the Sens landing Drouin... and probably sooner than later.
    well that's too extreme lol. Zibby is a good 2C but I don't know if he has the drive he once had as a prospect to actually play pro hockey and give it every night. Some nights he looks great but I think White will be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Maybe Ceci could be involved. Dion plays better on his off-wing.

But he would add that much needed scoring OOMPH they really need. Nothing against Ryan, Stone, Lazar or Turris, but Drouin is the type of player that is a game breaker.
    Sens don't really need scoring but they do need a LW for the future. Drouin was a gamebreaker as a prospect but hasn't proven to be an nhl game breaker. A guy like Hoffman has proven to be more of a game breaker so far. he has a long way to go to be in the conversation as some of those guys .

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I told you I didn't mind trading for him. I just would not give my top assets for a guy like him who isn't proven.

You have to get off this train that not liking a player means I have to dislike him his whole career
    Oh please, give me a break. You have been one of the biggest haters of Drouin on these boards for ages now. You aren't fooling anyone now that the rumours are out there that he may be coming to Ottawa so all of a sudden, you don't mind him so much now.

You are so transparent and predictable.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Oh please, give me a break. You have been one of the biggest haters of Drouin on these boards for ages now. You aren't fooling anyone now that the rumours are out there that he may be coming to Ottawa so all of a sudden, you don't mind him so much now.

You are so transparent and predictable.
    And you're a jackass. Stop replying to my posts because I'm done with your BS.

I still won't like Droun if he sucked after he was traded to Ottawa. If he changed his game why would I still hate him?

Dobber Sports Superstar

I still won't like Droun if he sucked after he was traded to Ottawa. If he changed his game why would I still hate him?
    Anytime that you post, you have to do so with the knowledge that someone could reply to it in a way that won't make you look good. You should consider that.

Telling people to go away doesn't work.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Deity

You're too funny.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

But didn't you say this \/

I don't think we can compare Seguin and Turris with Drouin. Neither player refused to report to games and neither asked for a trade the same way he did. Turris asked for more playing time or a trade, and then he agreed to sign a cheap deal so he could be traded easier. Seguin didn't ask to be traded IIRC. I think Drouin situation is much more toxic so it will really limit his value.
    And then this \/

Agreed but there's not much they can do now. You can't keep an idiot like this in the locker room. He will only change his ways on another team.
    I don't remember you saying this \/

I'm confused. I thought you DID NOT like this kid because you called him "TOXIC" and an "IDIOT".

I suppose you did say that "He will only change his ways on another team". I suppose Ottawa can be that team. They did wonders turning Ryan's career around after all. Why not Drouin?

Whether or not his toxicity "Limits his value"? I guess we will soon see if he is infact moved to the Nation's capital.

(Just when I thought this thread was dead... I JUST LANDED DROUIN... so you're welcome for getting the ball rolling again! LOL)

Dobber Sports Padawan

If we get him, I hope it's before the deadline because the kid needs some serious 1-on-1 time with Neil. It'll be like an episode of Scared Straight

EDIT: I'm not sure what's so confusing about what Big Ev said. He says Drouin acted like an idiot, which is true. He says Tampa can't keep him in their locker room at this point, which is probably true. He said maybe a change of scenery would turn it around. OK, yeah, sure. And so he can't also say he'd be happy to let Drouin have a second chance on the Sens? I pretty much agree entirely. If we can get a talent like Drouin for his current low price, I'm all for it.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Legend

Call me crazy but I think Drouin will flourish on Ottawa. He'll be the only forward (other than Hoffman) who can actually handle the puck and make sound decisions on the power play. He'll also be the only player on the roster who has the mind and physical tools to work with Karlsson at his best. Hoffman is good at this and Stone is decent. The other guys just can't match Karlsson's creativity and hockey sense (and I can't stand Ryan and Zibanejad in this regard). They can't set-up on the PP because they force passes and can't feed off of Karlsson's reads. It's often frustrating to watch. I think Drouin will be HUGE in this department - his skill level is absolutely world class. He needs to work on the rest.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Call me crazy but I think Drouin will flourish on Ottawa. He'll be the only forward (other than Hoffman) who can actually handle the puck and make sound decisions on the power play. He'll also be the only player on the roster who has the mind and physical tools to work with Karlsson at his best. Hoffman is good at this and Stone is decent. The other guys just can't match Karlsson's creativity and hockey sense (and I can't stand Ryan and Zibanejad in this regard). They can't set-up on the PP because they force passes and can't feed off of Karlsson's reads. It's often frustrating to watch. I think Drouin will be HUGE in this department - his skill level is absolutely world class. He needs to work on the rest.
    Now we're talking. hope he helps my Stone take off down the stretch. But just wish'n and hop'n at this point.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Just ship him to the wings to say you are sorry for Kyle Quincey and we will call it even.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by fuji9991 View Post
    Just ship him to the wings to say you are sorry for Kyle Quincey and we will call it even.
    It was Quincey for Vasilevskiy essentially lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It was Quincey for Vasilevskiy essentially lol.
    DAAAAAAMN! ouch!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    DAAAAAAMN! ouch!
    lol, oh wait. Cry.....