Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Drouin to STL?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default [Rumor] Drouin to STL?

Jakubec @AJonSports
    Source tells me a deal involving Robby Fabbri for Jonathan Drouin is a serious possibility. https://twitter.com/tbtimes_jsmith/s...61181146857476
    12:59 - 8 Janv 2016 · Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Would STL be a good spot for him? I got to think Shattenkirk would be involved too....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Administrator

Default Re: [Rumor] Drouin to STL?

This just seems like another deal where teams are swapping prospects that disappointed them. Drouin would face similar problems rising through the depth in STL.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

It might make some sense at least short term, given the injuries the Blues have on their forward lines (eg. Jaden Schwartz). He could easily slot in on the top 6 while Schwartz is out.

Drouin has been held back to some degree by the forward depth in T-Bay. But it's going to be up to him in his new home (assuming he is dealt) to prove that he can be a consistent scorer at the NHL level. He hasn't done that yet.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This just seems like another deal where teams are swapping prospects that disappointed them. Drouin would face similar problems rising through the depth in STL.
    Did I miss something? I thought 14 points in 38 games as a 19 year old was pretty decent. How has Fabbri disappointed STL? Are you thinking of Ty Rattie?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Did I miss something? I thought 14 points in 38 games as a 19 year old was pretty decent. How has Fabbri disappointed STL? Are you thinking of Ty Rattie?
    You're right. It still feels like a lateral prospect swap.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Fabbri is ahead of Drouin in his development and has been compared to Zach Parise, so I don't think STL would even want to do a 1 for 1 swap here. Drouin has mad offensive skills, but if he's a defensive liability and his coach doesn't trust him enough to put him on the ice...oh wait, that's what got us here. Never mind.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Fabbri is ahead of Drouin in his development and has been compared to Zach Parise, so I don't think STL would even want to do a 1 for 1 swap here. Drouin has mad offensive skills, but if he's a defensive liability and his coach doesn't trust him enough to put him on the ice...oh wait, that's what got us here. Never mind.
    i always thought schwartz/parise were the better comparible.

for tampa it makes sense, getting rid of a bad situation in drouin for a similar elite level prospect. i dont think fabbri's upside is as high as drouin but he seems better defensively and will likely end up as the better NHL player

i just dont see why stl would do this... i feel like the only thing holding this team back is a legit #1C.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think it would be a good idea for St. Louis to pursue Drouin but I think they'd be giving up too much. I thought they should have pushed hard for Johansen

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Jakubec @AJonSports
    Source tells me a deal involving Robby Fabbri for Jonathan Drouin is a serious possibility. https://twitter.com/tbtimes_jsmith/s...61181146857476
    12:59 - 8 Janv 2016 · Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Would STL be a good spot for him? I got to think Shattenkirk would be involved too....
    I have to agree with this and could see it happening.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't know why St. Louis would want to trade Shattenkirk. Pietrangelo's a good defenseman and Parayko is a good prospect but after that I wouldn't be too confident in the rest of their defense besides Shattenkirk.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i always thought schwartz/parise were the better comparible.

for tampa it makes sense, getting rid of a bad situation in drouin for a similar elite level prospect. i dont think fabbri's upside is as high as drouin but he seems better defensively and will likely end up as the better NHL player

i just dont see why stl would do this... i feel like the only thing holding this team back is a legit #1C.
    Agreed on pretty much all your points. The Parise/Fabbri comparison had to do with Fabbri's "motor" that never stops.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wouldn't Drouin get buried under even more depth in STL?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I just don't see this happening unless it's part of a larger trade. As said above, Fabbri has already installed himself in the NHL...Hitch constantly sings his praises (and rem Hitch doesn't often say much positive about his rookies).

Drouin might have better upside, but Fabbri is the real deal.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

St.Lou likely loses a deal that sends Fabbri away for the maligned Drouin. Can't see Tampa sweetening the deal either.

The Great One

Fabbri has much more value than Drouin at this point.

Shattenkirk is a pipe-dream, imo.

I don't know what St. Louis would be willing to give up for Drouin, but I doubt it is either of those two players. If it is, then that is an awesome deal for Tampa.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98