Thread: Help me construct a trade. (Rep)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Help me construct a trade. (Rep)

Its my first year in this long standing league and through some savvy moves I've managed to acquire some decent keepers. My two weak spots being maybe Yandle and Schwartz(although I want to see how he can continue to grow with Tank).

So I'm looking to package Nyquist with either Schwartz or Yandle to upgrade those positions.. Who would be some good targets that I wouldn't be overpaying too much for? (I'm trying to acquire good players in their early to mid 20's)

Some names that come to mind are:
    Josi, OEL, Carlson, Klingberg, Subban, Gaudreau, Landeskog, Patches, Forsberg, Barrie, Faulk, Hedman...

Almost all those guys seem to have similar ceilings as best I can tell in regard to their positions..
    (Also thought about offering Nyquist for Ekblad, and moving Yandle elsewhere.. Would Ekblad be a good keeper?)

Who would you guys target? (Personally a big fan of Josi, but that's just from watching him terrorize my blackhawks in the first round last year)
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Cash League, Daily Line Set Keep ANY 5.
    G-5, A-3, PPP-1, SHP-2, SOG-.4, HIT-.3, BLK-.5, FOW-.1, FOL-(-.065).
    W-6, SO-4, SV-.25, GA-(-1.25), L-(-1).

[2]C: Matthews, Kempe(RW)
    [2]LW: Svech(RW), Batherson(RW),
    [2]RW: Rantanen, Nichushkin(LW)

[4]D: Dahlin, Carlson, Toews, Krug

[2]G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

[4]B: Ingram(G), Wedgewood(G), McTavish(C/LW), Moore(LW/RW),

[2]IR+: Theodore(D)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Help me construct a trade. (Rep)

All the names you listed above would be players that you want to own on your fantasy team. I won't try to put one in front of another, because it all depends on what you give up for that player.

Having said that, I don't think you'll want to trade Schwartz right now. You won't get full market value for a player who is going to be out of the lineup for another two months, especially for a team that is trying to win it all this season.

How I would probably do this is put the players you are interested in trading on your league's trading block, and say that you're targeting a LW, because that seems to be your weakest position at the moment. You'll get a good idea which owners are willing to deal and thus what they have that you might be interested in. You can also look at other rosters and send trade requests, but you're more likely to get a favorable response if you address their team needs in your deal.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Help me construct a trade. (Rep)

Quote Originally Posted by gooding74 View Post
    All the names you listed above would be players that you want to own on your fantasy team. I won't try to put one in front of another, because it all depends on what you give up for that player.

Having said that, I don't think you'll want to trade Schwartz right now. You won't get full market value for a player who is going to be out of the lineup for another two months, especially for a team that is trying to win it all this season.

How I would probably do this is put the players you are interested in trading on your league's trading block, and say that you're targeting a LW, because that seems to be your weakest position at the moment. You'll get a good idea which owners are willing to deal and thus what they have that you might be interested in. You can also look at other rosters and send trade requests, but you're more likely to get a favorable response if you address their team needs in your deal.
    I'm definitely not trying to win it all this season. Just looking for advice. I agree Schwartz has low value right now, and that LW is probably my weakest link. I will update my trade block, thanks for the input.

I was mostly looking at if any of those players jump out on the list.. (I know Subban does, but outside of that they all seem pretty even to me)

Thanks again.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Cash League, Daily Line Set Keep ANY 5.
    G-5, A-3, PPP-1, SHP-2, SOG-.4, HIT-.3, BLK-.5, FOW-.1, FOL-(-.065).
    W-6, SO-4, SV-.25, GA-(-1.25), L-(-1).

[2]C: Matthews, Kempe(RW)
    [2]LW: Svech(RW), Batherson(RW),
    [2]RW: Rantanen, Nichushkin(LW)

[4]D: Dahlin, Carlson, Toews, Krug

[2]G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

[4]B: Ingram(G), Wedgewood(G), McTavish(C/LW), Moore(LW/RW),

[2]IR+: Theodore(D)