Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Benn for Karlsson and Ehlers?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Benn for Karlsson and Ehlers?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    naw wouldn't even consider that one. A 60 point and 50 point forward is not enough iMO
    You're right that its not enough, but Kuzy looks like he could be at least a 70 point player this season. Larkin is a star in the making too. I'd love both on my team, but not at the expense of Benn. Thanks for the input!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier LaFlamme View Post
    What makes you think Benn will "regress" but Karlsson won't?

Not true at all. There are plenty of other D-men in the league that come close to Karlsson's numbers. Last year, Burns, Subban, Wideman, Josi, & Carlson all came within 10 points. The exact same amount of forwards came within 10 points of Benn as well.

You could argue that they are just as valuable for their position, however, in the OP's league, here are the numbers.

Current point totals:
    Benn - 138
    Karlsson - 96

Last years totals:
    Benn - 300
    Karlsson - 235

Point being, I don't want to debate against Karlsson's value. He's an elite superstar. However, when dealing a player like Benn (and Karlsson for that matter), I think the opposing team should always have to overpay, especially in a dynasty. This is why I suggested he deal for a bit of a "lesser" name on D, and dangle a player like Kopitar.

Just my opinion. Good talking hockey with ya, man!
    Great breakdown Xavier!
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Deity

The fact that Benn is currently has the fourth highest shooting% in the league (if I am not mistaken. I know they showed the league leaders last night on Sportsnet during the Oilers game) certainly bodes for a bit of a regression. He's currently at something close to 25% for his shooting%.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The fact that Benn is currently has the fourth highest shooting% in the league (if I am not mistaken. I know they showed the league leaders last night on Sportsnet during the Oilers game) certainly bodes for a bit of a regression. He's currently at something close to 25% for his shooting%.
    Yeah it's fairly unlikely that he'll put up 60 goals and 125 points - which he's pacing for. That said, 50 and 100 is within reach with the amount of goals Dallas scores and the dominance that he's been showing thus far.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

And it just keeps getting more interesting. Offer has been upped to Karlsson, Ehlers and Marner for Benn and Colin Miller. Yikes!

Adding Marner is very interesting as he could be a superstar in a few years, or can be shopped for a legit asset of today. My league will often overvalue prospects, so a player like Marner has some real value on the open market.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier LaFlamme View Post
    What makes you think Benn will "regress" but Karlsson won't?

Not true at all. There are plenty of other D-men in the league that come close to Karlsson's numbers. Last year, Burns, Subban, Wideman, Josi, & Carlson all came within 10 points. The exact same amount of forwards came within 10 points of Benn as well.

You could argue that they are just as valuable for their position, however, in the OP's league, here are the numbers.

Current point totals:
    Benn - 138
    Karlsson - 96

Last years totals:
    Benn - 300
    Karlsson - 235

Point being, I don't want to debate against Karlsson's value. He's an elite superstar. However, when dealing a player like Benn (and Karlsson for that matter), I think the opposing team should always have to overpay, especially in a dynasty. This is why I suggested he deal for a bit of a "lesser" name on D, and dangle a player like Kopitar.

Just my opinion. Good talking hockey with ya, man!
    Agreed, good discussion. But again, the forward will always have more points than the D and they will always look better in comparison. But Karlsson is a Top 5 player almost every year in any league with positions.

I think Karlsson will regress a bit, but I expect him to finish with 82 points.

Also last year Karlsson got off to a slow start which is why there were D closer to him than usual. Right now he's the cream of the crop. Klingberg is good but is more of a product of the team situation which could change year to year.

Will Benn get 100? If not he will not be scoring a lot in the second half.

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok. I know I keep blowing you guys up, but its not EK and T. Johnson for Benn. This feels like its a win for me now... am I right?

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Just to close the book on this.. I ended up making the deal. Jamie Benn for Erik Karlsson, Nik Ehlers, a lotto pick, a 2nd and a 3rd.

Very tough to move Benn but I'm excited to have such a rare breed on the squad

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's a pretty nice haul for Benn...good work.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion