Thread: why no love for Luongo

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default why no love for Luongo

He barely mentions a nod on the daily ramblings...in my league I offered him for Wheeler straight up and was told "sorry, not even close"....it seems like everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop with the guy but after about 1/3 of the season, you sort of are what you are...unfortunately for me an other Crosby owners i think it's a good axiom.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: why no love for Luongo

I would say it's the legacy of Florida being awful. They're decent this year and Luongo has been doing well but most people still see him as at best a second-third goalie. Even you don't see him as one of your top goalies since you're trying to trade him.

Dobber Sports Sage

He's old. People dont want to trade for a 36 yr old goalie.

Administrator

Lots of players get coverage that isn't in line with their true value. It's a reflection of their "popularity" and helps identify buy-low and sell-high opportunities. If you try to sell Luongo I doubt you'll ever get fair value in return. If you really want to deal a goalie I'd look at moving someone else and keep Luongo as an underrated productive goalie.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by zeptowl View Post
    I would say it's the legacy of Florida being awful. They're decent this year and Luongo has been doing well but most people still see him as at best a second-third goalie. Even you don't see him as one of your top goalies since you're trying to trade him.
    He's actually my best goalie right now until Bobrovsky gets back. But, you have to give to get in a fair deal I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Lots of players get coverage that isn't in line with their true value. It's a reflection of their "popularity" and helps identify buy-low and sell-high opportunities. If you try to sell Luongo I doubt you'll ever get fair value in return. If you really want to deal a goalie I'd look at moving someone else and keep Luongo as an underrated productive goalie.
    Eric, you're absolutely right about holding onto him. Plus, i keep his gaa and sv pct away from the competition.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Because Florida. Saw the same thing with Tomas Vokoun.

Administrator

Too many folks take it personally when a guy plays well but doesn't get his tires pumped in the ramblings. Luongo got hyped up big time last week.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

nah...it's not just that metaldude26...it's the fact that I can't move him in my league either. There are guys running Anders Nilsson and Cam Ward as their second goalies who have had said they aren't interested. As I noted above, when I asked for Wheeler straight up I was told it wasn't even close. I think, that for some reason, he is tied to or reminds people of Ryan Miller as kooky as that sounds.

Administrator

You can't control what other people think and it takes two to complete a trade. But those same people have weaknesses with other players.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Had a similar issue in a limited keeper this summer. Inherited a keep 5 team with 3 kept goalies (Rask, Crow, Fleury). Nobody wanted to give me what I saw as full value for any of them, so I held pat. Haven't had a bad week for my G stats all season because of it, but it has meant I've needed to change my strategy for drafting and the waiver wire.

My point here is, if your fellow GMs won't give what you see as value, hold your cards and let an otherwise productive player ride the pine for your team and look at other ways to win.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Initiate

all great points.