Thread: Good trade fro me?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Good trade for me?

There's an owner who's desperate for goalie starts, and I have Rask on the bench a lot. I bet he'd take this deal if I offer it, but I'm wondering if I'm giving up too much... just shuffling an no real advantage.

My Rask, Nyquist and Oshie for his Howard, Yandle and Pavelski

I figure that I'll still get quality starts from Howard when I need the odd one, but he gets Rask, who figures to get a lot more starts. I'm tired of waiting for Nyquill to break out, and Oshie is not a lot to give up since I have OV and Kuzy. I'd get a good fourth D in Yandle, and Pavs certainly is an upgrade.

What do you think? I think I can get a trade done... just wondering if I'm giving up too much. He also has Crosby, Zetterberg, MacKinnon and Vatanen, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Good trade fro me?

I don't think this is too much at all. You're getting one of the best fantasy hockey players in multi-cat leagues in Pavelski. Good deal if you can pull it off.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like that deal for you. It may be selling low on Rask but as you mention you don't really need him.

I see it as a bunch of noise whereby you end up moving Rask for Pavelski, who is a fantastic and underrated fantasy option. Do you start 3 or 4 D? If 4 it's great to add another D-man in Yandle, although I don't love his value on the Rangers.

Try and make the deal if you can. .
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Stud

I just sent the deal over. We will see. I do hate selling low on Rask, but I think with Holtby and Jones, as long as they don't get hurt, I'm good with getting Howard back in return. We start 4 D's so there have been plenty of nights when I've benched Nyquist or Oshie, and I'd get those starts back from Yandle. So yeah, it seems reasonable. I'm the Commish, so I don't want to totally fleece this owner. I think it's arguably a win-win since he has not made his minimum goalie starts two of the last three weeks. Rask will get more starts than Howard, one would think.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I didn't consider... he also has Vatanen. Would that have been a better ask than Yandle? He seems to be heating up, although right now his stats are not as good. It's not too late for me to void the deal and say I had a brain fart, then ask for Vats instead.
    IR+

Dobber Sports Stud

I think it's a good deal for you. You're selling low on Rask but he is what is for this season IMO, and a trade like this is how you'd use him I would think.

In all honestly as a Pavelski owner (and owner of Yandle/Vatanen last season), I'd have a hard time giving up Pavelski in your league format for what you are offering. It'd be a reject for me, Yandle or Vatanen.

A lot of the time owners can tell when you're just trying to package the 2 or 3 guys on the end of your bench to get one of their studs.
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström

Dobber Sports Stud

Well, yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to do! Nyquist and Oshie are at the end of my bench and quite replaceable. I'm just counting on this owner's desire to get a full-fledged starter in goal, and Rask has the name recognition to get that done, I hope. We'll see what happens - I think it's 60/40 that the trade gets accepted. If not, I will try Thornton in place of one of those 2 F's. Might even give up Panarin if I have to... he seems to have cooled off a bit. Getting Pavs would be a real boost.

This is the same owner who dropped Datsyuk the other day... I was able to nab him with the #10 waiver position. I'm either a genius or the other 9 owners know something I don't, and I'm a total moron.
    IR+

Dobber Sports Stud

Trade accepted! Rask, Nyquill and Oshie for Howard, Pavelski and Yandle. As long as none of the other owners pitch a fit, it will happen. I think I made a good deal.
    IR+