Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [waivers] David Rundblad

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [waivers] David Rundblad

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    No joke, Fayne and Nikitin are so much better than Schultz right now.
    I always thought it was weird how the Oilers were willing to pay Schultz but didn't want to keep Petry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I always thought it was weird how the Oilers were willing to pay Schultz but didn't want to keep Petry
    I think there was more to the story than we know. I wouldn't be surprised if Petry informed the Oilers he didn't want to come back and was walking at the end of the year before he was dealt.

Can say I'd blame him if that was the case either. He was one of the few bright spots in the Oilers backend and they kept signing him to one year deals.

I think Petry had enough of the BS and wanted out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think there was more to the story than we know. I wouldn't be surprised if Petry informed the Oilers he didn't want to come back and was walking at the end of the year before he was dealt.

Can say I'd blame him if that was the case either. He was one of the few bright spots in the Oilers backend and they kept signing him to one year deals.

I think Petry had enough of the BS and wanted out.
    I wish I remember where I read it but I remember Petry saying he wanted a long term deal but the Oilers would only give him a 1 year. I wouldn't be surprised if, like you said, eventually he was just done with the Oilers and wanted to go somewhere else

Banned

Ottawa will claim him if nobody else does with ceci injured

Dobber Sports Master

from an islanders angle he could bump Strait out of the lineup and perhaps give isles some trade options with regards to Hamonic situation

Dobber Sports Genius

I think for almost any team it would be worth claiming him. It's not like it would cost anything

Administrator

I think for almost any team it would be worth claiming him. It's not like it would cost anything
    Some teams are worried about number of contracts.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Some teams are worried about number of contracts.
    True. How many more years are left on Rundblad's contract

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    That second year of the deal might be a problem for teams. If there was only a one year commitment then I think more team might take a chance on him.
    I agree. 1 M this year and next.

Rundblad is very poor defensively and every game makes gaffes which lead to prime scoring chances for his opponents. That kind of play is not tolerated on the Hawks. Rundblad has more talent than 3rd pairing dmen Rosival and Scuderi but those guys play the safe, defensive game that Q wants. Rundblad does fairly well on the powerplay and does a good job of getting his slapshot through.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I agree. 1 M this year and next.

Rundblad is very poor defensively and every game makes gaffes which lead to prime scoring chances for his opponents. That kind of play is not tolerated on the Hawks. Rundblad has more talent than 3rd pairing dmen Rosival and Scuderi but those guys play the safe, defensive game that Q wants. Rundblad does fairly well on the powerplay and does a good job of getting his slapshot through.
    For only $1 million though, teams with some cap space should have no problem picking him up

Dobber Sports Sage

For only $1 million though, teams with some cap space should have no problem picking him up
    I hope so. Many in Hawk Nation were unhappy with his resigning this offseason. Personally, I gave Bowman the benefit of the doubt with the signing but I have seen enough this year to realize that the Hawks were a worse team when he was on the ice. Not sure how much cap space his claiming would equate to but if it helps the Hawks get a more expensive rental at the deadline I am all for it.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

I hope so. Many in Hawk Nation were unhappy with his resigning this offseason. Personally, I gave Bowman the benefit of the doubt with the signing but I have seen enough this year to realize that the Hawks were a worse team when he was on the ice. Not sure how much cap space his claiming would equate to but if it helps the Hawks get a more expensive rental at the deadline I am all for it.
    I would assume that if he gets claimed, the Hawks save about 1 million in cap space

Dobber Sports Sage

I would assume that if he gets claimed, the Hawks save about 1 million in cap space
    I don't know how that equates to available cap space at the deadline especially since his salary cap will be off the books for a couple months before the deadline assuming he gets claimed. Just like the Daley/Scuderi trade reduced the Hawks cap by around 1 M but that will equate to more than that at the trade deadline. I've read from knowledgeable cap guys that the Hawks will be able to acquire a 5-6 M player because of being a couple million under the cap all season and this was before Rundblad was placed on waivers.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't know how that equates to available cap space at the deadline especially since his salary cap will be off the books for a couple months before the deadline assuming he gets claimed. Just like the Daley/Scuderi trade reduced the Hawks cap by around 1 M but that will equate to more than that at the trade deadline. I've read from knowledgeable cap guys that the Hawks will be able to acquire a 5-6 M player because of being a couple million under the cap all season and this was before Rundblad was placed on waivers.
    I've heard the Hawks are targeting a top six winger and have heard Boedker's name a lot. I'm sure they waived Rundblad for extra cap space

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rundblad

Waived by the hawks today..thinking someone will claim him..any thoughts on adding this guy for a J. Schultz say? i know its early but i need a dman baaaadly..waited too long on Ghost and dont want that to happen again.