Thread: Domingue VS Dubnyk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Domingue VS Dubnyk

Hey,
    For the league in my sig I am sitting in first but what once was a 30 point lead is down to 3 over second place. The drop is due mostly to cold spells for Quick and Dubnyk, both of which were keepers last year. I fully realize goalies go thru down spells and I am not over reacting but I have always been a little dubious of Duby. His play last year kept me in and this year he has regressed back down to a more reasonable pace.

With the stat categories we have goalies play a huge role in standings. Having two good goalies is key to any team with championship asparations. I am quite content in holding Duby and Quick for the rest of the year and beyond if need be but to be safe I have picked up a couple of prospects in Vasilevsky and Domingue, on the advice of Dobber.

My question would be how legit are these two both ROS and for the following season. Having the option to trade a Quick or Duby would surely bring back a large haul and perhaps cement my run at the championship this year. I have traded most of my draft picks for lower round ones to assemble roster and they to could use a restock either now or after year.

Could Domingue take over for Smith and be a top 20 goalie ROS and beyond, will Elliot get traded out of TB and open door for Vas and are either capable of being as valuable as what I have considering what I could get in return for an established starter
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    G A +/- SOG PPP FOW HITS BLKS PIM
    W GA GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    10 Keepers
    F- Kopitar Kesler Thornton Benn Draisital Pacioretty Kuznetsov Backes D.Sedin Ryan Burakovsky
    D- Subban Faulk Byfuglien DeHann Martinez Trouba
    G- Halak Dubnyk Talbot
    BN- Bjugstad Dubinsky Ryan Gudas Tanev Hanzal Marleau

12 Team H2H
    B- H/AB R H HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP
    P - IP W HLD SV K ERA WHIP K/9

B: Hosmer Donaldson Correa Trout Harper Heyward Sano Weiters Duffy Pillar Incarte Hernandez Realmuto Peraza Alvarez Span
    P: Cole Sale Fernandez Cueto Hamels Robertson Giles Wilson Colome Watson Samardzija Bauer Knebel
    F: Turner Travis Margot Stephenson Gouirrel Jr

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Domingue VS Dubnyk

What it boils down to is Dubnyk vs Domingue.

Dubnyk I'm not a believer in, always thought he was a slightly above average goalie. Last year, was a complete anolomy. Was not buying into last year's hype one bit.

Domingue has played a total of 3 games. 3. Let's not put the cart infront of the horse.

Phoenix team isn't very good, and they wont get you a ton of wins. Smith will (eventually) be back. Even though Smith is horrid.

I'd be inclined to stick with Dubnyk, since Domingue has such a small sample size. We all remember what happened last year with Michael Hutchinson, right?

- - - Updated - - -

What it boils down to is Dubnyk vs Domingue.

Dubnyk I'm not a believer in, always thought he was a slightly above average goalie. Last year, was a complete anolomy. Was not buying into last year's hype one bit.

Domingue has played a total of 3 games. 3. Let's not put the cart infront of the horse.

Phoenix team isn't very good, and they wont get you a ton of wins. Smith will (eventually) be back. Even though Smith is horrid.

I'd be inclined to stick with Dubnyk, since Domingue has such a small sample size. We all remember what happened last year with Michael Hutchinson, right?
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the chances of Domingue becoming a top 20 goalie for the rest of the season are slim at best. We don't even know how often he will start over Lindback.

I assume you are asking about Bishop getting traded and not Elliott like you posted. I think the chances of that happening this year are also pretty slim. I have no doubt that Tampa is looking forward to years of Vasilevskiy steering the ship for them but I don't think they are confident enough in him yet to give it to him.

Ride out Quick and Dubnyk. You would have to be fairly naive to think Dubnyk was going to replicate his last season but that doesn't mean he won't get his starts. Both Quick and Dubnyk play on good teams and the numbers will come around.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd just hold Quick and Dubnyk. I doubt Domingue becomes a key fantasy contributor and its unlikely Vasilevskiy takes over the starting job

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm baffled as to why this is even a question. You are trying to choose between a guy with a grand total of 3 NHL games playing for a bottom team vs. an established starter playing for a top team?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I fully realize Domingue and Vasilevsky are doubtful to become Quick and Duby level this year. The question was more for opinions on the two tenders and their prospects. Domingue only having three games is obviously to small of a sample size granted and I am not rushing to trade my more established goalies merely asking about the possibility. As it would be extremely beneficial, and while it is outlandish to ask about a 3 game run Duby himself was once on the same short run when I acquired him for spare parts so it is not impossible for a goalie to get hot and surprise. But sure, very unlikely absolutely.

Appreciate the response, basically confirmed what I thought already but happy to get some opinions on the young guys.
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    G A +/- SOG PPP FOW HITS BLKS PIM
    W GA GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    10 Keepers
    F- Kopitar Kesler Thornton Benn Draisital Pacioretty Kuznetsov Backes D.Sedin Ryan Burakovsky
    D- Subban Faulk Byfuglien DeHann Martinez Trouba
    G- Halak Dubnyk Talbot
    BN- Bjugstad Dubinsky Ryan Gudas Tanev Hanzal Marleau

12 Team H2H
    B- H/AB R H HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP
    P - IP W HLD SV K ERA WHIP K/9

B: Hosmer Donaldson Correa Trout Harper Heyward Sano Weiters Duffy Pillar Incarte Hernandez Realmuto Peraza Alvarez Span
    P: Cole Sale Fernandez Cueto Hamels Robertson Giles Wilson Colome Watson Samardzija Bauer Knebel
    F: Turner Travis Margot Stephenson Gouirrel Jr