Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss journey.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Weight loss journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    it's basically a crappier version of counting calories which works because of science.
    Many diets work in theory. The structure and simplicity of Weight Watchers is a huge part of its success.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Many diets work in theory. The structure and simplicity of Weight Watchers is a huge part of its success.
    I don't see how it's simpler than just decreasing your calories. I mean, how much does weight watchers cost? I don't see the point.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't see how it's simpler than just decreasing your calories. I mean, how much does weight watchers cost? I don't see the point.
    Not that I'd ever use weight watchers, and I successfully lost about 65 lbs by myself (from 240 to 175), I think the appeal of weight watchers is the feeling of having somebody backing you on your journey. The eating schedule, the prepared meals (pretty sure they do this?), the online forums. Not everybody may have the backing and support of their family at home. I think Weight Watchers creates a community for those who need the support, and thats where the "value" likely comes in.

Dobber Sports Master

Hope it's going well stuntman. Keep steady. Lots of advice already so just encouragement from me. I had a battle too and consistency was the key to losing 27 lbs in 3 months or so. Lots of water. Regular exercise and bring your own lunch to work! No pre-prepared meals. Eat fresh, stay active and keep it up! Hope to see many more threads from you with updates.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Keep up the good work Stuntman and everyone else who is making it a goal to get healthier.

Dobber Sports Monster

Thanks everyone. I'm doing lots of exercise lately. I know it's been a short time since I really started but I feel stronger and my health is better overall. Not totally great or 100% but it's better. I wouldn't say it's good enough to go to work yet. I still get vertigo occasionally, Seems like I only get it when I have either too much caffeine, eat too much, work too hard (like work out or when I use to work hard at my old work place). I started feeling it a little while ago but it was fairly mild. I'm going to go tomorrow without coffee and see how I feel at the end of the day.

Thanks for all of your kind words.

Dobber Sports Titan

Weight Watchers works for people who don’t want to let people down. You have meetings and because you pay for it, you almost force yourself to do the things otherwise it’s a waste. My mom did it yrs ago and it was good for her for a while until life got in the way and she couldn’t make 1 meeting, then it turned into 2, then it turned into not following through on the action plan.

Whatever works for a person is the best diet, as long as it’s healthy.

I worked at McDs as a teenager and the store manager was on WW, and it was hilarious with her. Each item of food has a points system, and you can only have X amount of points a day. She would be at McDs and say “I can have mayo with my fries and it’s only xxxxx points!”. Turns out 1 mayo packet was 1 point, and there’s full on meals that have the same amount of points. She was essentially not changing her diet and just starving herself because she would want that mayo packet. The WW diet is not for someone who has 0 control/smarts.

Good Luck SM, and keep us updated often.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Do you know how it works?

There is a points system and you are allotted so many points per day. It's not just a reduction in calories. Some foods such as fruits and vegetables have 0 points and you can eat as much of them as you want. Many foods have the WW numbers written right on the packaging.

The point is that it works. The structure and resources WW provides make it very easy to follow. It might not be the most cost-effective diet but most people trying to lose weight do not have the cost of the diet as their #1 priority.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

There is a points system and you are allotted so many points per day. It's not just a reduction in calories. Some foods such as fruits and vegetables have 0 points and you can eat as much of them as you want. Many foods have the WW numbers written right on the packaging.

The point is that it works. The structure and resources WW provides make it very easy to follow. It might not be the most cost-effective diet but most people trying to lose weight do not have the cost of the diet as their #1 priority.
    Weight Watchers is simply not for someone unwilling to be open about weight loss with other people. WW is about a community rallying around you and pushing you to keep with the diet, and still allowing you to live a normal lifestyle. Ya you can go out and eat a steak dinner, but have a garden salad and veggies and have a healthy lunch that day.

A lot of diets don’t allow you to have that indulgence for a meal like weight watchers does, and I like that idea. Dieting is to make your life better, and to me if you’re not enjoying what you’re doing your life isn’t better.

It’s also one of the simplest ways to count calories. It’s based just off points, not physical numbers. Just because something is high in calories doesn’t automatically make it bad for you. That’s where WW helps when it comes to planning meals and snacks; the deep thinking is taken out of it.

Banned

Weight Watchers is based on a reduction on calories, so that's why it and other diets work. The reason those would have 0 points is because it's hard to eat a ton of them. If you ate 3000 calories of fruit and vegetables you wouldn't lose weight.

You will not lose fat if you do not reduce your calories.

Dobber Sports Monster

Weight Watchers is based on a reduction on calories, so that's why it and other diets work. The reason those would have 0 points is because it's hard to eat a ton of them. If you ate 3000 calories of fruit and vegetables you wouldn't lose weight.

You will not lose fat if you do not reduce your calories.
    That's about as real as it gets.

I remember about 2 months ago I was working 6 days a week and I was doing lots of walking because of work and I was doing fair amount of lifting...I think at work I walked about 14000 steps and for a big man like me that was lots...I was tired, I ate 3000 calories for a few days in a row because I actually felt hungry enough to keep eating but my weight was still going down. But once I had a day off and ate 3000 calories my weight would shoot right up. Now I try and stay as active as possible everyday.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    That's about as real as it gets.

I remember about 2 months ago I was working 6 days a week and I was doing lots of walking because of work and I was doing fair amount of lifting...I think at work I walked about 14000 steps and for a big man like me that was lots...I was tired, I ate 3000 calories for a few days in a row because I actually felt hungry enough to keep eating but my weight was still going down. But once I had a day off and ate 3000 calories my weight would shoot right up. Now I try and stay as active as possible everyday.
    For me cutting calories by portion control and eliminating late night eating had a much bigger impact on my weight over working out more. Granted, a combination is best but I'd take cutting back on calories over working out more.

Dobber Sports Monster

For me cutting calories by portion control and eliminating late night eating had a much bigger impact on my weight over working out more. Granted, a combination is best but I'd take cutting back on calories over working out more.
    I agree, just at the time I was kind of forced to be active since I was being active. By the end of the 6 days in a row I ran myself into the ground and the next day I just did basically nothing haha. But watching what you eat is ultimately the key to weight loss.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I agree, just at the time I was kind of forced to be active since I was being active. By the end of the 6 days in a row I ran myself into the ground and the next day I just did basically nothing haha. But watching what you eat is ultimately the key to weight loss.
    Just stay steady dude. Eat fresh, eat natural, home made lunches and some decent, regular exercise. You'll get there.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Titan

Update?????