Thread: Build a trade for Kessel

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Build a trade for Kessel

I'm at the top of my one-year league right now and would like to make a move for Kessel, since I think he and Pittsburgh are bound to have a better second half of the season than their horrendous first half, and I could stand to improve in G, SOG and PPP. I'm not sure the other owner's thinking on him since it isn't a league where we communicate much, but I'm thinking it would take someone with high name value or else highly performing to get him.

I have:
    Malkin, Giroux, Hall, Barkov, Monahan, Lucic, Wheeler, Larkin, Turris, Komarov, E. Staal, Schwartz, OEL, Phaneuf, Ristolainen, Dubnyk, Anderson, Bobrov.

He has:
    Kessel, MacKinnon, Henrique, Skinner, Patches, J. Williams, Shaw, Jenner, Dubinsky, Zuccarello, Muzzin, Subban, Myers, Klingberg, Ghost, Carlson, Luongo, Mrazek.

Cats are: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT

What I perceive will probably be the price to pay is what concerns me though. He's performing at such a poor pace, I don't think I could ever part with someone like Giroux or Wheeler to nab him. I wonder if something involving Larkin or Barkov might tempt the owner?

The other question... Last year I gave up high performing pieces to acquire Phil mid-season, only to experience some of the worst point droughts of his career. Am I crazy to try it again?
    16-team Yahoo H2H Keeper league / 21 players plus farm (7) - 8 Keepers
    G - A - PPP - SOG - SHP = GWG - +/-
    F: Robertston, Lindholm, Fiala, Konecny, Verhaeghe, Teravainen, Beauvilier, Boeser, Gourde, Barabanov,
    Tolvanen, Maccelli
    D:
    Werenski, Klingberg, Larsson, Walman, Valimaki, Weegar
    G: Markstrom, Merzlikins

Farm: Norris, Lafreniere, Byram, Hayton, Sanderson, Brink, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Build a trade for Kessel

Not knowing the other GM's tendencies, I'll guess that you will need to overpay for Kessel. You might be able to go Larkin+, maybe Barkov+ but Barkov might not be as noticeable of a name outside of a forum like this or Florida. Would probably go a two for two.

As far as your other question, he should turn it around as Pittsburgh turns it around. The team has played well since the start of the new year, minus January 6 game.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Build a trade for Kessel

I'm a Kessel owner (though in a keeper league, granted), and if somebody offered me Barkov I would take it immediately.

I would also consider Larkin + , it has been a rough year for Kessel owners, you may find the other GM surprisingly willing to move him.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!