Thread: FanBall.com???

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default FanBall.com???

Anyone out there using or has heard of this site. My current TQ Stats site was taken over by this FanBall group and I know nothing about them. Are they any good, reliable etc?
    :angry:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default FanBall.com???

Not sure how good they are but they couldn\'t possibly be any worse then TQstats. We basically did all our own stats last year for our hockey league because the TQ guys couldn\'t get anything right all year.

I\'m elated that hopefully someone else is going to be heading things up over there.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default FanBall.com???

I agree, TQ was not very willing to accomodate our league, so I am hoping this one offers a little more in the way of tailoring to our needs. The one big plus for me so far is the private messaging \'delete\' button option. You could only delete messages one at a time with TQ, and while that doesn\'t make or break the pool site, it is a big pet peeve of mine, which seems to have been addressed. Truth is, it can only get better, so I am looking forward to it.

Puck
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default FanBall.com???

their numbers / geek crew can only improve on the editorial content: for what it\'s worth, fanball released this \"nhl newsbreakers\" item today:

Aug 27, 2008 06:56 PM CDT

Canucks will trade Gomez or Drury to add Sundin

The News

As we continue to track the courting of Mats Sundin, reports out of Vancouver indicate the Canucks are prepared to jettison either Chris Drury or Scott Gomez to make room under the salary cap should Sundin choose to come back to hockey for one more season and do so in a Vancouver uniform, according to the Ottawa Sun.

Our View

If Sundin had announced his intentions to play earlier this preseason, teams may have made moves to clear financial space for Sundin. As it stands, the teams that are actually capable of making him an offer is limited due to the length of time the future Hall of Famer is taking just to decide to between returning and retirement. Two teams still voicing public interest despite a lack of cap space are Philadelphia and New York, but neither has been rumored to be seeking trade options should Sundin choose to join their rosters.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default FanBall.com???

i used to use fanball back in the day... they were really up to date with their stuff... but then they tried to start making me pay for stuff so i told them to shove it.
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

I...am your father.

Default FanBall.com???

I can\'t wait to see if the Canucks will jettison Drury or Gomez. That will be amazing. So they\'ll actually fly down to New York, grab either Drury or Gomez, and throw him off of the Rangers roster?
    I think it will be Drury. What a great idea to allow organizations to clear up cap space by actually getting rid of players from other teams!
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default FanBall.com???

For the other prospective users of the FanBall website. Here is a quote from them regarding changing or modifying stats and or categories:

Quote \"If your league uses rules that are no longer supported, you will need to modify your league\'s rules based on the available features or, unfortunately, select another league manager service provider. Although we will prompt for payment during your league renewal, we will not bill your credit card until Monday, October 6, 2008. In the event that Fanball Commissioner NHL does not meet your fantasy hockey league\'s needs, you may cancel your renewal at any time prior to October 6, and you will not be charged.

This statement answers my question so don\'t use them useless they have what you want for your pool.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default FanBall.com???

I use fanball for my football pool and it\'s been very good. Been using it for about 6 years now. Really like the way it keeps historical stats and high scores. I use the live scoring feature every week.

I\'ll have to check out the hockey, but it doesn\'t sound like it\'s starting out very well (inflexible).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket