Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kadri on waivers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Kadri on waivers

Think I should take a run at Kadri? His numbers haven't been great this year, but he's been pretty snake bitten (1.4% shooting percentage and a 5.81 5v5 shooting %)

It'd likely have to drop Stralman to pick him up and it would cost me my #3 priority sequence on the wire.

I can afford to drop a D, since we start 4 and I currently have Letang, Buff, Gio, Ghost, Kronwall and DeAngelo. And of course Stralman

Thoughts for Kadri as the year progresses?
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Kadri on waivers

I'll take the silence as a collective "meh" on Kadri.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Since your league doesn't count goals or SOG, I don't see him as a big upgrade for anyone on your squad-- maybe Palmieri or one of your weaker d-men (don't know how many you need) but it's a wash....

Dobber Sports Sage

I picked him up off waivers last week. Either Dobber or Laidlaw was touting him as a good waiver claim so I thought I'd take a chance. Granted, I can use some more FWs so that will help.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

I would be more excited about Kadri if he had a supporting cast around him. I keep hearing that Kadri is playing well its just not going his way, on the other side of the coin Ive heard that he keeps taking low qualitty shots ect. If I were you I would go for him, he has the upside and if things start going his way it can pay off dividends in a big way. Good Luck

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys.. He's certainly shown the ability to produce at a good clip in the past, but you're all right.. Toronto lacks a supporting cast so I'd likely just be grabbing him in the hopes it comes together for the future, or to maybe parlay him into a deal.

He'll certainly hold more trade value than Stralman

I don't think he'll get through waivers or I'd wait a few days and grab him. This is a tickler!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Meh, wait for him to clear waivers. If he does, it was meant to be, if not, likely not a big loss. I just don't think I'd burn a #3 waiver on Kadri.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Meh, wait for him to clear waivers. If he does, it was meant to be, if not, likely not a big loss. I just don't think I'd burn a #3 waiver on Kadri.
    Agree with this.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Agreed! I'll hold off and let someone else burn a claim

Nice teamwork everyone

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dont' want to make a totally new thread just to voice my frustration but damn! I've owned this guy for 11 games now and at the time when I picked him up he was already considered to be snake-bitten, and he only has 2 assists in that entire time!

What is encouraging is his shot totals are insanely high, and in my league his fantasy point production is better than a lot of guys that have more points than him like Henrik Sedin. Just want to see some points (goals preferably) up on the board for once!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Dont' want to make a totally new thread just to voice my frustration but damn! I've owned this guy for 11 games now and at the time when I picked him up he was already considered to be snake-bitten, and he only has 2 assists in that entire time!

What is encouraging is his shot totals are insanely high, and in my league his fantasy point production is better than a lot of guys that have more points than him like Henrik Sedin. Just want to see some points (goals preferably) up on the board for once!
    I picked up Kadri this week. I am in a very solid first place in my roto league, my weakest area is SOG. I can take Kadri as he is. If I stream him in for 5-10 games I can make up ground in that category. In fact right now he is on pace with OVI and others at an elite level (SOG wise). For that matter I picked up his teammate L. Komarov because he is top#5 in hits and adds more is SOG and points than the other NYI guys (Clutterbuck and Martin). I am able to benefit from these guys single good stat production!

But back to what you mentioned Bondon, there is plenty of scoring in Toronto over the last 14 days. (8 games)
    Bozak 9P
    PA 7P
    Holland 6P
    JVR 5P
    Phaneuf 4P
    Komarov 4P

KADRI 1P

I am not sure what is going on here. I can buy the idea that he has produced 20G before and shoots somewhere between SH% 10-13% in past seasons. This would indicate he would not be able to fire the puck this many times and stay off the score sheet, but the lack of assist also just baffles me. There is scoring going on and Kadri just keeps putting a zero on the score sheet, crazy!!!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
    I picked up Kadri this week. I am in a very solid first place in my roto league, my weakest area is SOG. I can take Kadri as he is. If I stream him in for 5-10 games I can make up ground in that category. In fact right now he is on pace with OVI and others at an elite level (SOG wise). For that matter I picked up his teammate L. Komarov because he is top#5 in hits and adds more is SOG and points than the other NYI guys (Clutterbuck and Martin). I am able to benefit from these guys single good stat production!

But back to what you mentioned Bondon, there is plenty of scoring in Toronto over the last 14 days. (8 games)
    Bozak 9P
    PA 7P
    Holland 6P
    JVR 5P
    Phaneuf 4P
    Komarov 4P

KADRI 1P

I am not sure what is going on here. I can buy the idea that he has produced 20G before and shoots somewhere between SH% 10-13% in past seasons. This would indicate he would not be able to fire the puck this many times and stay off the score sheet, but the lack of assist also just baffles me. There is scoring going on and Kadri just keeps putting a zero on the score sheet, crazy!!!
    I hear you mate, it's actually crazy to me. I've tuned into the last 5 or 6 Leaf games to see what's up and I can honestly say that Kadri is getting a lot of chances. I just don't know what he has to do to snap out of this funk. I'm hoping that the correction will come like a tidal wave soon but who knows.

That second PP unit is really doing work for the Leafs...and the Bozak-Parenteau-can't remember who line is doing really well

Dobber Sports Pro

Nazem Kadri is missing 100 percent of the shots he does take lately.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Where is the gosh darn correction! This guy has been so brutally useless! In a twisted way its been so bad that I feel like I can't move him now...
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Apprentice

81 SOG

6 Assist?

How is this possible. You would figure that maybe 5-6 more put back goals would happen from that many shots? I could see 81 SOG and 12 assist at this point, but it is kinda funny to watch this play out right now.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly