Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree on one thing..???

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Can we all agree on one thing..???

Can we all agree that Rex Ryan is possibly the most overrated coach in the NFL. ?? His teams in NJ backed into the playoffs those years.. I hope Buffalo gets rid of him cause they re much better than what they show week in and week out.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Administrator

Default Re: Can we all agree on one thing..???

Rex Ryan should either be a colour commentator or a defensive coordinator.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    for a college program

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Padawan

I can only think of a handful of coaches that I'd rather have

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I can only think of a handful of coaches that I'd rather have
    You must have big hands...

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Titan

I think he is a great D-coach, but that team needs a QB before a new coach. RR has done some pretty good things with terrible QBs
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

He is overrated as head coach. But for my money I'd go w/Jeff Fisher as the most overrated. Fisher's offenses are as exciting to watch as paint drying. At least Rex has more flare about his play calling than Mr. Mediocrity himself.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think he is a great D-coach, but that team needs a QB before a new coach. RR has done some pretty good things with terrible QBs
    That QB has the 5th highest QB rating in the league.. Great D-coach? Based on what??

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    That QB has the 5th highest QB rating in the league.. Great D-coach? Based on what??
    It’s all low risk plays. Tyrod isn’t a good QB, he’s just baby’ed.
    195/307 for 63.5%, avgs less than 28 attempts/game. He avgs 17.7/27.9 and 221.7 yards

TT isn’t a good QB. He’s a serviceable QB.

They don't even let him go no huddle yet. He's thrown 16 passes when going no huddle.

He's babied and his numbers reflect it. Take away the run game and he's not special, good, great, whatever you wanna say. He's just another QB, and he's playing better than what he is.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Ots of head coaches are overrated. There aren't very many good ones in the NFL. Most are much better suited as coordinators. I think Rex is probably in the top half of current NFL coaches, but that's more an indictment on current NFL coaches than t is an endorsement of Rex.

Dobber Sports Stud

195/307 for 63.5%, avgs less than 28 attempts/game. He avgs 17.7/27.9 and 221.7 yards

They don't even let him go no huddle yet. He's thrown 16 passes when going no huddle.

He's babied and his numbers reflect it. Take away the run game and he's not special, good, great, whatever you wanna say. He's just another QB, and he's playing better than what he is.
    Those numbers are pretty similar to Russell Wilson.. I guess he is just serviceable as well?

Are you implying that in order to be recognized as more than a serviceable qb you have to go "no huddle"?

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    He's not even that good of a defensive coordinator...the Bills defense has regressed significantly this season with the same personnel. The defensive personnel is better than they were a year ago, but Sexy Rexy thinks you're better off dropping Williams and Dareus into pass coverage than rushing the QB...because that makes a lot of sense.

He doesn't hold his players accountable and they play sloppy football and make repeated mistakes that wouldn't be acceptable at the high school level. He needs to go, but he won't...there are too many financial obligations with his contract to terminate and pay another coach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    He is overrated as head coach. But for my money I'd go w/Jeff Fisher as the most overrated. Fisher's offenses are as exciting to watch as paint drying. At least Rex has more flare about his play calling than Mr. Mediocrity himself.
    I cry myself to sleep at night realizing my two favourite teams are the Bills and the Rams...

I gotta disagree here. Sure they pick and choose their spots to chuck it, after all it is a run based offense under Rex. But they're by no means babying taylor. It's his first year as a starter let alone under this system, and he's got much better downfield accuracy than any Bills QB of late. Why does Andrew Luck get a pass on all those INTs, and Cam is allowed to grow and develop as a passer, but we're casting Taylor aside after just 13 NFL starts?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I gotta disagree here. Sure they pick and choose their spots to chuck it, after all it is a run based offense under Rex. But they're by no means babying taylor. It's his first year as a starter let alone under this system, and he's got much better downfield accuracy than any Bills QB of late. Why does Andrew Luck get a pass on all those INTs, and Cam is allowed to grow and develop as a passer, but we're casting Taylor aside after just 13 NFL starts?
    As i am not a fan of Luck only because i'm a skins fan and the whole RG3 vs Luck draft. But, with no ground game really besides this yr, and that only started being OK when Luck was obviously hurting, D play a pass heavy d. I do not like the whole 50passes per game aspect teams do, and it just seemed like Indy was doing that and abandoning the run way to early in games. Just makes being a Qb difficult. This yr should really be a write off for Lucks performance, but i think his hype is based off fantasy production, which helps when you throw it 50times and no RB stealing TD points. He is a solid developing talent tho.

Cam Newton. He's done a lot with pieces where no one really cared about. He's a guy that knows how to win.

Buffalo has played like 5 games against teams over 500, and they've only beat the Jets (1 of the games Tyrod didn't play). Honestly I don't see Tyrod as a good QB yet. He's done well in a safe system (be nice to see how many 20+ yards throws he's had that have been off play-action. Still has to make the pass, but its based off the run game). His most impressive game to me was when he played KC.

I only see him as a QB that's playing in a system to protect him. All new QBs have it, Cousins is running the same system thought. Even Wilson was under the same "run develops the pass" thinking until Lynch went out. Right now, i see Tyrod as a sub 15QB. I'd like to have a few of the young guys even over him (Bortles, Carr, Winston, Mariota)

As i am not a fan of Luck only because i'm a skins fan and the whole RG3 vs Luck draft. But, with no ground game really besides this yr, and that only started being OK when Luck was obviously hurting, D play a pass heavy d. I do not like the whole 50passes per game aspect teams do, and it just seemed like Indy was doing that and abandoning the run way to early in games. Just makes being a Qb difficult. This yr should really be a write off for Lucks performance, but i think his hype is based off fantasy production, which helps when you throw it 50times and no RB stealing TD points. He is a solid developing talent tho.

Cam Newton. He's done a lot with pieces where no one really cared about. He's a guy that knows how to win.

Buffalo has played like 5 games against teams over 500, and they've only beat the Jets (1 of the games Tyrod didn't play). Honestly I don't see Tyrod as a good QB yet. He's done well in a safe system (be nice to see how many 20+ yards throws he's had that have been off play-action. Still has to make the pass, but its based off the run game). His most impressive game to me was when he played KC.

I only see him as a QB that's playing in a system to protect him. All new QBs have it, Cousins is running the same system thought. Even Wilson was under the same "run develops the pass" thinking until Lynch went out. Right now, i see Tyrod as a sub 15QB. I'd like to have a few of the young guys even over him (Bortles, Carr, Winston, Mariota)
    Oh, well, no doubt there QBs better than him. Although as far Bortles is concerned I'm not too sure. Kid can't read a defense for squat. Regardless, I would admit that Taylor will have more success as a system QB ala Russell Wilson than as true pocket passer.
    @SmittysRant