Thread: Start of a Rebuild?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Start of a Rebuild?

Team in signature, I have been a contender the past few years, but haven't had a great start in my league, my forward corps has gotten old, so was looking to start a rebuild. I just got offered:

O Lindberg & D Pouliot for Thornton & B Richards

Is Lindberg the real deal? I pretty much look at this deal as Lindberg and Pouliot for Thornton, is that enough? Some of the other forwards he has that I would be interested in are Lindholm (awful start) and Ehlers (who I doubt he gives up)
    20 team H2H keeper, 25 players
    Stats Used: G,A, PPP ,+ -, GWG, SHG, SOG, FW GP, W, SV%, GAA, SO (2 starts per week to qualify)
    C - Start 4 - Crosby, Kopitar, Malkin, Hayes, backlund
    W- Start 8 - Kaprizov, Ovechkin, , seguin (c/w), Toffoli, Pavelski (c/w), Schenn(c/w), Compher, Saad, palat, Danforth
    D- Start 6 Josi, Nurse, Trouba, burns, McCabb, Faulk, walman, Larson
    G- Start 2 - hellebuyck, vasilevsky, Grubauer, A Hill

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Start of a Rebuild?

Lindberg is probably a 40 pt 3rd line player (at best). I would ask the other owner to substitute Lindholm for Lindberg. You want top end youth not depth players, which Lindberg will be.
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

The Great One

I think you can get more from a contender I like Pouilot but can't see him coming up this year now and I think Lindberg is hitting his heights so you are buying high with not much more potential

what other young players does he have at other positions?

The Great One

You definitely want Lindholm over Lindberg. As for rebuilding, you are pretty stacked on D with young guys. I'd be looking hard at your goaltenders. Can you make a play for Hellbucyk or Vasilevski or something like that?