Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Drouin traded in the next 24 hours?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Drouin traded in the next 24 hours?

TBL played the Sens 4times last yr. So it’s a difference of 3 games if they trade him to out west maximum, but more than likely 2 games.

If the offer is better to trade Drouin to an eastern team, why would you not with the way the schedules work out now? You’re going to sacrifice 82games worth of better talent because of a 2 game difference from a Western team vs an Eastern team?

If the offer is the same, ya trade him west.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Front89 View Post
    I think the examples of Turris and Seguin are giving Yzerman pause more than wanting to "teach Drouin a lesson" or other similar suspect asset/roster management approaches. The best GM are pragmatists, do not let emotion or personal conflicts interfere with doing what is best for the organization and player(s) and realize they do not set precedent for the entire NHL to the detriment of their own franchise. If Yzerman feels trading Drouin helps TB the most, it will not be because he "caved" to Drouin's evil demands. It will be because the value TB got in return was deemed worth the price of letting Drouin go. And if he keeps Drouin, it will not mean he is going to let Drouin rot in the AHL IMO. It will likely mean he is not getting the value he wants and/or still believes Drouin can help TB succeed.

Yzerman is a smart GM and played himself so he knows how difficult getting a top 6 role on this roster is, how connected opportunity is to success in the development of young talent and how important developing young talent is for TB's present and future. He must understand a player like Drouin is not going to develop like they need him to playing in the AHL or on the 3rd line playing 10-12 mins/game in the NHL. He needs to be put in the top 6 and play with the best talent possible so he can show his full arsenal of skills. We saw this season when he started with Stamkos on the first line/1st PP and got 6 pts in 5 games. We saw in spurts last season when playing with better talent, he can produce as well, but they have to stick with it and not yo-yo him around at the slightest sign of struggle.

Selling a valuable asset like Drouin low can come back to bite the GM in the backside. Turris fought his way out of PHX and has thrived in OTT with a great opportunity to play with the best talent on the team and 1st PP etc. Seguin was sent to Dallas and has thrived in an even bigger way with a great opportunity. Getting the right value is and should be Yzerman's focus right now. If he doesn't, there is still time to see if that changes.
    I don't think we can compare Seguin and Turris with Drouin. Neither player refused to report to games and neither asked for a trade the same way he did. Turris asked for more playing time or a trade, and then he agreed to sign a cheap deal so he could be traded easier. Seguin didn't ask to be traded IIRC. I think Drouin situation is much more toxic so it will really limit his value.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I don't think we can compare Seguin and Turris with Drouin. Neither player refused to report to games and neither asked for a trade the same way he did. Turris asked for more playing time or a trade, and then he agreed to sign a cheap deal so he could be traded easier. Seguin didn't ask to be traded IIRC. I think Drouin situation is much more toxic so it will really limit his value.
    I don't believe the OP is saying that the circumstances are the same, he's just stating that moving a potential star player out because that player is unhappy/underutilized/both can easily backfire on the GM down the road.

I do agree that the Drouin camp has handled this entire thing abysmally from the get-go.

RETIRED

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I don't believe the OP is saying that the circumstances are the same, he's just stating that moving a potential star player out because that player is unhappy/underutilized/both can easily backfire on the GM down the road.

I do agree that the Drouin camp has handled this entire thing abysmally from the get-go.
    Agreed but there's not much they can do now. You can't keep an idiot like this in the locker room. He will only change his ways on another team.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed but there's not much they can do now. You can't keep an idiot like this in the locker room. He will only change his ways on another team.
    Yeah, I agree that he is beyond salvage at this point, and I expect Yzerman himself has no illusions along those lines. Drouin and Walsh didn't just burn his bridges, they blew them up with TNT right down to the pilings.

I'm not sure that Drouin firing Walsh would even be enough to fix things.

IIRC, I believe that the Seguin trade was driven by his relationships in the room being damaged.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Initiate

This is the longest 24 hours in history...

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Ace

They are examples; some of the details may be different, but the end games are the same. If a team sells a young elite talent low because they cause waves, are considered "bad guys", ask for trades etc., it can bite them in the backside. That happened with both Turris and Seguin and could very well happen with Drouin. PHX traded Turris for Rundblad and a 2nd rd pick which was traded in a package for Vermette. Boston got Eriksson, RSmith, Morrow and Fraser. Both Boston and PHX would obviously be better teams if they still had Seguin and Turris.

It can be better to provide the opportunity to the young elite talent and let them develop than trade them away because of some trouble. That is TB's dilemma; do they give Drouin a real consistent opportunity with top talent so he can develop or do they trade him and continue putting their chips on guys like Callahan, Filppula et al. As it becomes clear Stamkos will follow MSL, Vinny and Connolly out the door, it may be time for TB to look to re-aligning their team, but the pressure to be seen as doing everything to win is a strong current to fight.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    This is the longest 24 hours in history...
    On Venus one day is equal to 243 Earth days. Just saying...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Every time I see this thread I think wow, I can't believe 24 hours hasnt past yet

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    Every time I see this thread I think wow, I can't believe 24 hours hasnt past yet
    Just imagine how Walsh must feel. I expect he's saying to himself "God****it, I was sure that would work!"

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    On Venus one day is equal to 243 Earth days. Just saying...
    Well played sir, well played.

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Banned

i've been seeing Drouin to Ottawa rumours are heating up.

I'd be all for him if all we give is one or a combo of: Wiercioch, 1st round 2016, Lazar, any prospect not named Chabot or White, and worst-case -- Zibby

Also somebody on twitter pointed out that the Sens let Wikstrand play in the SHL shortly after Drouin asked for a trade. Maybe the Lightning want him.

Dobber Sports Deity

i've been seeing Drouin to Ottawa rumours are heating up.

I'd be all for him if all we give is one or a combo of: Wiercioch, 1st round 2016, Lazar, any prospect not named Chabot or White, and worst-case -- Zibby

Also somebody on twitter pointed out that the Sens let Wikstrand play in the SHL shortly after Drouin asked for a trade. Maybe the Lightning want him.
    There it is, the warming has begun.......

I've been waiting for this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I expect that the return would have to be pretty good for Drouin not to be traded to a Western Conference club.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Legend

and worst-case -- Zibby
    After his performance last night he should be tasered and placed in a dumpster behind the arena, let alone traded for Drouin.

But, yeah, the signs are pointing to the Sens landing Drouin... and probably sooner than later.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka