Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 World Junior Championship Pool

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: 2016 World Junior Championship Pool

I for one am shocked I am tied for fourth. I thought most of my guys did horrible yesterday except for Finland. Guess that was enough.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I for one am shocked I am tied for fourth. I thought most of my guys did horrible yesterday except for Finland. Guess that was enough.
    You and me both.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

I have like every American player and their goalie. How am I that low?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    you picked one line from their team, which many other people did as well. so the difference lies in the rest of your picks, most of which were pretty awful last night. and Guryanov was cut because of the cross check vs Denmark.

Dobber Sports Stud

...You have 4 of Canada's D? What? That's interesting... but asides from that...

Short version - A. Nylander (14), Timashov (5), Puljujarvi (22) ad Aho-F (10) got 3 points, so the few teams who have 3 or 4 are having a good time (including current #1).

And as for your USA guys, Dvorak (23), Milano (23) are on most rosters, while White (15) is on a fair amount of them. Add that Tkachuk (20 for 2 points) is also o a bunch of rosters (but not on yours) and that's another bunch floating around. You're almost the only person without Werenski (35/37) in the pool, who got 2 points (so that's +2 to everyone but you).

In the goalie department, Samsonov was most picked (but got nothing, so at least we're 29 unhappy Samsonov pickers), followed by Soderstrom (10 people, 2 points).

Apart from that, it's just a question of who you loaded up on. Canada didn't score many points yesturday (and 2 of the 5 points allocated are to 2 captains - Marner or Strome), so that won't be a deal breaker. Most of USA's points went to guys on 20 or more teams (although White got 2, and Matthews got 2, but Matthews as a Captain is against Nylander, Marner, Strome and Rantanen who all got 1, and Zacha who got nothing), while a big chunk of Sweden's (Petterson with 3, Timashov with 3, Carlsson with 2, Soderstrom with 2, Holmstrom with 2) were on 10 teams or less.

And for Finland, well, Aho is on 10 teams, and Juolevi is on 16 (3 and 2 points, respectively).

So basically - loading up on USA give many players the same points. The lead is going to those who have the right Swedes (to start) and got a few key Finn's, with the lucky 1 pointers here and there. I'm sure that if Canada gets a big game and Sweden keeps rolling that the landscape will keep changing (17 Canadians and 18 Swedes picked at least once).

(Note - I guess that was not so short! and my N key is wonkey, so apologies in advance for N-related typos)
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quite pleased with the start for my squad, but let's see how it shakes out around quarter final time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    ...You have 4 of Canada's D? What? That's interesting... but asides from that...

Short version - A. Nylander (14), Timashov (5), Puljujarvi (22) ad Aho-F (10) got 3 points, so the few teams who have 3 or 4 are having a good time (including current #1).

And as for your USA guys, Dvorak (23), Milano (23) are on most rosters, while White (15) is on a fair amount of them. Add that Tkachuk (20 for 2 points) is also o a bunch of rosters (but not on yours) and that's another bunch floating around. You're almost the only person without Werenski (35/37) in the pool, who got 2 points (so that's +2 to everyone but you).

In the goalie department, Samsonov was most picked (but got nothing, so at least we're 29 unhappy Samsonov pickers), followed by Soderstrom (10 people, 2 points).

Apart from that, it's just a question of who you loaded up on. Canada didn't score many points yesturday (and 2 of the 5 points allocated are to 2 captains - Marner or Strome), so that won't be a deal breaker. Most of USA's points went to guys on 20 or more teams (although White got 2, and Matthews got 2, but Matthews as a Captain is against Nylander, Marner, Strome and Rantanen who all got 1, and Zacha who got nothing), while a big chunk of Sweden's (Petterson with 3, Timashov with 3, Carlsson with 2, Soderstrom with 2, Holmstrom with 2) were on 10 teams or less.

And for Finland, well, Aho is on 10 teams, and Juolevi is on 16 (3 and 2 points, respectively).

So basically - loading up on USA give many players the same points. The lead is going to those who have the right Swedes (to start) and got a few key Finn's, with the lucky 1 pointers here and there. I'm sure that if Canada gets a big game and Sweden keeps rolling that the landscape will keep changing (17 Canadians and 18 Swedes picked at least once).

(Note - I guess that was not so short! and my N key is wonkey, so apologies in advance for N-related typos)
    Haha o know, I was just being dramatic/facetious.

I could be wrong but I did pick Werenski.

Dobber Sports Stud

In my case I am hoping it just a matter of time for the cream to rise to the top
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Stud

Haha o know, I was just being dramatic/facetious.

I could be wrong but I did pick Werenski.
    According to the file your 5 Amerks are White, Dvorak, Milano, Matthews and Nedjelkovic. Your D is Provorov, Jaros, and 4 Canadians.

And I figured you were being dramatic, but hey ;P

EDIT : And side note, literally no points from the games today. The 4 players from the teams playing today got nothing (Meier, Jaros, Goncharov and Ehlers - who isn't even playing in the tournament, by the way), so standings are as is. Tomorrow should show some change though. Easier day for Canada tomorrow against Denmark in the least noteworthy game of the day, as the Czecho-Slovakian rivalry faces up (CZE vs SVK). The other two are for first place in each group, as the Swedes face the US, and Russia plays against Finland.

Busy day.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

Why did I pick Kapanen???

I'm a Forsling victim too!!!

And now I know I wasn't the only one living the Goalie nightmare!

Other than that, I guess I'm good (:

Lets see what happens.

Again, thanks for doing this guys!!!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    According to the file your 5 Amerks are White, Dvorak, Milano, Matthews and Nedjelkovic. Your D is Provorov, Jaros, and 4 Canadians.

And I figured you were being dramatic, but hey ;P

EDIT : And side note, literally no points from the games today. The 4 players from the teams playing today got nothing (Meier, Jaros, Goncharov and Ehlers - who isn't even playing in the tournament, by the way), so standings are as is. Tomorrow should show some change though. Easier day for Canada tomorrow against Denmark in the least noteworthy game of the day, as the Czecho-Slovakian rivalry faces up (CZE vs SVK). The other two are for first place in each group, as the Swedes face the US, and Russia plays against Finland.

Busy day.
    Oh rihgt I did take him out. Now I remember

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post

I'm a Forsling victim too!!!

And now I know I wasn't the only one living the Goalie nightmare!

Other than that, I guess I'm good (:

Lets see what happens.

Again, thanks for doing this guys!!!
    Because for 13 of us it sounded like a good idea at the time...

I was too. Then I swapped him for Timashov (adding Sanheim by removing Barzal due to country and F/D limits). 3 points is nice...

Basically everyone was. Samsonov was picked a ton, but after that it's a real dart contest.

You did win the day 1 goalie sweepstakes with the Finnish SO (1 of 5), and own 2 of the 3 pointers (Pujuljarvi and Nylander), so yeah, that's good.

Same.

You're welcome ;P
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I picked Kapanen as well. I figured as a returnee who is older than most of the other players, there would be a better chance of him being dominant.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Superstar

Because for 13 of us it sounded like a good idea at the time...

I was too. Then I swapped him for Timashov (adding Sanheim by removing Barzal due to country and F/D limits). 3 points is nice...

Basically everyone was. Samsonov was picked a ton, but after that it's a real dart contest.

You did win the day 1 goalie sweepstakes with the Finnish SO (1 of 5), and own 2 of the 3 pointers (Pujuljarvi and Nylander), so yeah, that's good.

Same.

You're welcome ;P

All Good! I love this stuff!

And how about the Danes, first 3 point win for them ever I guess. They may give us some grief tomorrow, loose, pumped and absolutely nothing to lose! The boys better be ready cause this one could be a bit tougher than you would think. Good test.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Kempe in the lineup today for SWE against the USA. Nylander's status questionable whether he will return at any point in the tournament.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A